Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:59 am

Good morning,

Well, we're nearly done! Last workman went home yesterday. Most of our stuff is back in the house. Bill tipped a couple of they guys to help him carry in the heavier pieces. What a blessing they've all been! Today, we'll handtruck in the bookshelves and the many, many boxes of books and I'll start reshelving them. I love and collect books like I love and collect fabric. If we ever have to downsize, I'm gonna be really crying!

LORI - I bet your DO have some interesting stories from your career! Wouldn't it be fun to all get together for a real life supper club 'meeting' and swap stories! It will be chilly/chili weather here before we know it!

JANA - well you made me get up and go look for my Skinnies book to see if I have the one you described. Couldn't find it but I know it's hear someplace. I think that's the one (and only) I have. And yes, you certainly could write a book! I always enjoy hearing of your kids' adventures. And smart move to wait to see if anything shows up with Aaron's back. Sounds like your mom and Uncle Ernie share a similar history. I have to say, it doesn't sound encouraging. Ernie has all but stopped eating now. That's a sizable burn! But I bet it felt better as soon as it stopped hurting. ;)

BECCA - Thinking of your little DGD with the broken arm. Hope the swelling goes down quickly. Glad you got the bill squared away at the doctor's office! That's a heck of a thing to tell someone just before they have their BP taken!

As for our supper, I took pork chops out of the freezer last night. Not sure yet how I'm going to fix them but they will be the star of our supper tonite. But Tina and Sharona were talking about their Hatch chilies over in sew-in yesterday and now I'm hungry for something chili-ish. So that will be coming up on our menu soon. How about you? Got a supper plan yet?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 29th

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:59 am

Good morning!

Mary - I so like when a house is back to normal, just Michael and me! Now for all the books and their homes to be dealt with, then let all the enjoyment of the new things begin! Such fun!

Well, I am on clock watch to get Ethan off to school this morning. A huge stupidity on the part of one of the sod drivers happened right here, up the canyon. The canyon is called Butterfield canyon and it does connect to the other side of the mountain, Tooele. But, this is a huge BUT, the road is a dirt road, barely big enough for a jeep or pickup truck and if you get over to the top, it needs to be 4 wheel drive to get down the other side to Tooele. No way can or could you get a semi truck and trailer over this road. Well, a sod driver for Sarah's company tried to go that way, claiming Google directions told him that is the route. She went to see the whole problem and now Michael is heading there as well. This canyon is literally in my front yard, about a mile from us and Sarah. So we shall see what story this will evolve into! Never dull around here! Stu is taking little boy to school, but I will need to be the alarm to remind him, it is time to go.

Dinner - maybe I should create a new dish - hulabaloo stew! ROFLOL! We will see what I come up with.

Enjoy,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:22 am

Good almost afternoon from a very sunny but not real warm, (low 70s) SW. Pa....But, it really is a gorgeous day, a good day to get my baking done....

Oh Mary, what a great feeling to have your house almost done....I know how you feel about the books etc. I had saved all my quilting magazines and on a whim, decided to part with most of them...It was hard but I talked to a quilting group from a local church and those gals were so happy...Kind of eased the pain! I really should go through my fabric, maybe this winter...I know I'm not going to ever use it...I just saw on one of the sites, someone was selling bins and bins of fabric and they had it posted for $2000.00...But, you know when you think about it, could really be a bargain....
I keep thinking about Bill's uncle...I feel for him and I also feel for Bill, it's a terrible thing to go through...I thank God every day that Jim's illness and passing was the way it was...We sure didn't want Jim to go through what he did but even in the end, he knew me, knew when the kids were talking to him and squeezed their hands...He was just tired and went to sleep....

Jana, love the name of your dinner "creation"...And in your house, sounds like it fits, perfectly, lol...Don't you wonder how some people survive as long as they do...Normally, when you're a driver, you do know the different routes and which are NOT to be taken...I think maybe you should be writing a book!

Becca, hope all is well in your neck of the woods...I'm sure your weather is like our's because I know you'd love it.....I was thinking of you the other day...On Tuesday when I was with my sister, she asked if I wanted to sit on her front porch, on the swing....It's been quite awhile since I've been on that old swing, years and years...But, it brought back so many good memories...It's the house I grew up in and many, many hours were spent on that front porch...But, we decided, the swinging and her using her leg to make the swing go, was good exercise for her knee...As long as we gabbed and gabbed, she didn't feel the pain...She really is doing well, I think but she's wants it better yesterday, lol....
Praying those little miracles continue to fight and continue to grow.....

