Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 am

Good morning,

We slept in until 5:20 this morning! Whoo Hoo!! Someone somewhere must have goofed up!

Yesterday we got our entryway floor finished plus our rock hearth. Hearth crew coming back this morning to grout it. Then it's all up to us - a few trim boards, hang the doors back, and move stuff back into the house. I'm going through EVERYTHING before it comes back in. I did that when it went out - purged - but I'm doing it again. I actually have partially empty drawers in the bathroom now!

Bill and his sister, Becky, went to Seattle re Uncle Ernie. Met with doctors who admit they are baffled. Ernie seems to have cracked, mentally, with the fall/surgery/anesthesia/pain meds/trauma of it all. He's not getting better and in his state of agitation he is in restraints, on anti-psychotic meds, and no rehab will take him. Their best plan right now is to wean him off all meds and see if that works. He's been in the hospital now for a month.

Today - I HAVE to wash something. I haven't done laundry for 2 weeks and the pile is growing and starting to snarl at me. But with the workmen so close to the washer/dryer, I've held off. Maybe I can get a couple of loads washed and on the lines before they arrive today.

IRISH - your Kathy and Tim are certainly making the most of life! And it's so nice that she wants to include you, too! You're going to have to keep us informed of all those dates. I will never remember them! Some time at a mountain cabin sounds pretty nice to me! I bet Nick is a handsome dude in his uniform! Where in TX is he?

JANA - My gosh! That trucker guy has nerve!! He must have another truck available to have gotten his machinery to a job. Now he's going to have even more charges against him. Love it - Gracie's Disneyland money! I say, "Go get him, Aaron!" Sorry you burned your wrist. I'm finding at this age, when I get a burn it takes FOREVER to heal and then I have a red mark for FOREVER AND A DAY. Is it a very big burn? I still have a book of skinnies that I bought because of you. I haven't even started on those yet, but one of these days. I like the 'skinny' factor because I have so few walls on which to display anything.

BECCA - great report on the twins! But not so for your WA GGD! Poor little girl. It's a long ride to a hospital from where they live! But she'll like showing off her brightly colored cast to everyone! They come in neat colors now!

CHICKIE - sorry to hear Mom's now on Hospice, but it's such a good organization. They can provide such relief to patient and family, as you well know. I'm sorry you are steaming in Kansas. I feel for your cattle who don't have much A/C! I'm excited for you to get your little cow quilt finished. Happy Birthday to Royal Doyal! Sounds like he feasted! And bite your tongue, woman!! My next "big project" will be a quilt! No more house stuff! I am pecking away at the yard, but I've gotten to where I don't care so much anymore about that. I'm letting Nature guide me in my yard. lol!

Our chicken rice soup last night was sooo good! Sometimes I win one! Bill's sister ate with us. Tonite - we have more soup! After that I will have to start scrounging around for new food. My grocery list is growing.

Happy Suppertime! (every time I hear or see the word Suppertime, I see Snoopy dancing around with his supper dish on top of his head, singing, "It's suppertime! It's suppertime!"

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 28

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:39 am

Good morning!

Mary - I know how hard it was to find a place for my mom. She was on many drugs to control the delusions. We finally did and after her hip surgery for a break, she too never came out of the anethesia. Prayers for finding a good place for Uncle Ernie.

The burn on my arm is getting better. I only notice it if I bump it. The deepest area of the burn is about 2x2 now.

Dinner - I am thinking of a Enchilada stack. They are deconstructed enchiladas, no rolling required. I can make just two on a cookie sheet and not have a ton of leftovers. We are going to get some groceries, milk is dangerously low.

Aaron meets with the attorney today. He saw the doctor yesterday and has a strained muscle in his back and the doctor gave him some stretching exercises to do and to take Advil twice a day. So he is released from all the doctor care right now. He has all those reports for the attorney as well. Aaron was well taught by his Dad to dot all the i's and cross all the t's!

Well, time to get going,
Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 am

Hello everyone,sunny here now &80.
Maryz Do hope they can get Uncle Ernie in a place.I know it’s hard.
Our little GGD with broken arm was able to sleep last nite still no cast too swollen.

Jana Why is it we always bump a hurt place.Sure hope it heals fast.My DGD bought me some of those fireproof gloves that come almost to elbow after I got a burn on oven.

Chickie Know your chicken quilt will be neat.So Glad you have Hospice.Maybe they can help you.

Irish Hope DS does well.Another trip coming up.Your baby girl will be mad again.lol

Marty just left to visit Twins so I will get a report tonite.
My Dr visit this morning was just routine & bloodwork.The receptionist got my BP rising.Told me my Bill was 1,022.00.I got so upset but told her I pay bills when I receive a bill.CA called billing & its 0.No one anymore knows what they are doing.
Got groceries,& Library run.And picked up cards for gifts for Twins.
Oh I’m sure I have plenty of leftovers.Marty will eat out.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Mary - about those Skinnies - Sarah went into one of our quilt stores and found a adorable new skinnie pattern that we didn't have - It is called Summer Fun - it has a lemonade stand or a beach scene or a Toad's House and sunflowers. See, I keep getting into trouble with that girl!

As for Aaron - he talked to the attorney and they are taking his case and have laid out the stategy they will use in going after the guy. They will not be in a hurry, as if, Aaron's back gives him trouble down the road, they want to make sure that is included in what they sue and settle for. Which is fine with me!

We have another saga going on with Sarah's company as well, but she is fine and is just crossing the i's and dotting the t's for the company's owner. Boy, between what Matt does for a living, which I don't know much, Daniel fighting fires, jumping out of helicopters, Aaron and the troopers, Kate and the first responders, and Sarah, sheesh, I am surprised that there is even a hair on my head, let alone not all white! LOL! The book I could write would read like fiction, but it would be real life!

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm

Mariam, sorry to hear your mama is on hospice.

Jana, I bet you have some good stories. I do too.

Well dinner for us was chili.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”