Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 am

Good morning!

Today is my brother, Albert's (and Barb's) 61st wedding anniversary. I need to give them a call later. They've come a long way from that scared young couple who eloped to Idaho when Barb was still a teenager!

Our friends are leaving this morning. We're going to really miss them - and Baby Bea, their puppy. (a black goldendoodle). She has been a lot of fun and grown so much this week. But they have other places to go, other people to see. And for a few days, the work here is done. At least the work he came to help with.

Vicki will be happy to see them go - she turned her sprinkler on their trailer (Bill said when she refused to turn it off or move it, he simply picked it up and tossed it away, deeper into her yard.) She has been chanting, dancing, and arranging her mystical objects (copper bowls, drums, sticks, crystals, rocks, shells, etc) in arrangements meant to ward off toxic energy. Then yesterday she put a sign in her window - "house yard carbon monoxide poisoning 30 yrs). I think she is trying to scare our friends away. There is no poisoning, never has been. And so it goes . . .

Today is chiro and at least a little sewing. There might also be a bit of yard work, a bit of wood splitting/stacking, and a LOT of resting.

TINA - happy birthday to Matthew! Did I hear he now loves Spiderman, too? I wonder where he got that? lol! And the kids' 'dad' is rather a piece of work, isn't he. I thought he had a full-time job working someplace - in a mine? The most surprising thing is that Holly puts up with him.

BECCA - So happy to hear the twins are making forward progress! You say they now have one nurse to care for the two of them? I assume that means that they each had their own nurse at first? If so that is a huge sign of improvement! I'm not only praying for the babies, parents, and medical staff, but also that Levi's employer is understanding and he is getting time to spend with his babies without a hassle from work. The babies need both parents, need to feel their touch and hear their voices. And as for being brave to host a gathering in the middle of our upheaval - not so much. We is what we is and it's a great excuse for the house being messy! lol!

IRISH - I sent a lot of prayers your sister's way for her surgery yesterday. Hoping all went well.

Last night, one of the couples who were here for our taco feed asked us over to their house on Fox Island so we took all the leftovers and gorged ourselves once again! lol! (NOT the couple who suggested WE host everyone a second time.) It was enjoyable and the weather was purrfect to sit out on their deck. We still have a few leftovers, so I guess that will be supper tonite. again. Then whatever is left either goes into the freezer or the garbage. Maybe I will turn it all into tostadas instead of tacos. Not much difference but at least it will SOUND like new food.

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 9th

Post by Irishgram » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 am

Good morning from a semi sunny, pleasant, Sw. Pa...I really have no excuse for being MIA the last couple of days other than running like a crazy person...Surely not accomplishing anything, lol.....

Mary, Just trying to keep up with your posts has me worn out...When you're all down with your flooring and everything is back in place, you'll have the feeling of a new house...I had been wondering what Vicki had been doing during all this excitement...
Your message yesterday meant so much, I really, really do appreciate all the prayers and good wishes...They did a complete knee plus cleaning out all the nasty stuff she's been carrying around but she's a tough gal and I'm sure she'll bounce back quickly...They did a complete knee and also cleaned out all the nasty stuff she's been carrying around...Will be in the hospital another day or so and then therapy at home...The therapist turned out to be a fellow who lives not far from JoAnn's house and passes by twice a day, to and from the hospital..I have a feeling he'll be stopping at the house to check on her...I'm also thinking my next couple of weeks have already been planned for me, lol...
And also have talked to Kevin, he's negotiating with his company about whether he's retiring or working...From what he told me, they are making it very, very nice offer for him to stay...AND the new baby will be here on Monday unless she decides to make an appearance on her own before....

I really have been trying to keep up with everyone...Have been sending lots and lots of prayers for Becca's 2 little miracles and their families...With everything that's been happening in the last week or so, I've found, mentally, I'm more worn out than if I'd have done a full day's work and can't seem to get out of my little rut..BUT, hopefully, things are looking up.....

As for my dinner, just not sure what or where that might be...Will be leaving for the hospital shortly and they do have a cafeteria....
You all have a great day.....