I am baking things to take to camp for the weekend...Normally, my sister will have cooked and baked enough to live up there for months but this time, we're mostly going to eat breakfast in but the rest of the meals out but needed goodies...So, she requested, ShooFly cake and Iced Banana Bars....Was also told to pack light and be prepared to play lots and lots of cards....We're leaving tomorrow as soon as her DS gets home from work and I'm meeting the gals for lunch tomorrow so thought I'd better get busy today....Baby Girl saw me packing my little bag and is already mad at me...But, the neighbor fella comes over to play with her and give her treats so she'll be fine....

As for my dinner, I still have a little left over stuffed meat loaf, hand full of potatoes and a little gravy...Might have to sample one of the goodies (gotta make sure they're edible)...

You all have a great rest of the day....I doubt if I'll be on line until I get back home, so you all try to behave yourselves......

Happy eating................

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:25 am

Good morning!
Mary, I'm so glad Bill got some extra help with the heavy stuff. I collect books too LOL mostly cookbooks but I have all my John Gresham books too, I think I'm behind on a few newest ones, I'll have to let Frankie and the kids know so they have ideas for my birthday and Christmas 😉
Jana, I wonder about some of the drivers on the roads these days, crazy huh.
Irish, your camp and goodies sound perfect! I want your temps please!
Becca, prayers for the babies and your little DGD who broke her arm.
We just went out and took care of the animals/critters outside and then I had to water my flowers, when we came in I got sick, ugh. So I'm not sure what else I'm doing today now. I was planning on cleaning the utility room and den, it's getting to me being dirty. It hasn't been cleaned since right when I got sick and Frankie loves to come in and just drop things here and there and the dust bunnies are big enough to saddle now!
I'm thinking green chili enchiladas for supper.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 am

TWINS Update Brodee had a spinal tap this morning to see if the staph got in his spinal fluid.If so the meds have to be taken longer.They are trying to wean them off the ventilator.We are praying their lungs will be strong enough.Marty went to see them last night & he was amazed how much better they look.Both weighs 1.13 oz.Both are 13 1/2 ins long.Hadlee is stable.They tell me to thank everyone for praying.

Our GGD Adalyn had a good nites Rest.She didn’t the nite before.Will Check today about when she gets cast.

Hello everyone,today has been a topsy turby day.Slept late because of thinking of twins & couldn’t get to sleep.Recliners were to be delivered at 9:30.Marty was halfway to Atlanta & missed his wallet.Had to turn around & come back.I met him at Church to give it to him.After making lunch I mowed the yard & trimmed.Now it’s break time.

Maryz So Happy They are Finished.Now you can enjoy it.I donated lots of my books because I knew one day they will have to go.

Irish Have fun camping.My porch feels lonely I know.Its been neglected this Summer.Too busy.Know the goodies will be good.Martys friend sends us lots,

Tina Im So Sorry you aren’t up to par.Wish they could pinpoint your problem.It bothers me when things get neglected.Hugs to you.

Jana Your day’s are always full.I miss Marty & Levi Being here a lot.But Denise Called today & they are coming next week.

CA wants enchiladas.I have some meatloaf I froze.And salad. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:31 am

I'm back, I talked to Frankie and he didn't want to stop at the store for corn tortillas so we're gonna have smothered burritos instead.
Becca, happy to hear the babies do better each day. The Dr said it's just gonna take time with me, I'm just impatient.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Update on the stuck sod truck - yup it is really stuck up at almost the top of the canyon. They have to unload all the sod, around 10 pallets or so. On each sod truck is a donkey, it is a mechanical forklift to move the pallets of sod. So that donkey can unload the pallets and bring them back down to the bottom of the canyon road, which is wider and paved. Sarah has another truck down there waiting and that d9nkey will reload the pallets on the new truck, hopefully for delivery. Then the Wrecker, tow truck, can go up and bring the stuck truck down, in the cab section and the trailer. Aaron is off today and took his drone up there. Helping the wrecker know what is going on ,and to practice flying the drone in a incident situation. Sounds like a win win! This is going yo vost the company a huge amiunt of dollars! When the Wreckers assist UHP and Aaron, it is about $400 a hour! So far, we are at about 6 hours and they just started unloading the sod. Oh, the girl in the office that dispatches all the trucks used a Apple GPS system, Google won't allow you to route thru the canyon, Apple did. Aaron and Michael tried their GPS's to route through Butterfield Canyon and it would not. Don't trust GPS! More to the saga to follow.....

Return to “Chit Chat”