Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, August 21st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, August 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 am

Good morning!

We are having a wet and stormy day. Love it! Tomorrow we'll be back to warm sunny weather but our mornings now have a definite feel of fall to them.

Work continues on our floors. This floor is covering almost 900 square feet, being laid on the diagonal, with lots of nooks and crannies to work around. So it's slow going for them.

Bill's uncle is supposed to be transferred today to rehab so Bill will be off to Seattle at some point. I will hang here with the crew. Bill will drop my machine off for service since he's going through Tacoma and also stop at an LQS to pick up a couple yards of fabric that I need - if they have it.

My physical yesterday was fairly non-eventful. Except she says I'm "pre-diabetic" (though just barely) and I need to tweak my diet a bit. I try to be careful already about sugar, rarely add it to anything, but it does hide in a lot of products. And I can say goodbye to a second glass of wine in the evening. But that's OK. I like flavored sparkling waters, too.

JANA - Thank the good Lord that Aaron is going to be OK. And what a relief - He didn't swear on the radio! :lol: How like him to make sure everyone else is taken care of before he thinks about himself. How is he today? I'm sure you've checked, Mom! I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the semi-driver was high, drunk, or fell asleep. 80 mph?!? He had to be impaired in some way.

CHICKIE - I can't believe you walk so far in such high heat - I would have taken the pick-up and left a note for Keri to come pick up her dress. There is such a thing as heat stroke, you know.

BECCA - more good news on your babies! You made my day!

Thank you all for your excellent advice yesterday. You all made good sense. Bill also did a little investigating and found a resource for assistance in dealing with family, friends, neighbors, in this situation. They can help you get low-cost or free legal advice and legal custody. We shared that, along with everything else with Vicki's kids. They haven't responded yet, but they tend to do a "sibling triage", as they refer to it, and discuss things first. Smart of them. Whatever they decide, we are still moving forward. But probably not this week. Our plate is spilling over at the moment.

Supper tonight is going to be chicken fajitas. Bill will love that! Plus a salad. I'm already hungry!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, August 21st

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am

Good morning!

Mary - good to read of the avenues for the Vicki challenge. I don't have FB, but your flooring sounds similar to what I used in the Batt Cave bathroom. I love it! On point, diagonal, what else would be in a quilter's home!

It is too early to call over to Aaron's yet. His truck has a dashcam and it was running at the time of the accident. All the kids have seen it. Me, I think right now, I will pass on viewing. The speed limit coming into SLC at that point is 75 mph, so the trucker was just a tad over the legal limit. The troopers did cite the trucker at the scene with all they could. Aaron says that it was a "fight" between a semi and his little truck - he won! His truck is damaged, but the front end of that semi is totalled, like a David and Goliath incident. :)

Dinner - something easy, like tacos or a enchilada stack.

So hopefully my day will be a quiet one! Ethan will be here after school and he wants to sew on his quilt for a bit, that is after a snack and a rest. I have tons of snacks up in my snack cupboard. All the grands know which cupboard it is. Gracie heads directly to that cupboard, sometimes before she says Hi!

Enjoy!

Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:28 am

Good morning ☺
Mary, sounds like your day is full already! I love your flooring! Your supper sounds delish!
Jana, I'm with you, don't think I could watch the dashcam for quite awhile.
I didn't get laundry done yesterday so it's on my agenda today.
We had quite the lightening show last night! We did get a little moisture out of it too. We kept losing power and lights kept flickering something awful, when that happens it usually takes out an appliance of some kind, ugh....I haven't found which one yet.
Tonight is the leftover Ruebens, Dad will be here.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:26 am

Aaron just called - he is sore muscles, but that is about it.

Now for the rest of the story ... the trucker had warrants for his arrest for previous violations, he was driving on a suspended CDL, the truck's brakes were not working on the trailer he was pulling, with a large excavator on top, and he tried to flee the scene of this accident, but Aaron prevented that. The District Attorney is now involved in this case. Knowing all the corners this trucker was cutting, we doubt there was insurance either. Well, the DA and state are handling it all.

Aaron is coming over here in a bit. Gracie can play with Ethan and I will feed them tonight. Kate is on duty until 9 pm.

Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 am

Jana, wow! That's is so crazy! They need to lock that driver up! I'm so glad Aaron is ok.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Have everyone, been a busy day here.Left early for hair cut,then hearing aid check,Groceries,Drug Store & Store.Then Made lunch & got Bathrooms Cleaned.After That Baked sugar cookies.Dusting next.

Jana So thankful Aaron is ok.Hope the driver gets the book thrown at him.When we had a wreck the driver had multiple DUIs & had no License.And was drunk at the time.

Maryz installing floors is a mess.Anyway it’s done.And Glad you are pursuing Vicky.She needs care from someone.

Chickie You can have a heat stroke easy.Be careful & drink lots of water.

Tina hope it cools down for you.We are Supposed to very soon.

I thought the baby shower would be postponed but they are having a drop by shower.Glad because they won’t have to be away from babies as long.Sure they will have someone with them.
We have leftovers from our Restaurant we eat at yesterday.So Easy here. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”