Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 am

Good morning,

I'm early today! Ding dang dog! The owl put on a concert last night outside our bedroom window so that meant Scottie had to respond in kind. Which meant no one got much sleep. I gave up about 0345 and got up to have coffee with y'all.

And we now have a new Vicki development: rats. I was checking her yard for garbage yesterday while she was out walking (only egg shells which was good for her). I looked in her kitchen window and saw two fairly large RATS scuttling across her kitchen floor!! EEEKK!! Now we've crossed the line over into unacceptable territory! I can't stop shuddering and rats for Bill are like snakes are to most people - they just creep him out! We called our County Healthy Department who say they won't do anything. We called County Code Enforcement with same response. We texted all three of her kids with no response from any of them. We're going to be putting out rat traps on OUR property soon. Under weighted milk crate boxes so Foxy and Scottie can't get to them. We're also going to submitt another report to Adult Protective Services. It will be our 6th report and we expect no action from them either, but maybe one day - with enough reports filed and the 911 incidents coupled with the journal I keep of "all things Vicki", the kids can get legal custody and get her the help we all so desperately need for her to have. There! I feel better. Thanks.

Bill is going to Seattle this morning to visit Ernie. He is doing OK and Cousin Fredd says Ernie knew him this time after waking up from surgery. I am staying home because our contractor is coming by to install a new door from house to garage. And I'm sure there will be some sewing time. ;) I'm working on 6" red stars for a queen sized border. It's a LOT of little geese to trim. Yesterday I dropped off 5 more quilts for our police for their cars. I thought we had 9 cars in our little town, but turns out we have 18. I've donated 14 quilts so far. Plus, once they are used, they are gone. So it's an on-going mission for me.

IRISH - I hope you had such an awesome birthday yesterday that you are still lying in a corner somewhere sleeping it off! lol!

JANA - I'm glad you found a nice restaurant to celebrate your anniversary. And for special occasions like your birthday, anniversary, the ban is lifted! So you can enjoy with no guilt! Michael's dinner sounded pretty tasty! I'm on the lookout for a cast iron skillet. I wanted my mom's pans but my SIL 'disposed' of them someplace. I've never bothered to replace them yet, but would like to.

TINA - how are you feeling? Also, another thing that can cause a person to feel the way you described is dieting. Fad diets are notorious for this. Just in case that's what you're doing . . .
BECCA - Is CA feeling any better? I know he had a rough week. Is he able to be left alone while you do errands? And you know we're thinking of the twins, always.

CHICKIE - what's cookin' at your house this weekend?

Tonite's supper is going to be homemade pepperoni pizza. I wanted to make split pea soup and went to the store and bought everything I needed - except the peas! argh! Sometimes it's hard to be me! What's on your menu for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 17th

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:08 am

Hello everyone,sunny here & a warm one ahead.

Maryz Glad someone else does things like me.I was going to make a banana pudding & Forgot bananas.lol Sure Sorry to hear the Vicky story.I Too would freak out over rats in house especially.Too bad the kids won’t take matters into their own hands.CA isn’t better but guess it’s just as it is.I leave him ,He rest while I’m gone.
I too make bears all the time.They can never have too many.

Our Twins today had a good nite & BWork this morning was good on both,They get chest X-ray today & scans on Monday.They continue to make strides.

Jana Glad you got to celebrate your Anniversary.May you have many more.

I have been busy with Laundry & his oxygen lines.And putting his Med for week in container.
Going to get going on Twins blankets.

We have spaghetti & I’ll make a salad. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Good late afternoon from a very sunny, warm, perfect, SW. Pa....Yep it is a perfect summer day...AND yes, I did survive, (barely) my birthday....It's been a hectic couple of days topped off by dinner at one of the best places and I even followed the rules and had pasta....And Mary, maybe I should have just stayed in the corner, it was tough making it up those stairs to bed....But, you know, I had such a great day, if it wasn't for getting older, I'd have birthdays often..... :D

Mary, Hope you are enjoying your "alone time" today and knowing you, you'll get a lot accomplished....Oh boy, I hate to hear the latest from next door...That really creeps me out also...I can almost tolerate a mouse, almost but not a rat....Also very hard to believe that those agencies won't do anything about it...If it wasn't for really embarrassing the family, you could call the local media...

Jana, a belated Happy Anniversary and many, many more....

Becca, such good news on the little miracles...Wow, they are really fighters, aren't they? And, you and Mary aren't alone in forgetting things...I think I'm president of that club...But, you know what they say, your brain can only handle so much information but I think mine is on vacation most of the time....

So far today, I haven't gotten anything accomplished...Did have one of my lunch gals stop down and we "had" to sit on the porch and gab...I had just seen her yesterday at lunch but there was so much more to talk about, lol...And then neighbor, Donna walked up with a whole box of SnowBalls...Can you imagine a whole box??? And I still have red devils food cake left over from yesterday and bread pudding that I had made.....I'm really going to be on a sugar high before long......

Not sure if I'm going to my sister's tonight or tomorrow night so I need to get hopping....At least push the vacuum around to make it look like I've done something.....
My dinner will probably be left over pasta and of course a few of the goodies for afters.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating.....

Eagle Update: The Ft. Myers eagles, Harriet and her fellow are back at the nest...So exciting!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:19 am

wrong thread

Return to “Chit Chat”