Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 am

Good morning,

We are having a terrific streak of weather this week. 75-80 degrees. I took advantage of it yesterday and hung 4 loads of laundry on the lines. Then we got carried away and washed the dog, too, but I didn't hang him on the lines. Poor guy. He HATES baths. Plus to add insult to injury I brushed and combed him within an inch of his life (to hear him tell it). And he needs one more good post-bath brushing, but I haven't caught him yet. He can read my mind and hides if I even THINK about coming at him with a brush. :lol:

We didn't stack wood yesterday. The big tire on the tractor, "Scout", kept losing air so Bill took it to Les Schwab. So we got a day off. Bill took up our entry floor and surprise! I sewed! Today, the W&D and the laundry tub are coming out. I can't wait for Monday when we'll start making forward progress.

CAROL, Glad you enjoyed the game. The ambiance of being there in person can't be beat. And if there's one thing I've learned over the years, the weeds will wait for you. They don't pull themselves! lol!

JANA, you better be careful or you'll wind up being a full-fledged quilting teacher! :) Do you know I don't know a single person in my "real" life that quilts - all my quilty friends are here!

BECCA, I hope you have good news for us today!

TINA, I hope you're feeling better. Do cool packs help on your face? I love the smell of onions in the fields. Chilies would be good, too! I would hate living in your heat, but the smell of those Hatch chili crops would be oh so good.

IRISH, how is Sis doing? and Baby Emma Rose? And you??

I never cooked our chicken last night. Bill had to go pick up our tractor tire and offered to pick up sandwiches at Subway instead. They were SOO good! but tonight - chicken for sure. I think I'll make chicken cacciatore and let it cook in the crockpot. I love that crockpot on busy and/or hot days!

What's cookin' in YOUR pot for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 14th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 am

Good morning!
Mary, I have to hide the brush in my pocket when I go to brush Sammy girl (cat) 😂 she is not a fan but she doesn't shed right and it gets clumped up in her along her back leg sides. My face isn't hurting very much now, kinda weird feeling but it's almost back to normal on the outside, I can still feel my check lower on the inside. I hate the tiredness of it though and the shakes inside that I have, I feel totally useless and see my yards just piling up, I'm being good though and not nagging Frankie to get it done. 😂 I'm sure he's appreciating that. Preston went to the Dr yesterday but they said nothing is wrong with him. He runs a fever, is so pale and his tummy and throat hurt and doesn't want to eat or drink, but there's nothing wrong with him.....ugh.
I want to sew so badly right now! I may see today if I can work on a little project, it's bags for DJ lights for Kevin's BIL, he asked me more than a month ago and I made 1 and finally got with him at Matthew's birthday to make sure of the size so now I want to get the other 7 done and gone! I'm thinking about Secret Santa already too! 😂 I have binding to put on a quilt but I know I'll need help with, it's a queen size. I lost Dad's placemats I started making him, I don't have a clue where I put them even after cleaning my sewing room 😞 I just have all these things I need and want to do and ...... Fingers crossed, hopefully soon! And especially now that it's just me and Preston!
I want temps in the 70's Mary! 😂 Subway sounds yummy! I haven't made plans for supper yet, maybe we could have sandwiches made here, I think we have everything and it would be way simpler for me for sure!
Becca, prayers for the babies.
Frankie brought peaches home yesterday from his nephews trees but those are just going to be eaten, no preserves this year I'm afraid. I still have some from last year that'll get us through.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 am

Good morning!

Sitting here with a muffin and glass of milk. Armed with my flyswatter! The kids left the door open and in those pesky flies came! Uggh!

Aaron was over yesterday with his drone. He spent his work time all day yesterday learning to fly it. So he came here and practiced over my house and neighborhood. That little puppy is fast! At one point, he had it flying at 31 mph. He keeps it in sight range, but it has a range of about 3 miles. It comes back in for landings and does it automatically. A very fun toy. It has a tracking feature, so Aaron set it up to follow Ethan around the yard. Everywhere Ethan went, the drone followed. Kind of spooky! Ethan was giggling, having a blast! His office used a drone in the mudslides we had last week, to make sure no one was trapped or stuck in the mud. It is a great tool for that! Aaron expects to get to use it more and more. Originally, he was to use it in mapping out fatal accident scenes, but it's usefulness is expanding.

Dinner is marinated lamb chops, grilled, with a salad. I will have Cup and Pint tonight. AKA, Lila and Gracie. Since they eat earlier, they get the real mac and cheese. Kate and Aaron are doing some testing at fire station near us.

Ethan will be here sometime today to sew on his quilt.

Well, need to scoot,
Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 am

Hello everyone,cloudy & part sun after. a stormy nite.

Maryz Just got the report in on babies.Both had a good night.Blood gasses were good as well as other BWork.Brodee had chest tube removed.They ask for prayer that he doesn’t need another one.Hadlee had her feeding tube placed by X-ray.They continue to make progress.We are praying Brodee doesn’t have to have surgery.
You have really made a lot of progress with your redo.Lots of work plus your wood cutting too.All my dogs hated a bath.

Jana Those drones are something.Sure Ethan Loved it.Levi has one.Enjoy your babies.Sure the Quilting was a fun time.

Irish Hope DS is healing.Sure Emma Rose is thriving.

Got Bathrooms Cleaned & tried to help CA with trying to fix the router .And got my walk in & did Dust bunny removal.
It’s going to be Sautéed chicken breast,Stamed broccoli,grapes. Becca

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 am

Tina Im Sorry I missed you.Do hope you can get some relief & rest & feel better soon.I don’t know much about that .We were 92 yesterday but today in 80s.Heat is hard to deal with.I too like smelling onions. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm back :) I think Frankie is going to go into town and bring us something for supper. It's 98* at 5:30! I'm wilting, wish I was melting, it would get rid of some of my fat :lol: :lol:
I sewed today! Just 2 1/2" strips but I sewed! I only lasted 30 minutes, but I sewed! :P
I'm starting that quilt I showed you my drawing for Mary :D
Kids went home after eating snacks and drinks :lol: Frankie asks "how come there's so many cups and glasses dirty" now he knows.
Tina
Do I have to change my color of words for each post or just when it's changed it stays till I change it again?

Return to “Chit Chat”