Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 12

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 12

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 am

Good morning,

We are getting a seranade this morning. The little rooster next door is learning to crow and he believes practice makes purrfect. lol! Been a lot of years since I've heard a rooster crow. I'm loving it!

Yesterday I got in a few hours of sewing on my black/white/red quilt for Bill's sister's new house. Then we went outside and split and stacked another half cord of wood. Good thing I enjoy stacking wood 'cuz there's lots left to stack!

Today we're going back to Seattle see Bill's uncle and then meet with his cousin to check out a rehab/senior living place. Uncle Ernie will have to be transferred soon. This will take most of the day. It's a 90-mile round trip, much through construction and through 10 lanes of stop & go traffic. UGH! The cousin, who has all the legal and medical power over Ernie, is moving to Arizona in about 10 weeks. This may complicate things a lot.

TINA - such cute photos and what a great cake! Where was the party for little Matthew? I'd sure have be happy to trade my little sister for that front end loader when I was a kid!

BECCA - sending all kinds of prayers to the twins today for their scans. and for CA, too.

JANA - YES! We want a selfie to see your new hair!! And look who's talking about how fast babies grow up!! lol!

IRISH - how is your sister doing? And little Emma Rose?

We had sirloin burgers last night and they were definitely better than Costco's regular ground beef. Costs more, but we don't eat that much burger, so we will watch for sales. After our trip to Seattle today I won't be cooking tonight unless it's frozen pizza. We'll either be full from lunch (Bill's cousin always wants to meet in restaurants) or stop and get Subway sandwiches to bring home.

What's your supper story going to be?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 12

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:46 am

Good morning ☺
Mary, I love hearing the roosters and peacocks, just not too early. LOL
Matthew's birthday was at their house, they have a really big doublewide on 3 acres of land with a 3 car garage, BLM land and mountains are behind them. Kevin tried planting grass but he just ended up feeding bunnies LOL I think he's going to have to wait and do some kind of solid fence first. He does have a very nice weeping willow in the back yard that he's been nursing back to life plus a bunch of butterfly bushes and iris and some kind of fruit tree, not sure because it wasn't healthy enough this year for fruit. I think he can save them all as long as he trims a little here and there and waters waters waters, so far they're all responding good. He did lose a nice peach tree when they first moved in, they had a windstorm that uprooted it, bummer.
I've got all 3 kids today, Preston isn't feeling good so I asked Holly to get him into the Dr ASAP, I just hope he doesn't get sick to his tummy, not sure I'm able to clean that today....I'm so weak in the knees, shaky and dizzy that maybe the kids are actually watching me today.
We got 5 new baby chicks yesterday, we went to Tractor Supply and they were 50% off so I picked up 5 more pullets. Frankie agreed we needed them 😂 I think he likes his little weed control helpers.
I made veggie beef soup this morning, it'll be ready at lunch, the kids are already wanting it. At least I know what's for lunch, it might be our supper too because I'm not much good right now.
Becca, let us know when the scans are done, prayers all is ok ❤🙏🙏
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 am

Good morning!

Tina - get well quick! Chasing three takes a lot out of you!

Mary - it is very hard to take care of the business end of someone in a assisted living home. I did that for my mom for over 2 years. I traveled to Utah about every three months to check on her and the care she was receiving. Most of those trips we drove, that is how I know all the names of the pebbles on the road from California to Utah! I named them! It is a big job.

My friend will be here any minute and so will be my Ethan. Later after my friend is gone, I am going to make some freezer meals. A lasagna roll up. Sized for just us two and then all I need to do is heat them in the oven. Might save one out for dinner tonight.

Prayers for the twins.

Enjoy,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am

Good morning! Everyone is up and at ‘em early today! I did my floors and yoga practice, and I’m ready for my second cuppa Joe. I gave up on my old Keurig yesterday and installed the new one, and it’s so nice to get a full cup of coffee without the hassle of trying to re-work, clean, adjust, growl and whine. Lots less stress!

I finished my first cow block for the first baby quilt. It’s in greens and tans/browns. There will be nine 12-inch blocks plus sashings and borders. I can’t wait to start the second one! I may get carried away and have a stash on hand. This is the granddaughter that wants a huge family! I’ll need a supply!

Mary—DH cut wood and stacked it yesterday. I think he has a death wish as the heat index during the heat of the day was somewhere around 110! It was still 105 at 7:30 last evening. I do not volunteer to help in this weather!!! I like to think I know enough to come in out of the rain and the heat! It’s so hard to look after elder relatives! Hope you don’t do the orange barrel polka the whole distance today!

Tina—looks like a great time was had by all at the party! He will have fun “landscaping” the yard at his home! Hope you feel better!

Becca—sending good wishes to the twins and to you and CA!

Irish—I do love the name Emma Rose! Emma was my grandma’s name.

Jana—Short hair grows out quickly and you can get by longer without a cut. Dinner always sounds yummy at your house!

I plan to walk dogs, cut the color pieces for all the cows (I cut all the backgrounds yesterday), and generally try to stay cool. Dinner tonight will be leftovers and salads. I have steak, ribs, baked beans, corn… I might have to make DH a dessert, but I’m prepared for the main part of dinner.

Bon appétit!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Tonight we have tickets to the Angels vs Pirates game, so we will be enjoying ballpark fare. Meanwhile I have been on a cleaning frenzy, therefore the house is much cleaner than it was before I started. I have also been sewing. I found a Feathered Star block that measures 20 inches. I decided I would make the All Star Quilt with it. I will need to surround the Feathered Star with something else so the center measures 28 inches. I think I will use one of the stars in the book that measures 4-inches. If I make an inside border of those stars I will get to 28-inches. Always something going on in our lives!

Prayers for those tiny twins!

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello everyone,
Twins scan report will come in the morning.We are all on edge.Thanks so much for the Prayers & love.Levi & Taylor are stressed.Hadlee had a blockage in throat today but is ok.

Read all but too tired to comment.We are out at the new Restaurant & had pizza.Brought half home with us. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Becca, just been checking back today to see if any news, prayers continue ❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”