Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:16 am

Yay! Today's floor day! Or at least the first day of floor week! Excitement here! It's also chiro day plus, Bill's uncle is slated to move to rehab today so if that happens - it might not as he wasn't doing well on Saturday - Bill will be heading for Seattle to be there when Ernie lands at his new 'digs'.

Good news - I guess. Vicki's kids responded to us! I'm thinking they needed to have a group confab first. They know about the rats and were talking exterminator a few months ago, apparently, but Vicki got enraged and said no way were they killing her rats!! Sad when you've come to the point where your only friends are rats. But now that we brought it up, they say they will get bids from exterminator companies this week. I do hope they follow up and quickly. How fast do rat multiply ??

More good news - I finally finished my queen quilt. It's ready to be quilted, which Bill will do. He has a good pattern - meander with stars - which will reflect the many stars in the quilt. Now I'm cleaning up my room and straightening fabric.

IRISH - congratulations to Nick!! I feel like we all watched him grow up! I know you are very proud of him! Do you know where he'll be stationed now? And what a score for Baby Girl! Her own water fountain! Please don't tell Foxtrot!

JANA - a support group for the family would be a great idea! I wonder if they would go. . . They are even more fried than we are and now just anticipating life without their wildly angry, irrational, crazy mother. I'm not sure they care any more.

BECCA - The twins are having echos today, right? Brain? Cardiac? You've had lots of good news for us lately, so here's hoping for some more!

Our pizza of the last couple of days was good though the first night Bill said he had acid reflux and last night I did. So maybe it wasn't as good as we thought . . . so tonite - I think chicken stew in the crockpot. something I don't have to cook after a busy busy day!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 19

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am

Good morning ☺
Mary, yay happy floor starting week! 🎉🎉
I hope the exterminator gets there quick and gets them all! They multiply as fast as mice as far as I know, yucky!
Becca, prayers for more good news ❤
I didn't make it yesterday, actually I'm not sure the last day I was here LOL. I woke up yesterday feeling better so decided to go with Frankie to Tractor Supply, oops that was a mistake, I just rested the rest of the day. I guess I just need to go slow.
I put a corned beef in the crock pot for supper so it's gonna be grilled Ruebens for supper 😊
I've gotta get hummer food going this morning and kinda just do slow and easy today.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am

Good morning!

Michael is out giving the lawns a much needed haircut. I have laundry going and the counters are staring at me, waiting to be wiped down. But where am I, playing here instead! More fun here! I am all for fun!

Dinner - well, I made a hit last night with a crockpot sweet Korean beef that was over rice. Just what Michael remembered from the little Korean cafe in his office building. He made sure that every last drop of the sauce was saved! We had enough for two more meals, so we carefully packaged up the leftovers and froze them. Whoo hoo, two more days I have have dinner ready! Tonight's will be simple, potato cheese soup and salad. Leftovers will be lunch tomorrow.

Not much here, as soon as my upstairs uglies are done, heading to the Batt Cave.

Mary - so glad everyone is on board to overboard those rats! And today starts the downhill part of the floors! It will be so nice to have it all done! I am dreading to replace the carpet here. It is builder's cheap and will need to be done in the not to far future.

Tina - can I come to your house for dinner - love corned beef! Yes, take it easy!

Well, the lawn mower is now in the back yard - nearly 90 minutes to get the front done. He will probably wait until late this afternoon, when the sun is on the other side of the house. We have a lot of lawn and when it gets long, needs more attention to make it look nice. Mowing, cross cutting and sweeping. Same needed to do in the back. Oh, we have a riding mower, otherwise it would have killed us long ago trying to mow!

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:57 am

Hello everyone,hot here.

Maryz Its a brain scan for both.Little Brodee has a clot .They will check every week.He has 2 wks To go I think before they do surgery.Im Praying for good scans today.They both are having good days and nites.Levi went back to work today.I feel for him.Itsa long drive.
Rats multiply very fast.Glad they are doing something.You will be happy with new floors.

Tina Do Take Rest & go slow.The heat makes it worse I know.I don’t do heat good myself.

Jana I love how a new mowed lawn looks even if it is hard work .

Irish The water fountain must be something.Sure she loves it.Glad the Eagles are doing ok.

Got beds stripped,dressed & laundry done.And I trimmed down close to creek along drive.Small little trees & sprouts.Still have some to do.Just left it laying for cooler day.
Will just lay there anyway.
We have steak n rice leftovers. Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 am

Good afternoon!

Oh, Mary, you are sure busy at your house! I just hope they get rid of the rats FOR GOOD, and don’t send them packing your way! That is a disgusting way to live, and it’s inconceivable that the authorities don’t see it that way. It sounds like elder abuse to let her live that way even if she loves her rats. I could never watch that movie “Willard”. Ugh!!!
Congratulations on another quilt finish! You sure do get a lot accomplished! Good luck with the floors!

Irish—love the idea of an electric water dish! Now, if it just hooked up to the water line and self filled… Birds do love fountains!
How exciting that Nick is graduating from AF basic! My sister went through it in the 60s.
I’ll be thinking of you on your porch! It’s just miserable here to be outside. Glad your sister sounds better! It may be post-op depression left from the anesthesia. Maybe you should take her some Chinese carryout if you can’t get her out to a buffet yet… I saw a recipe somewhere recently for homemade snowballs and thought of you. Beats me now where I saw the recipe.

Jana—thanks for the baby crib sheet info! I have it in my print que now and will be referring to it soon, I’m sure! I have one more cow to make for my quilt, then I’m cutting sashing… I love baby things!!!

Becca—I do hope you get good news from the scans! Those twins are fighters! Don’t work outside in the heat!

Tina—The hooligans and I walked down to take care of Ava. It was way too hot!!! I came back totally wilted. I think the heat index is already well over 100—it’s 92 with 107 index here. The humidity is terrible. I think you need to take it easy! I’ll be there for Reuben’s! DH will stay home; he’s not a fan. I’m filling hummer feeders like crazy. Yesterday I made 24 cups!

I have a new yoga mat on order and just received notice that it shipped. Who knew you could wear out a yoga mat? DS’s girlfriend is coming over in a bit; she has a bridesmaid’s dress for me to alter. I’ve told you that I’m the family mender and alterations lady. Meanwhile, I’ll be in my sewing room with my herd of little cows…

Dinner tonight… we have some leftovers—steak for DH and blackened yummy for me! There is also salad and baked potato.

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”