Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I read in Sew-in that the twins now have spinal meningitis. I'm sure we'll all be stepping up with the prayers for them! I'm glad Adalyn had a better night.

IRISH - My sister's specialty is shoo-fly pie and cake. You don't hear about that too often. Her ex-hubby is from Pottstown, PA and his family was very Pennsylvania Dutch. I think you're going to have a terrific time this weekend! Glad your sis is getting out!

JANA - We've been on a few hair-raising routes courtesy of GPS. About 8 years ago, there was a couple lost for a week in the mountains here. I learned a few weeks after they were found that they were my friend's in-laws - guided by GPS. I feel for Sarah's truck driver! I'm sure if he'd known where he was going, he would never have turned up the canyon. Another fascinating story from Utah!

TINA - If I were there, I'd come clean your utility room for you. Though I do love your analagy - 'dust bunnies big enough to saddle'! :lol: Hoping you feel better sooner rather than later. So, is there a big difference between enchiladas and burritos other than the sauce?

Still not quite together downstairs. Bill brought in the bookshelves and then got distracted by his phone, computer, FB, forums, etc. So I handtrucked many boxes of books in myself and shelved them. But lots of boxes still to go. I got rid of one old paperback because I found I had two copies. lol! We went to Home Depot looking for a new laundry sink. They wanted $119 for a plastic one so flimsy it would barely stand up on it's four legs without listing to the side. We'll keep looking. Today - hoping to get the last of the books in, the coffee table, and then the chachkies put out. Some things are going away permanently.

We had a nice T-storm last night. It was still pretty warm so we sat out on our covered deck to enjoy it until our carpet guy came by to inspect his contractor's work (which was excellent!), chat, and collect the second half of what we owed for the work. Ouch! But let's not think about that - let's think, instead, how soft that new bedroom rug feels under our bare feet. By the time he left our storm was over. Oh well. I think we might have another one coming our way in a few days.

Bill's cousin said he talked to Ernie on the phone yesterday. He said Ernie sort of knew him. Bill's sis is visiting today and we'll visit Sunday. It's a half-day proposition for us to go for a 30-min. visit. For Bill's sis, it's all day long, a 250-mile round trip. The cousin who lives closest is in AZ at the moment and moving there permanently by the end of Oct. He is the one with all the legal power and he won't extend that to Bill or Becky. Insists he can do it just fine through faxing. Arghh.. Bill needed his signature 3 days ago to get Ernie's locks changed and it still hasn't come through. Frustrating.

Our pork chop supper last night turned into grilled cheese and the last of our chicken rice soup since our carpet guy stayed so late visiting. So tonite will be those chops and I have a recipe for "summer veggies au gratin" that I want to try. Plus a salad, of course.

What are you thinking about for your supper tonight?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 30th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 am

Good morning!
Becca, praying so hard for the babies!
Mary, let me know if your new recipe is any good please. Enchiladas are softened corn tortillas in hot oil real quick, put sauce on plate then a corn tortilla, cooked meat, cheese, sauce, and repeat however many times you want, I only do 2. A smothered burrito is flour tortillas....you heat the tortilla put meat in it, roll it then smoother it in the sauce. Burritos are way easier than enchiladas but Frankie likes enchiladas better and he always says "to make it easier on you let's just have enchiladas". And guess what LOL we went into town before supper to get corn tortillas so I could do the "easier" enchiladas after all. 😂
Today is retirement payday so I asked Frankie to take me out to dinner, I don't care if it's for a hotdog at this point. Cleaning my kitchen got the better of me last night and Frankie got out of bed and washed the last 3 things for me. It was weird, I was posting a Pampered Chef party on Facebook last night so I can stay "active" because I wasn't able to do anything this month, so I have to have a qualifying party.....anyway, I was posting and I was sitting in my recliner doing it and got dizzy and supper shaky, the room started moving, crazy! I'm gonna call the Dr's office today and see if that's normal or what.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am

Good morning!

Mary - what a good contractor to come back and check on the install! Dealing with all the medical long distance is hard. I still needed to travel back and forth about every 6 weeks, even with all the tech available. You m8ght want to mention that.

Tina - be careful! Take your time in doing things!

We love both burritos and enchiladas as well as I do, chimichangas, fried burritos, smothered in mole sauce! I learned a trick to cut down on the oil in softening corn tortillas. Brush them lightly with oil, then place on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven for about 5 minutes. I keep them warm covered with a towel, after they are out of the oven, while I roll them.

Becca - those precious bundles are always in my prayers.

Well, so far today, no sod stories. Well, maybe one I learned from Aaron yesterday. Kate was on a call to a cardiac arrest in the park at the tennis courts. They rolled up and the tennis courts were on the other side from where they were. So where does a firetruck drive? Anywhere it wants! So they headed across the park, cross country style, through the grass. As they were almost there, the truck sunk in the grass up to the floor boards. Stuck! Kate grabbed the equipment and ran the last short little bit to give aid. After, they came back and rocked back and forth and got the truck unstuck. What has this to do with sod, you ask? It was a brand new intall that morning from Sarah's company!

No more in yesterday's escapades.

Dinner - well, I have mole sauce, chicken, but need cheese and tortillas from the store, dinner will be either burritos or enchiladas.

It is early day for Ethan. He is out 2 hours earlier than normal. We are going to sew his quilt.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello everyone,sunny here after cooler nite.
Has been a tough day.Twins are always up front in my mind.The Shower is tomorrow.Only Taylor is coming.Levi will stay with Babies.
Thank you for praying.It seems it’s one hurdle after another.They said as long as people are praying.We keep asking what can we do other than what we have done.

Tina I do wish some Dr could find out what’s going on.Just want you well again.Glad you explained the difference.CA loves enchiladas.He had never tasted a burrito until Last week.He likes the enchiladas best.Glad you got to eat out.

Maryz We went to see My MIL every 3 weeks or more.Was 31/2 hrs one way.Its not an easy task.Do hope the nephew changes his mind.Glad you are all back to normal.Now Enjoy.
Our little DGGD got a pink cast yesterday.They sent us her picture.She was smiling not like the last time we saw her.

Jana Those episodes must be normal for them.In their case Sure they never know what lies ahead.

I haven’t accomplished a lot today.Yesterday was a busy busy day.Got lots done & glad I did because After the news of Brodee I wasn’t worth much.
I am grilling pork chops.Potatos in jacket.My potassium was low so I’m trying to eat the right foods.Plus take a pill.Eating banana which I am not fond of. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”