Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 16

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 16

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 am

Good morning,

Well, all the demo that needs to be done before flooring comes on Monday is the hot water heater. That comes out on Sunday. Then it's to the trailer to showers and I'll be heating water on the stove to wash dishes. Going old school here! lol!

Yesterday I got the center of my quilt together - 70x70. Now to make more 6" stars for the borders. I plod along on this project as time permits. We also spent an hour in the woodshed, splitting & stacking. I like doing that chore.

Today is an early morning blood draw in prep for my annual physical next Tuesday. Then we're off to Seattle to visit Uncle Ernie. He had more surgery yesterday for his infected incision. That will probably eat up the day.

IRISH - happy birthday to you - happy birthday to you- happy birrthhdaaay, dear Irish - happy birthday to you! Wishing you a happy day and a terrific year! Have fun at lunch today with your lunch bunch!

TINA - have you had blood work recently? Sometimes when your electrolytes are out of whack you can get tremors. Are the tremors all over or do they seem localized? As for Preston, I'd take him back to the doctor. Maybe there's something in your environment - mold? formaldehyde? Unknown? - that's making you both sick.

CHICKIE - I hope Mom Day went OK. Your cow quilt will be adorable, especially since they live on a dairy! My sailboat baby quilt turned out bigger than I'd planned so I'm calling it a crib quilt instead. It's ready to go, but since they live in confined quarters - on the sailboat - they probably don't want it yet, so for now it's hanging out on a quilt rack in my living room.

JANA - happy anniversary! I hope you find someplace fun to eat tonite. I've used those Bear Creek soup mixes. They are really good. I have the same ones in my pantry right now that you have. My friend, here, Esther, also has a rooster collection on top of her kitchen cabinets. I love them! Glad you can see ALL of yours now!

I'm not sure about supper tonite as we'll be in Seattle this afternoon. We have a little of our Italian pasta casserole left or I might make a pepperoni pizza. I could make the dough before we leave and put it in the fridge. All I have to do when we get home is roll out the dough and assemble the pizza. Easy peasy.

What sounds tasty to you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 16

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:26 am

Hello everyone,Tried posting last nite but wouldn’t work.We are having internet problems.Supposed to be fixed on Monday. Working slowly.

Maryz Do hope Uncle Ernie will recover from second surgery.Infection is hard to deal with.With all your wood stacking,furniture moves,you have really been busy plus you are finishing a quilt too.

Jana HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you & Michael.Sure hope you can find a great place to dine.May you have many more.

Irish HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.Hope it’s a special day for you.With loved ones & friends.

Chickie I’ve missed who’s expecting.Must be one of the DSs.If a cow quilt is coming.So cute I know.Sure it will be loved.Hope Mom is doing as well as possible.My hat is off to you & your DS.

Tina I too feel someone has missed something in your examination.Like Maryz Said Maybe BWork would show what’s going on.Sure hope you can get help soon.Hugs to you & Prayers.

Twins are 2 wks old today.They are thriving on Taylor’s milk.Given thru feeding tubes.Hadlee has an echocardiogram today & both have scans Monday.They are both doing well considering all they have been thru.
I took walk early.got my mowing done yesterday but will trim this morning.Also did Floors.Also got my Mammo,Groceries,& errands.But I have to go back for 1 the Drs Office didn’t call in on time.Will stop atFarm for some fresh tomato’s & corn.
Today we are having steak n Baked potatoe.And salad for me. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 am

Hi everyone! I didn't make it in the morning.
Happy Birthday Irish!
Mary, yep bloodwork was done last Friday. I stopped taking my regular meds yesterday even though the new was supposed to be ok with it all.....I'm feeling better today, I think it wasn't playing well with my normal stuff. I still tire really easy but I don't have the quakes inside which is a huge improvement!
Becca, I love the good news on the babies eating.
I think we have enough leftovers for supper, I hope so anyways.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Good evening!

Home from our little jaunt today. We stopped at a few stores and picked up a few little toys. I am making bread now and since I can't cut straight without a ruler, we bought a jig that holds the loaf with slots for the knife. Now I can cut perfect pieces for the toaster. I also found some toys for Sarah. She loves cast iron and I found a bread loaf pan for her.

We stopped for dinner at the sister resturant of our favorite. Still very nice, but we are partial to the uptown one. Excellent food - Michael had a Pollo Caprese - chicken in a pesto glaze with lots of tomatoes and pasta and cheese. Mine, well it was very yummy banned in a tomato alfredo over fettucini. Same wonderful grilled grape tomatoes as Michael's.

Hope all are doing well, lots of prayers for y'all!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”