Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning!

We have a lot of - umm - shall we say "guest posts" this morning. I've been deleting them as fast as I can. Chriss and Jana have been working on it, too. A good reminder that hackers do get into this site - as they get into most sites - so never post pictures or other info with identity information - like e-mail address, home addresses, phone numbers, or quilt labels, especially for babies where we tend to include full names, birthdates, and place of birth.

We dismantled our bed yesterday and pulled the last bit of carpet. We now sleep on our mattress in the family room. Our furkids look a bit confused but are going with the flow. They are happy to sleep where ever we sleep. Tomorrow comes the bedroom carpet and our rock hearth. We should be able to start moving back in on Wednesday.

If we have a plan for today I don't know about it yet. Probably wood splitting or yard work. Maybe a bit of sewing. All our other issues - Uncle Ernie, my DSIL (Marge), and the Rats Next Door - seem to be in a holding pattern. I think Vicki's kids will need a reminder message tomorrow about an exterminator.

Scottie's itching has eased up a lot. Poor dog! So much going on in life right now I forgot to pay attention to him when we switched his food. He's such a sensitive little guy. :D

Seahawks won last night! :D :D

BECCA - happy anniversary! I'm thinking it's # 61? Am I close? Glad the twins are holding their own.

IRISH - the Clancy of my youth was a big brown dog - a real character. My brothers still talk about Clancy's exploits sometimes. My special cat was Tango. A big sweet tuxedo and the reason why I'm so partial to black and white cats. I even have a Sylvester collection - all because of Tango (1986-1997 :( ). Newborn babies are the best of all babies! I can feel my blood pressure drop just holding one (now that they are no longer my job! lol!) You must be so proud of Nick. Seems he was just about 12 and loving to come cook with/for you!

JANA - My kids tease Bill all the time because his motto in life is "Never by a cheap toilet!" They say they are going to put that on his headstone. We have a Kohler and an American Standard. Both are expensive enough, I think. lol! I, too, under-appreciated law enforcement for a long time. Until my eyes were opened. And there are so many areas of law enforcement, not just those in uniform. Correction officers, prison workers, park rangers, probation/parole officers (which is what my Michael was). I pray for them all - across the nation - daily. But now, if I pass a patrol car, I wave. If we're in a restaurant and see a table of officers having breakfast or lunch, we ask the waitress for their entire bill, pay it, and then quietly leave. They have a rough job and deserve any acknowledgement and thanks they receive. I'm glad Scott spoke up!

TINA - I'm not sure what Duck Races are but I'm sorry you didn't get to go. Will hope for some cooler days coming your way soon. You can keep your pond cleaner-outers supplied with iced tea and lemonade! a turkey dinner sounds good to me!

CHICKIE - I think you've had a mom weekend. How is your cow quilt coming along?

And supper tonite is going to be pasta and Swedish meatballs unless we change our minds. And we reserve the right to do that, though I always feel compelled to let y'all know! lol! What's YOUR plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 25th

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 am

Good morning!

Yes Mary, there were a lot of bratty people this morning! Couldn't hit the button fast enough!

Mary - almost there! Now that there is so much new, are you staying home more? Hope the Vicki saga has a short run now and her kids are getting the exterminator.

Not much here. Michael didn't finish in the garage yesterday. Took the day off and played on his computer. I then had the chance to quilt and get the binding on my September wall hanging. The October one is almost ready as well. It needs some green curly viney thingys added before I layer it. It suggests yarn, but Sarah didn't have the right green, so I need to find something. I am thinking about making some very small bias strips to do the curly things. We will see.....

Dinner - humm.... unknown, but there will be cookies. I have the feeling we will be invaded by grands late this afternoon. They always need cookies! It will be either chocolate chip or brownie cookies. Michael likes the brownie cookies, so it may be that.

Not much else here

Becca - somewhat good news on the babies. They are fighters! Just couldn't wait to get here from heaven to show all what they came to do!

Tina - duck races? Are they the yellow rubber duckies? In California, the Children's Hospital in Oakland had rubber duck races and you bought one for a dollar and if you won, there were other prizes. They raced hundreds if not thousands of rubber ducks!

Well, time to figure out what to wear to church,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 25th

Post by Becca » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello everyone,
GREAT NEWS Brodee is now on the right antibiotic & is doing better.Its Staph from his pic line.And he & Hadlee Both Love Mamas milk & are going up on the feeding chart.They will have head scans again tomorrow.

We have had calls & company.
Maryz Its 63 yrs,Doesn’t seem possible.Glad the end is near for you both.Prayers for DSIL & for a place for Uncle Ernie.

Jana Sure your wall hanging will be beautiful.

We have leftovers from yesterday. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”