Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:30 am

Good morning!

Our rain and gloom are gone and today starts a streak of 75-80 for us. Our family room floor is done and beautiful. We love it. Our boys go to run across it and keep sliding around! lol! Today they are going to do the entryway and bathroom floor. Next Monday will bring bedroom carpet and rock for the hearth. This weekend we will dismantle our king bed, rip up the last of the carpet, and take all the clothes from our closet. Then go shopping for a new toilet and laundry sink. The end is in sight!

Bill spent the day in Seattle with Uncle Ernie. Ernie is out of it, majorly confused, and doesn't seem to be getting better. Because of this the rehab places he can go to are very limited. They've only found one so far that his insurance will cover - it's about 30 miles north of us. Closer than he is now, at least. Bill went to his house yesterday, cleaned the fridge, took some pictures, talked to neighbors. It's becoming pretty obvious that Ernie won't be going home - at least not for a long time.

I spent much of my day working on a document encapsulating the major Vicki events pulled from the journal I've kept for the past 4 years. When he gets time, Bill will gather up photos and videos and put them on a thumb drive. Slowly lining up our ducks . . Still no word from her kids on an exterminator, but I do know the rats aren't here yet. Our workers left brownies on a plate in our garage. I found them yesterday, un-nibbled. If we had rats they would have been all over those brownies!

TINA - nice to have a supper out, just you and Frankie. Happy pond cleaning. I remember the last time you did that. Has it already been 5 years?? And you have grand-turtles! DGTs! How cool is that! Those are big frogs you have. Our friend, Tex, would eat them! Double ick!

JANA - It sounds like the truck accident is the biggest incident Aaron has encountered so far and by far. I'm sure they are hitting the driver with assault on a police officer, which is a big deal. My words to USP is "Sic 'em!" and yes, you deserved a night out for supper, too!

CHICKIE - You must be meeting yourself coming and going on that road! Whatever did everyone do when you were still living in MO. Who took care of them all - and their furbabies?! If you are happy with your rain then I'm happy for you. I sure enjoyed our rainy 1-1/2 days of it here. I'm almost looking forward to winter!

IRISH - I hope you and Scout found something fun to do yesterday. Though from what you said, he seemed content with his nap. lol! Oh, I would want a picture of your Kevin babysitting, too, if I were you! How is sis doing? Has she gotten out of the house yet? Our friend, Susie, was at the ocean, camping, 2 weeks after her hip replacement. And a wave came and knocked her down! No damage done, but she did stay off the beach after that.

BECCA - what's the word on the babies today? They are almost 3 weeks old. What little champions they are! Looks like NC is getting some stormy weather. We always watch the national weather map because so many of our forum members, and now my DD, are on the Eastern Seaboard.

Supper - I'm not sure. Either burgers on the grill or something in the crockpot. Maybe pork chops with rice and salad . . Mr. B will have some input as soon as he "comes on shift", aka, wakes up. :lol:

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 23rd

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 am

Good morning!

Michael is out in the garage, cutting up cardboard from everything we brought home yesterday. The garbage truck comes today. So we want/need to get rid of it. Many things here in this house, grow legs and migrate to the kids houses. Sometimes, we retrieve them, but others it is just easier to get our own new one. My carpet cleaner was one that migrated, so instead, I gave it to Aaron and got a new one for me. Now all the kids all have their own and the new one will stay put! Same thing with the shop vac. So, while we were out, Michael found the perfect size and features on a workbench table for his chop saw. This one has a easy height adjustment, allowing the table top to align with his table saw. Michael has been fixing all the space in the garage, so that the Solara can be parked in there as well. With snow season approaching, we need to have vehicles off the street for the plows. We only have a two car garage and three vehicles. Sometimes, after the ground is frozen, the truck gets parked behind the fence, in the side yard. We made sure that the gate opening was built to do that. So, the new bench is in pieces parts on the garage floor and all the packing material needs to get in the trash cans, as today is pick up trash day. Then I will be the lovely assistant.

So, the Batt Cave will be lonely for a time. Friday's are a early release time from school for Ethan. That gives us time to sew his quilt. He is here about 2 hours earlier, than the rest of the week.

Well my dinner out went south! We stopped and Michael ran in and got my favorite sandwich. He ordered the right one, but the clerk didn't pay attention and gave him the one they make with horseradish! I hate, detest, can't stand horseradish, so Michael likes it and got my dinner. I had a can of soup. I have no idea about dinner tonight, but am leaning toward raviolas with sauce. Sarah and I are going to spend a day in the near future and make up a ton of my homemade spinach raviolas. We each have a tray gadget that helps make them a dozen at a time. We freeze them raw and take out what we need for a dinner. They freeze wonderfully. The kids all love my raviolas, it's like when I make noodles, they all show up. Sarah is the only one that makes raviolas as well as me.

Well, time to feed us breakfast, Michael has the trash to the curb,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 am

Hello everyone,after a stormy night.We had 21/2 ins of rain.
Maryz Twins need prayers.Yesterday they couldn’t get Brodees pic line in.They Will Try again Friday or Saturday.Hadlee had another echocardiogram.We haven’t heard from that.
Glad you are seeing the end in sight.And Glad the rats haven’t invaded you.

