Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 am

Good morning,

I was working in the yard yesterday and found another bees nest in our rock wall. No stings, but I did get the heck out of there! Now we have bee killer on our shopping list for the weekend.

Contractor is coming back this morning to grout the bathroom floor. While he does that, we'll take down our king bed and move it out to the family room then rip up the carpet underneath it. We are starting to feel like he's one of the family! lol!

BECCA - I'll be saying an extra prayer for your twins today. There are so many hurdles for such little babies, but so far they've met them all! God bless their little hearts.

JANA - amazing how things migrate to the kids'. And they are gone forever! We like our vehicles inside, too. We only have the truck and the Camry. Camry goes into the garage and the truck into the shop with the tractor. If they sit out, sap from the trees drips on them. Our car has been out this week as the garage is full of furniture, with only a path for the contractors to go back and forth. The car now has the look and feel of dotted swiss fabric because of maple sap. Ugh. I made pumpkin ravvies once, and they were really tasty and also froze beautifully. I think I'll make some again this fall. Tonite we're having spinach ravvies. For the record, I LOVE the flavor of horseradish . . .but if it's the really hot stuff, I use it sparingly.

TINA - so sorry for Kevin and Maria about Rosie. I've read recently that our fur babies bring us years of joy and one awful day. It about killed us to take our Snickers in, but it was time and we knew it. I still cry over that dog, 6 yrs later. Holding him at the end was the last thing we could do for him. I wish your kids peace as they say goodbye to their best friend.

IRISH - glad you got to hang out with little Emma. There's something about babies that make everything worth while. Love the story about Jim's and Chris's lights shining. I would love to do something like that for Mike and Roy but our cemetery is a flat one. Only flat headstones and anything you put on them gets swept off every Tuesday for mowing. So you are seeing Dr. Hunk in October? are you and your sis getting a 'two-fer'? Sweet of your niece's friend to come be with your sis. I pray for her health, too.

CHICKIE - Irish is right - you are like the Kansas winds - blowing here and there to help everyone else!

Our Scottie has been itching like crazy for a month or so. We find tufts of his long hair all over the house. I've finally remembered that we switched his food - about a month ago. So now we're going back to his original food and see if that helps. Poor dog is miserable. We've been giving him children's liquid Benadryl which helps some. So, Scottie's supper tonite is going to be Natural Balance Ltd. Ingredients Bison and Sweet Potato kibble. I'm sure there's a more expensive brand on the market but, thankfully, Scottie hasn't found it yet.

Us? We're having frozen spinach raviolis. Not even homemade. How about you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 24

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 am

Good morning!

We are awake! The sun just peeked over the mountains and it is nice and cool outside.

Spent most of yesterday in the garage with Michael. Building his new workbench, helping out with the electrical. I watch the tester and yell loudly if it is on or off. The breaker panel is in the basement, so Michael flips the breaker to work on a shutoff circuit. I am upstairs, in the garage. This is a dedicated circuit for the air compressor, that way, it doesn't overload other circuits. Michael took pictures of everything on his pegboard storage, so when there is a empty space, he can go look and know what is missing. At times, he is very methodical, other times, drives me bonkers! LOL!

Hopefully I will see my Batt Cave today. We have Ward Bulletin to finish and a garage that is almost there. Also need a run to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Dinner - up in the air - there are soups, egg rolls, reverse dinner, raviolas and of course, cereal! Who knows what will fall out tonight. We won't be hungry.

Becca - lots of prayers and Happy Anniversary, tomorrow!

Mary - praying you will find Uncle Ernie a good place, not far from you. Yea for grout! And a new toilet! We bought the Outhouse one from Lowes, it is a Kohler. Some of the cheaper brands, like the builder installed have issues! They plug up quite often. So we are replacing those with a Kohler sometime in the near future.

Irish - little babies are so much fun! I don't like to share snuggling! Mine to hold and snuggle!

Tina - Michael and I share doing laundry - he drags my baskets both ways, I wash, dry, fold and iron, then after the baskets are back, put away - good trade off I think!

