Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 22n

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 22n

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:52 am

Good morning!

We had a gloriously rainy day yesterday and it's still drippy this morning. I loved the gloom. We even had to turn on lights in the house! We're headed back into warm/dry weather again today which will be nice, too.

Our family room floor is in - for the most part. He has to finish part of a storage closet and put the trim boards back. He concentrated on the laundry room off the family room yesterday so we could get the hot water heater back in. Yay! Today we shower! And we can use the dishwasher, too. The bathroom is getting vinyl tile and he went to prep it, found the floor was wet under the existing linoleum. Seems our toilet was cracked and had been leaking for years and we didn't know it. So now we go buy a new toilet while he has to remove the old floor. The plan HAD been to lay the new tile over the old. It's always something. This will add at least an extra day to the project.

I did some uglies yesterday and then played in my sewing room with my scraps. I'm sort of between projects right now, waiting for fabrics.

We are proceeding with Vicki, but for the moment, it's kind of on hold with all the renovations going on here. We are working to put all our photos and videos on one thumb drive and to type out an encapsulated timeline of major events. We have our detailed 4-yr journal of all that has gone on. But at least one of us has to stay here and Bill has to be ready to head for Seattle for his uncle. But every day something happens to delay uncle's transfer. Now, he can't go to the place we'd originally selected so Social Services is looking for another place that will accept his insurance. We are asking that it be closer to us if possible.

JANA - I'm so relieved Aaron wasn't seriously hurt. That trucker was taking so many incredible risks with so many lives. I was thinking he'd lose his CDL with this accident, but looks like he already had! I wonder if he was self-employed or drove for someone else . . . Was this north side of SLC or south side? Would be funny if we had the same floor!

BECCA - I like the idea of a 'drop-in' shower. Never heard of it, but it's purrfect! Either that or a post-poned shower. Parents have bigger things on their plate right now.

TINA - I love lightening storms - in the distance. Up close, we unplug everything we can even though we have surge protectors. We did lose a TV once, long ago, before Bill's time here. Hope all your stuff survived.

Tonight - those chicken fajitas. We got distracted last night and ended up with frozen pizza and corn on the cob. What's your supper story going to be?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 22n

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:39 am

Good morning!

Mary - uggh, toilet leaks! Glad it is found now and not later by a big crack! Aaron's accident was on the west side of I-80, between 7200 West and 5600 West roads. Heading into SLC from Tooele. The road there is 2 lanes each way. The fire department was on scene for a large fire on the side of the freeway that caused visability problems, just ahead of where Aaron was assigned to close the freeway down. Out toward where the slag piles are from the copper mine smelter plant is. Not too far from the edge of the Great Salt Lake. He spent yesterday over here and is doing well. Most of the time on the phone with people from the state gathering information for reports.

Dinner - out! I need a break! LOL!

My kitchen needs lots of attention, from dinner last night. I did tacos and Ethan begged to stay as well as Aaron and the girls. Tacos are a favorite.

Heading to the Batt Cave after breakfast.

Enjoy,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 am

Good Thursday morning! We have rain, rain and more rain! This has been a crazy year for rain, but we haven’t had to feed hay in summer, and the hay crop this year is abundant. The cows will have winter feed! I thought I made it here yesterday, but I can’t find a post. It was an Ava day, then in to town to Mom-sit from 1:30 to 8:00 last evening while my sister and brother-in-law went shopping and to dinner in Joplin. I had made an apple crisp for DH and one to take to Mom, and she had some for dinner and liked it. Score one for me this time! My brother-in-law will also enjoy it. My sister is on Atkins, so no goodies for her!

Today is Ava and back to town for Mom-bath day. I hope to maybe get in a little sewing time. After all the mending, patching, alterations, I’m ready to go back to my little cow quilt. It is supposed to rain/drizzle all day, so maybe we won’t be going to town to mow at the rentals.

Mary—all projects morph into more and more extensive renovations! Yours is no exception; and I think you are fortunate if it is only a toilet fixture that needs replacing. Hope things get settled with Bill’s uncle.

Jana—sounds like the truck driver had the book thrown at him previously. This time he may get the book to read in jail. I like your idea for dinner!

Becca—I’ve heard of come-and-go showers where people just drop in between certain times. I’m sure everyone is happy to consider mom and the babies with an in-out shower.

