Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 31st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 am

Good morning!

Well, this about wraps up August. September, here we come! Are you ready?

Yesterday I got all my books unpacked and shelved. That took hours as there are a LOT of books. :D I also put my grandparents' old trunck back in our bedroom and repacked it with 100+ yr old family momentos. (I hope to be passing that whole thing on to my niece, Carmen, one day soon). I also have a big trunk that serves as a coffee table and I refilled that will all MY memorabilia - school annuals, wedding stuff, baby clothes, etc. I decided to finally ditch my 49 yr old wedding bouquet. It was looking a bit wilted. We are still hunting for a laundry sink - needs to be big enough to hold a 37# sheltie.

Sewing has almost come to a standstill the last couple of weeks, but hopefully that will change as we finish up chores around here. We still have another cord of wood to split/stack but that's sort of a fun job - to me, anyway. Can't speak for Mr. Bill. We haven't touched it for at least two weeks, but even when we do, it's only for an hour or two a day. Slow and steady eventually fills the woodshed.

Bill's sister, Becky and her hubby, Ed went to see Uncle Ernie. He's still agitated and confused. They went by his house, checked on things, met neighbors, cleaned the kitchen. Then Ed drove Ernie's truck here. He had to put gas in it. He thinks it was siphoned before it was returned, the inside was kind of trashed, and it's got some serious mechanical things wrong with it. The 'friend' was none to gracious about returning it. We're going up in a few days and while there will have the locks changed. Bill had mail forwarded to our address and I told Bill he needs timers for the lights, too.

TINA - I hope you're feeling a bit better today. Here, in Mexican restaurants, enchiladas and burritos are made the same, both rolled. Now that you mention it, burritos are flour tortillas and enchiladas are corn. I prefer the enchiladas myself.

JANA - thanks for the tip on having to still make a POA trip every 6 weeks or so. I shared that with Bill. I'm afraid Bill's cousin won't do that, though. I don't think it matters to him much. Another interesting story from your family! You really couldn't make this stuff up, you know! You should be keeping a journal of all the things your kids see/do/tell you! Chimichanga! Another Mexican treat similar to burritos and enchiladas. I have to say though, they always seem way too big for me so I never order them.

BECCA - happy shower day! Give your Taylor a big hug from all of us! Will you give her the quilts today? Sorry to hear your Potassium is low. Most yellow and orange foods contain it, too, not just bananas. Sweet potatoes, pumpkin, bell peppers, carrots, and even white potatoes. I'm not a big fan of bananas either.

Well, IRISH is at the cabin with her sis and CHICKIE finally got some time in her sewing room to work on her baby quilt so it's kind of quiet here. Ed & Becky stayed for supper last night and I cooked the pork chops. I also had scalloped potatoes, salad, and the summer veggie au gratin. I think the recipe was a good one - IF you like summer squash. We're not in love with zucchini or summer yellow squash. It also had egg plant, tomatoes, and garlic. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll share. But I don't think I'll make it again. Unless I swap out the veggies for ..say.. winter or root veggies.

Tonite we'll have leftover potatoes, the squash dish (gotta eat it up!), and salad. Might grill chicken breasts to go with.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 31st

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:07 am

Good morning!

Mary - we hunted too for a utility sink, otherwise known as a slop sink here. Could not find one I liked, but found a vanity sink combo that was deep enough and wide enough to hold a big bucket, so that is what I use. It was for the Outhouse in the Batt Cave. But I know Bill is handy, so maybe he can make you one. I saw one on Pinterest that I loved made from a galvanized tub mounted in legs. It was too big for my space, but something like that for you may work. That Scottie we8ghs more than you do!

All my kids are camping together up outside of Park City. It will be quiet here.

As for stories, these are just the escapades of my kids. Sandee has a whole bunch more that happens from her teaching school! Being a special ed teacher, her kids challenge her and come up with some of the darnest things.

I am ready for Fall! We are seeing leaves change and fall here already. Also, when the snow falls, the fire danger diminishes. We had a bad fire start, north of us, that took three homes, all because of a illegal campfire. The fire fighters are working hard to gain a perimeter and save many more homes.

Need to wash my carpet, finish the Ward Bulletin and then I can sew. Dinner will be caesar chicken salads. I am making a bunch of freezer meals as well. That way, we can still eat and I can sew!

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:16 am

Good morning everyone,break time after strip bed,laundry,& dress bed & walk.Getting it ready for Denise & Mark next week.
Maryz Yes the quilts are wrapped,Bears,books.crib sheets.I thought it would be canceled but they didn’t.Denise said it may help Taylor to see friends & family away from Hospital for a couple Hrs.She sure needs a lift.
Sure hope Uncle Ernie can get situated.Too bad someone had no more respect for his Truck.

Jana My Denise ,Courtney,& Emily all have many many stories from School happenings.Some break your Heart.And with Pastors,Plumbers,Conractor ,business men, there are many more.Some funny Some not so funny.

Chickie Glad you have help with Mom & got to sew some.

Irish Thinking of you & hoping all is well.

We have leftovers,pork chops ,rice for CA ,potatoe & spinach sauté for me. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi everyone! I'm just zooming through, I'm trying to close my Pampered Chef Facebook party and wanted to let you all know before I forget that I'm going to go see a new Dr this next week.
Prayers for those babies Becca ❤
Hopefully I'll be back better tomorrow and not be so rushed.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”