Need to get going,
Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 am

Good morning!
This weekend is our Duck Races, they had the royalty pageant on Thursday, yesterday the vendors and carnival sat up, today the parade and the duck races begin, it goes through tomorrow evening. I won't be going this year, I still can't get out in the heat or walk very far without getting all shaky. But we are going to the annual BBQ at the Methodist Church that we always go to so I get lunch out!
Mary, our pines trees speckle our vehicles too, it's hard to get off sometimes but I've found Dawn dish soap in a bucket of HOT water does the best.
Jana, it's great to have help :)
Frankie is outside trying to get some of the back yard cleaned before the pond cleaning tomorrow. He's cutting some dead out of our big pine tree that's at the pond. He says that's it's not much use to clean the pond out if he doesn't get the dead needles gone first so they won't fall in it. He thinks we may be losing that tree, bummer because it's huge. The hot winds have done a number on it. We've had over 50 days of 100*+ and the hot wind was like a blow torch for our trees this year, it been bad. We've got 5 more days over the next 7 days that will be at least 100*
Tonight for supper is going to be clean the fridge out. I'm making turkey and dressing tomorrow for everybody and want as much room in the fridge as I can get.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:33 am

Just learned a fun story about Aaron and his accident. My nephew, Scott, was over yesterday. He was walking into his office on Thursday and walked past a officer catching up on his paperwork. Scott walked on by, then turned around and went back to tell the officer thank you and that he gained a whole next level of respect for all that officers do. He then told the officer of Aaron and what happened. I smile as I have known what that boy did and does, and it is nice that the rest of the family sees it now too. Being the youngest, it is hard to lose that description when you have grown up.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 am

Good afternoon from sunny, but slightly cool (to me), SW. Pa.....But, it is a great day for getting my uglies done or at least thought of, lol....

Mary, I understand exactly how you feel/felt about Snickers...My Clancy has been gone now for quite a few years and I still tear up when I think how he used to give me kisses and snuggle down under the covers during the night...In fact, I still sense him there every once in awhile..I love, love my Baby Girl but no one will ever replace Clancy....AND boy was it fun to hold Emma almost thought about offering to watch her if and when April goes back to work...THEN I caught my self, lol...Let me spoil her, little bit at a time...I think I might be getting selfish in my old age, lol....
There have been times when we've had workers here doing jobs and I've often told them I was going to adopt them...AND some of them, I would have....
I have Dr. Hunk's picture on my fridge and just last night, Donna came up and now I have her trying to come up with something so she can see him...She did offer to take me...We do laugh because he looks so darn young but Kevin told me, his wife looks like she's about 14....
I usually keep Ruby in the garage but this week, she's parked in front of the house because Scout has the run of the basement and garage...I think if the car was inside, he'd probably sit by the door and think I was taking him to McDonald's...With his bad hips, it's harder for him to get up into Ruby and I sure can't lift him in, so when I go anywhere I need to bring his goodies home with me....
Terry sent me pictures of graduation and also a great picture of this "MAN" in uniform...I did write back and ask who the man was and what did they do with my Nick....

Jana, love to hear when someone gets recognized for something and he deserves it...Always something happening at your home, isn't there?

Becca, keeping the twins and your family in my prayers....

Need to get back to the uglies...Usually, I start downstairs and then run out of time or energy before I get upstairs...But, today, I started upstairs and I HAVE to do downstairs, no getting around it.....Today is DGS, Dan's birthday so we'll all be meeting for breakfast in the morning...He was so funny, last week, when he brought my gift, Casey, his girl friend, said, check out the paper...He had wrapped it in baby shower paper, not noticing, just thinking it was pretty...Well, going through my paper stash, I have gift wrap from when Jim worked at Papercraft and Dan's gifts will be wrapped in G.I. Joe paper, Baby Smurfs and also E.T....

And for my dinner, tonight it's going to be that burger on the grill..Yesterday, I had a late lunch and then forgot to eat..And beside I didn't have tomatoes BUT, Donna came up with a big bag full so, I'm going to be living it up tonight.....I might even have a Snowball left over to top it off...Like I've said, Life it good!

You all have a great day....

Happy eating..................

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:38 am

Hello everyone,Looks like rain is coming.

Thanks for the prayers for Twins.We haven’t had an update today.Will hear later.And thanks for the Anniversary wishes.Its tomorrow but we ate out today.And we both ate too much & brought half of each one home.They feed you too much in Restaurants.

Maryz You seem to be finding all the bees this year.Sure you are anxious to get finished.

Jana I have always been the goffer here.Sure Ethan was Anxious to cool off after school.

Tina Im So Sorry you aren’t doing good yet.Sure hope it soon subsides.Enjoy your BBQ.Sorry you missed the duck races.Turkey n dressing sounds good.

Irish There’s Nothing like holding a newborn baby.And I love their smell.

We went out ,then went to Furniture Store & ordered 2 new laz- boy recliners.And he was zapped after that.At least we have the chair problem solved.
We ate at a French Restaurant we used to eat at.They Have good food but too bigger portions for us,He had a small steak & I had Eggplant parmazan.
Have a great day. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”