DH will be home for brunch in a few, so I need to get it fixed. Dinner tonight—whatever falls out of the fridge. We won’t starve!

Bon appétit!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am

Good morning from an absolutely gorgeous, warm and sunny, SW. Pa...We're not going to be as hot as it's been but it sure Is pleasant...I just talked to my sister and she's given me the day off so, now I'm not sure what I might get into, lol....

Mary, thank goodness you discovered the leak before the new flooring went in..But, as you and others have said, it's always one thing or another and plans never go as scheduled....I'm debating on whether to do the living room or wait until spring and whether to go with wood or carpet..But, probably should wait till spring, who knows, by then I might have found another house and won't have to make that decision, lol....Boy, right now, you really do have a lot on your plate with Vicki and Bill's uncle AND a new potty....But, it will all work out in the end.....

Chickie, I know how you feel about the rain...Our weather people put it in their forecasts every day just because they never know when it might come...I was talking to the neighbor yesterday afternoon and out of the blue, it started to rain and we got a lot...I keep checking my feet for webbing...But, it is good for your pastures....

Jana, No matter how old your "kids" get, it's always a worry...But, thank the good Lord, he wasn't hurt more seriously...I even worry when Terry who is now 54 and old enough to know better, takes his bike out and then sends me pictures of his booboos.Kids! And good that you're getting a night out, I think you really deserve it!

Becca, hope all is Ok in your neck of the woods...What a neat idea for the shower...I like that idea better than a to do....Hope your day is a good one!

Since I'm not going to my sister's, I really do need to do something, maybe...Scout is here but I think he's bored with my cross stitching and would rather nap...I did have a message from Kevin and he might be baby sitting tonight so I'll have to check on him..I need a picture of him and the baby....AND Terry sent me a video of Nick and all the guys marching to the field to meet up with their parents...This is going to be a special weekend for all of them...

As for dinner, Donna brought me a nice big container of stuffed pepper soup and Terry hooked up the tank to the grille so I'm set....Maybe soup for lunch and a burger for dinner...Life is good! Well, it will be if I get out and get a little burger fixings....lol....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating........................

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am

Hello everyone,cloudy & sunny mix here.
Maryz Renovations always turn up the unexpected.Can see why the Vicky project is on hold with all you have going on.

Chickie There you are.We had a lot of rain then it turned off hot & dry.Your days are full with Mom sitting.Great you & DS can alternate.A plus that Mom liked the pie.

Jana We never stop worrying over our kids.Then it’s Grand kids & great grands.It never ends but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Irish There’s nothing like seeing all those Soldiers come marching on the field.I sure remember when Levi did it .That was my first time seeing them like that.
Know Terry will be a grand baby sitter.

Got more uglies finished & some weeds pulled.We have crab grass & it’s a no no.
I like the idea of a drop by shower.Back in the day we had floating showers which was the same way.Takes less time.
I made chicken pie,coleslaw,roasted asparagus.And I made sugar cookies yesterday so CA is happy. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

Good morning!
Mary, glad they found your leak and it's only adding another day.
Jana, yes you do deserve a break, enjoy!
Chickie, yummy Apple crisp! I have peaches, maybe I should make a peach crisp!
Becca, are you ready for Fall and cooler weather? I know I am!
I received a catalog in the mail yesterday from some place I've never heard of but I found all sorts of cool things for Fall and a couple Christmas presents and they had a quilt in there that I want to make! It's nothing fancy, just strips across in beautiful colors! I figured it would be an awesome QAYG project! I'll take a pic and post it.
We ended up eating out last night. Dad had some friends coming through town and their car broke so they asked him to drive them home and they took him out to eat as a thank you so we ate out here. So Friday will be our leftovers night. Tonight I'm thinking either burritos or pork chops.
I'm feeling a little better today! Now just to pace myself. Sunday Kevin, Maria and Matthew are coming so Kevin can help Frankie clean out the pond, it's been 4-5 years since the last clean out. I know I have my 4 adult turtles but Frankie thinks he's seen tiny heads in there too so we have to be extra careful if there's baby turtles in there, they're only the size of quarters when they hatch out and they grow pretty slowly. I'll have to scoop out my 17-20 fish, I have koi and goldfish. We also have at least 5 frogs that are going to have to be relocated because we just found out that they eat baby turtles. The frogs got in somehow during rains. Frankie caught one a couple weeks ago and it's dinner plate size! Crazy!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”