Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 am

Good morning!

Mr. Dog decided he wanted his breakfast this morning at 0430! And he makes sure that if he doesn't get what he wants, then neither do we. So we're up, still bleary-eyes, and guess who's now happily napping with a full tummy. Sigh. Our animals run our lives. The cat comes into the sewing room, meowing at me insistantly. He wants my chair. He LOVES my chair. He sits and waits until I get up to iron something and he hops up before my hiney is even clear of the seat! The dog barks at us to start the tractor so he can run circles around it and play herd dog. The really sad part is WE OBEY THEM! I guess we deserve what we got.

We're having a quiet weekend here. So nice! I sewed, sewed wrong, un-sewed. Bill quilted half of my sailboat baby quilt. Then we moved outside and I cleaned out the woodshed, not a big job. He started up the splitter and we split and stacked about 1/4 cord of wood. I pulled at least 7 weeds. My kind of work day! Today will be more of the same, probably - sewing, quilting, splitting, stacking, resting.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time talking & texting with my niece in Alaska. Things with my SIL who has Alz came to a head and my niece, who had her mom with her, was at her wit's end. My brother is gone, piloting a wide load from Fairbanks to Alberta. I told her to take Marge to the hospital. Her brother helped her and now I believe there is a plan in place. The doc said she needs constant, long-term care and will stay in the hospital until they find a bed somewhere. They may have to relocate her which I suspect will be Anchorage, which is 400 miles away. (they have two sons who live in Wasilla, about 50 miles from Anchorage). I will find out more later this morning. They've been in contact with my brother and he is hurrying but can't get back home for another couple of days.

CAROL - you really had a varied day, didn't you! I like to cook enough for two meals, too. You can do so much with cooked chicken.

IRISH - congrats on your new little Emma Rose! She is going to be one well-loved baby! Y'all really needed that little bundle of joy. As for our project here - (remember, you asked!) we are redoing the floors of the lower level of our split level house - 1100 square feet. (we did the upper level 5 yrs ago). They will take 3 days to lay vinyl 'boards' in our 16x24 foot family room, laundry room, and hallway; tile the bathroom floor, and redo our hearth and the wall behind the wood stove in rock. Then the next week they are coming back to carpet our 12x24 foot bedroom and walk-in closet. So EVERYTHING has to come out. We knew it was going to be a big hassle (which is why we delayed doing it for 5 years! :lol: ), but we're still a bit surprised at how much work it's been just to get ready for this project. I'm starting to get used to going to the garage for panties . . When the installation is finally finished - about Aug 27 - we have to move everything back in again. I know we'll love it when we're done, but this will be an August to remember.

BECCA - Your family must have a FB page or blog where one person is posting updates on the twins? How are they doing today? And who are the grandparents? Denise & Mark? Marty? I have trouble keeping track . . sorry. I should take better notes! lol!

JANA - as always, lots going on at your house. I hope Joseph's knee isn't hurt too badly. Has he been to the dr? Did I hear something about donuts at your house?? I notice I didn't get any. :cry:

We ended up with pork chops and baked potatoes and a huge salad last night. So tonite, it will probably be the burgers. We usually get our hamburger at Costco, but we're not really liking the flavor of it lately. Not sure what all they are putting in it. So we're trying straight ground sirloin from another store and see if we notice any difference. If not, I guess we'll give up burgers!

Hope your supper is tasty!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 11th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 am

Good morning! My phone and me both ran out of battery last night so I couldn't post any pics from yesterday. I must've been really tired yesterday, well I was but I couldn't believe how long I slept in, till 9:45! I haven't slept till that late since I was a kid! I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour, went to sleep a little after 11, but still I think I slept for more than 9 hours! Crazy!
Mary, sorry about your DSIL, prayers for your family.
Becca, how are the babies.
I'll post a couple pix and then I gotta get ready to go 3 places, grocery shopping at 2, and Tractor Supply. I haven't a clue about supper, maybe chicken.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:33 am

Here's the cute cake!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:35 am

The birthday boy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 am

Some of his cousins, he wouldn't stand with them for his picture LOL

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:38 am

Daddy and Matthew

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:40 am

Opening his presents

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:25 am

Hello everyone,sunny here.

Maryz Marty is the Poppa.Denise & Mark only have Avery.Levi is Marty’s youngest son.
Yes There is a GoFundMe blog That our DGS updates.And we get texts and calls.They are making small improvements.Brodees valve closed on its own.The scans tomorrow is where everyone is praying will be normal.both had a good night.
Wow that’s an early wake up call.
Sorry about your DDILSure hope they can get her in a facility.Prayers for her family

Tina What a Cutie.And beautiful little cousins too.Beautiful cake.Praying for you too for better days.

Irish Congrats on your precious new baby girl.Know it’s a bittersweet time.Beautiful name.Hope DS is doing well.
CA is having another bad day.So soup for him.Salad with grilled chicken for me. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:02 am

Good morning!

Sitt8ng here in the pew at church with a few minutes before we start.

Got my haircut yesterday, curls n8cely, but a tad bit shorter than I am used to. Every9ne who has seen, tells me it is cute. Maybe, a big maybe, I will do a selfie after church. We will see.....

Dinner - if I cook, will be the meatloaf that missed yesterday. I use turkey burger for mine instead of beef. I use the ground turkey, dark meat, rather than the white, which tends to dry out. And good old Lipton onion soup mix!

Not much for me today. May get invaded with grands.

Mary - prayers for your family to help make wise decisions andccarecof SIL. So glad you visited earlier this summer.

Becca - prayer works! It is seen everyday!
Tina - excuse me, but wasn't Matthew just born a few months ago? Not 2 years! What a sweet boy he is! The cake was adorable!

Enjoy!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”