Jana Your place sounds busy.Of course with a big family it always is.We miss having Marty close but glad he is happy again.And levi isn’t coming because he’s with the Twins.I have always said it’s amazing what you inherit from your kids or it walks off one.lol

Irish Hope DS is doing good.And that your day goes well.Stay out of trouble.lol

Got walk in early.Got my flowers all watered & porches Cleaned.Daily job here.Hope to maybe take it slower today.we have chicken pie left.Will add coleslaw.Also have cookies I made.
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning!
Mary, I bet your floors are gorgeous! You do know that we need pics right 😉 I bet that's a lot of organizing and writing to get all the things Vicki had done over the past 4 years.
Jana, my mom loved horseradish, not me, yucky. Sorry your dinner out was ruined. I think Michael needs a workshop ☺
Becca, prayers for the babies. I hope that they get the pic line in with no more problems.
Chickie, I don't know how you do all that you do.
I'm actually doing laundry! Frankie carried a basket down the couple of stairs for me, my balance still isn't great so I appreciate him helping for sure. If we find any baby turtles I'll take pics. Yucky, I wouldn't eat the frogs 😰
Can I ask you all for prayers for our son;Kevin, he's going to try again today to take his doggie to the vet to have her put to sleep. He's been taking her for about 3 weeks or so. She got a tooth infection and he took her and they gave her antibiotics and pain meds and the first few days she was back to her old self but as soon as the pain meds were gone she started going down hill really fast so the vet gave another round of meds but they didn't help so Kevin took her back and the vet says she either had leukemia or another cancer, I can't remember the name. Kevin didn't have the heart to put her to sleep and he was there for hours and just couldn't decide what to do. The vet said Rosie isn't in any pain and gave him pills for her to just make her more comfortable so he took her home, this was last Friday. Well she hasn't eaten anything all this week and they've talked and talked and are going to take her today to put her to sleep. Kevin is a mess, he inherited my soft heart poor guy. He's really struggling with it. Maria said she'll stay with Rosie for him because he really doesn't think he can get through it, which to me is fine, it's horribly hard to do and so heartbreaking. Maria is the one that told Kevin about Rosie when they first started dating and she loves her just as much And Rosie has been Maria's and Matthew's protector when Kevin is away so they have a close bond too. This part of having pets is always the hardest and it really sucks! So if you could send up a little prayer for Kevin, Maria and Rosie I'd really appreciate it.
Our supper is the leftover Ruebens tonight, Dad will be here.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 am

TWINS in Need Of Prayers.Brodee has pneumonia.Hes on antibiotics.Hadlees echocardiogram shows her valve hasn’t changed.Thanks Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:54 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm, but not hot, SW. Pa....It really is a gorgeous day without being humid....

My oh my, there are so many things happening and so many prayers needed....

Becca and Tina, of course the prayers are on their way....

Becca, those babies are fighters and will continue to "give em heck"...

Tina, any fur baby is a family member and one of the hardest things I've ever done was put mine to sleep...But, you really don't want them to suffer...I keep thinking it will be soon time for Terry to think about Scout and it's really going to be hard for him....

Mary, what a good feeling being able to almost see the end...Just a suggestion, if you haven't thought about it, when looking for that new "throne" look at the taller ones...You know, when someone reaches the age of 39, it does make it much more comfortable to use...But, it is funny, after using one for quite awhile, then using a regular one, you almost feel like you're sitting on the floor...But, I do love mine!...I can imagine all the papers and photos you have on Vicki from over the years...But, thank goodness you're the kind of neighbor you are, looking out for her welfare when it seems no one else can be bothered...As I said, I want you as my neighbor when I get old.... And, I feel so bad for Bill's uncle and also Bill...This is tough to go through...And there again what a blessing to have Bill, trying to figure out what's the right thing to do....

Jana, sorry about your dinner out but it will happen and it will be with no horseradish, lol...You really do have lots and lots of stuff going on at your house...I've told you before, love to hear the happenings, but not the accidents...Hope all is well and they really do go after that driver...He doesn't deserve to be driving.....

AND there goes Chickie....She's like that Kansas wind, always in motion.....

WELL, I did get to spend time with my little Emma and what a delight...But, would you believe I didn't get a picture of Kevin holding her but it might be because I had her the whole time I was there...Almost 3 hours of cuddling and it was heaven...She really is a sweetie, has lots of dark hair and the cutest little mouth...Just love her to pieces....
And then on my way home, I stopped to see Jim...I had gotten a solar light and had never seen it at night...Well, it was shining brightly and then when I looked over the hill to where Chris is buried, I could see his lights...Hard to believe, it's been 1 1/2 years for Jim and today it's a year for my DBL...But, gotta tell you a funny...After Chris' DW, Kathy, fixed his grave with the lights, she was talking to the priest who lived next to the cemetery and told him to let her know if Chris' light went out! He just shook his head, lol....

Can't believe it but I have another day off..A good friend of my nieces is suffering from Alpha 1 and there where times when she couldn't stay by herself so my sister had her stay with her..So now, the friend has been trying to stay with my sister and "pay back"...She really has been a blessing even though she's going through a terrible time..She's trying to be put on the list for a double lung transplant and also needs infusions every week but what a gal....So, she's sitting today but I think it won't be long before my DS can handle it by herself...Then she'll have the other knee done and we'll do it all over again, lol...OH, and I finally did meet her doctor the other day and now I can't wait for my appointment in October...WHAT a hunk! I can see why his schedule is filled to the brink....He was in a "beer club" with Kevin and he said, he's a super nice guy (along with being a hunk)....

As for dinner, tonight will be the burger on the grill but would you believe, I don't have any tomatoes???? I do have a bunch of the cherry tomatoes but can you imagine trying to cut up enough to fit on a burger??? Oh well, it will still be good!

You all have a great day.....Didn't mean to go on and on....

Happy eating.............

Return to “Chit Chat”