Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 7

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 7

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 am

Good morning,

It's 61* out on the deck this morning and we have a little resident frog somewhere out there croaking out a tune to welcome the day. Now isn't that poetic??

Yesterday I mostly rested my back and did nothing but work on that ding dang recipe box project. and I'm still only half-way through it! LOL! In many cases I have like 5 recipes, for swiss steak for example, and never refer to any of them but cook out of my head instead! I am in a real purging mode lately and it's so nice to have room in that box, my closet, my dresser, my kitchen cupboards. I told Bill to watch out because I've got my eye on his garage next! I've even purged myself of 2 pounds! :D

Today is going to be an ugly day. The dust on my furniture is impressive. We're leaving messages in it! and the kitchen floor is sticky. The dog is slacking in his duties! and it's time to clean bathrooms again. Bill is going shooting this morning so I'll have something to keep myself amused. :roll:

After a conference with doctor, nurses, and family yesterday, the decision was made to put Uncle Ernie in palliative care. He has made no progress in nearly 6 weeks. We know it's the right thing to do - make his time left as comfortable as possible. But, boy, this was hard to do. Ernie and his wife, Sherrie, who died 5 yrs ago, were my favorite aunt & uncle of all. (and I had 3 sets on my own side!) Even my 3 kids love(d) them. We did find out yesterday that the '"girlfriend" (I just can't use that word for her without italicizing it :evil: ) crashed his truck 2 weeks prior to the fractured hip and totaled another car - a BMW to the tune of $32,000, plus medical expenses for the driver. Now we know why Ernie's truck was so difficult to drive when we brought it from Seattle to our house. So we'll be getting it fixed, too, (insurance will cover), so it can be sold.

MARY ROSE - I hope you enjoyed your unmentionable supper last night. I know my Foxy-kitty would have loved it!

JANA - I could smell your bread from here! And what's stopping you from slicing off a big piece of hot bread and enjoying it? That's when it's the yummiest! Mom always timed her bread to come out of the oven as my brothers (and their friends!) were coming home from high school. They got a whole loaf for a snack and just tore it apart. There was often homemade butter to go with. and they even shared with us little girls!

IRISH - we love our vet, too. Dr. Carla. Her hubby is a retired firefighter so I suppose one day Carla will want to retire, too. I took care of one of her babies who came through our NICU years ago and now she takes care of my babies! (mine have more fur!) Oh, we've had a couple friends who had both knees done at the same time and they say Big Mistake! Glad your sis opted not to do that. In Oct of '97 we were in PA and upstate NY. And yes, the colors were unbelievable! New England has nothing on you! We don't get much color here.

BECCA - is Tallulah going to all-day kindergarten or half-day? I really think whole days are just too much for such little ones but that seems to be the way it's headed here. My Autumn came home after morning K, ate lunch, and put herself down for a 3-hr nap every single day. She would never have made it through all day sessions. Please pass the cookies!

CHICKIE - good to see you have plans for after the baby quilt. LOL!!! I'd hate to think of you sitting out there in Kansas, bored, with nothing to do! ;)

Tonite - chili relleno casserole! It's time has come! and I might put it into the crockpot so I can smell it cooking all day while I work my fingers to the bone on my uglies.

What will be smelling up your kitchen for tonite's feast?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 7

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:58 am

Good morning!

Michael is off delivering the Sunday Ward bulletin for tomorrow. I stayed here.

Ethan went to Lagoon last night with Sandee and Scott. I know he had a blast as it is tons of roller coasters and "Aunt Sandee" spoils that little boy. He calls her Aunt Sandee, even though they are cousins. Scott does hiscshare of spoiling too. It was employee family day from Scott's company. Matt didn't take his kids, as he was gone on a guys camping trip with Crenda's side of the family.

Aaron just called and let me know he passed the first phase of hiring on as a firefighter. So he may be my second firefighter in the family. He still has the oral board and agility test to do in October. The fire department allows husbands and wives to work together, so if he is hired, it causes no problem for Kate. Firefighting pays more than his current job, which will be a good thing. Training is at night, so he will continue with his day job.

Not much here. Found some AWOL pictures and frames. I knew they were here, somewhere. Michael found them as he is clearing up the railroad space. He is still working on the the most difficult section of construction, which is very close to being done. I do know where the hammer and nails are, so these pictures will not become AWOL again!

Dinner - grilled ribeyes and corn. Nice enough to be outside without us becoming the roasted dinner!

Mary - glad that the decisions are made for Uncle Ernie. Things hanging undone drive us all batty. As you dig deeper into all of Ernie's affairs, who knows what else you will find that was done. I would suggest that all credit cards be monitored by the bank letting you know, as the girlfriend could have the numbers and make charges using the internet. Even if you have the hard credit card in your possesion.

Well, time to do someth8ng, fun or not!

Enjoy,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am

Good afternoon from warm, but overcast, Sw. Pa...Just not sure if we're in for some sprinkles or just sunless....But, I do know, I need to water if Mother Nature doesn't take care of it....

Mary, Maybe it's a good idea for you to just sit and take care of that recipe collection...Your back will thank you! Years ago, Kathy started me putting recipes in a photo album but I still have my huge plastic bag with things I've cut out of magazines and the paper, that I'll never use....There are times when I think I'll cook and then I wake up and think again....But, I really do like to cook and do miss having all the kids here....
I think you've all made the right decision on Uncle Ernie...He'll be taken care of and made comfortable and that what he needs...But, as Jana suggested, keep track of credit cards or even have them closed...If she has done that much damage already, what's to stop her now.....I keep thinking, wouldn't it be great if everyone did what was right and just helped each other instead of using.......
Oh and while you're doing recipes, how about sending me your "dinner" recipe....I want Kathy to make it for me when I get out there......
And speaking of Kathy, she texted me last night on their way to California, again...She had only been home a couple of days and they were off to see "Deep Purple and Foghat" in concert...She has to retire, she doesn't have time to work!

Chickie, As Mary said, good for you to have projects, would really hate to have you sitting around doing nothing, (as if that would ever happen).....

Today is my ugly day but I've decided not to dust too much..You know how we go to dust, I'd hate to disturb some of the relatives.....And just as I said that, the sun came out so maybe I'll go outside and play with some weeds....

As for dinner, haven't a clue so it might be cereal....I do need to stop at Dan's to visit with his furbabies so maybe Ruby might have plans...........

You all have a great day..........

Happy eating..............

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Well I just got home from work and have no idea what to fix for supper tonight.

Mary I enjoyed my unmentionable meal immensely yesterday.

Jana I would have gladly shared your bread. I could smell it's wonderful aroma all the way over here. Yum.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”