Happy eating...............

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:33 am

Have everyone,sunny here.

I just got update on Twins.Hadlees BPRessure is a little low but they are working on that.They had a good nite which is great.They will be doing scans on them Monday.Please pray they are normal.Thanks.For all your prayers & love.

Maryz They did each have their own nurse.I felt it was a big step.Glad you were invited out.Oh my Vicky.I thought all the commotion would upset her even if it is in your yard.
We haven’t heard on Levi’s work how it will be.He has been off so far.

Irish Glad DS made it thru the surgery good & she has a speedy recovery.You are on the run like always.Thanks for thinking of our little miracle babies.

Tina I always heard love is blind.I believe it.Too bad he is so careless.Does he have a job?Guess Holly keeps everything going.You mentioned your face.Do hope you feel better soon like yesterday.

We stay on alert.Marty said they had a good day yesterday.I hemmed little Brodee quilt.I laid it down when they were born.
Got my walk in & flowers all watered.This week has me worn out & I don’t usually get tired.
Have fresh green beans left.Going to add chicken breast. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:38 am

Good morning ☺
Yep Mary, Easton and Preston shared their love of Spider-Man with Matthew for sure 😄 too funny. Yes Adam works in a mine but he get 3, 4 and 7 days off throughout the month. Nothing at all gets done at the house from him on his days off. Frankie says he's a waste of space and air....Frankie just doesn't have any meanness in him at all but Adam drives him totally crazy at how worthless he is. Frankie has even offered to teach him or show him how to do things, he's not interested at all.
Holly is looking for Book Angels for her class kids through scholastic books, it's $9 to sponsor a child, of any of you are interested please let me know and I'll pm you the info.
Jazmyne is the only one here, not sure if we'll get the boys or not.
I went and had my bloodwork done this morning. Jazmyne just dusted for me, the floors are clean so I started a small project in my sewing room ❤
Irish, so happy your sister came through the surgery good!
Becca, 🙏🙏🙏🙏 how are the babies today?
Dad's coming for supper, Mary talked me in to tacos LOL
Tina

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 am

Good (still) morning! I’ve been AWL for so long, I’m trying to catch up. We haven’t had any crises, just Mom babysitting (Monday and Thursday for bath) and dog walking for the most part. Seems like something always chews up my time here. Wednesday we mowed in town and finished just before the rains came! My bone density exam (Tuesday) came out super, and I no longer need to take my generic Fosamax. Guess all the walking and yoga is paying off and strengthening my bones. My DD and I had a fun afternoon—lunch, Goodwill, Big Lots!, Starbucks, and a relaxing time enjoying our time together.

I finished quilting “the” quilt for Levi’s girlfriend. They are gone this weekend, so I’m going to give it to her Sunday afternoon or Monday. I’m pleased with how it came out—definitely not professional or perfect, but it is FINISHED! Now I can start on BABY things!

Mary—never a dull moment with your company and your neighbor! Sounds like you are having fun, even if you are staying up late, cooking, working on your demolition… whew!!! You will love your “new” digs!!!

Tina—impossible that Matthew is already two! Holly I sick? Did I miss an announcement? Hope it’s nothing serious!

Becca—good news on the babies’ progress! Hope they continue to go forward with their growth!

Irish—hope your sis has a speedy recovery! If she is like all the other “replacements” I know, she will be so happy after the first few weeks. Be sure she does her therapy; I think that’s the secret to success.

Jana—your layered tostadas sound yummy! I think I’ve seen that recipe.

It’s getting time here for the next dog walking. Everyone is gone, so I have Choc all weekend. The hooligans and I walked to let her out this morning. It was 70 degrees and 99% humidity! But, it was cooler than it has been and not raining! I won’t complain. I think we will walk now, and I’ll come back to my sewing room.

Dinner tonight—DH has steak. I’ll figure out something for me. I have zoodles, so I’ll be happy.

Bon appétit!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am

Tina—you posted while I was typing. Hope your blood work comes out great! I can’t believe how Holly stays with you-know-who. I’m sure he’s more trouble than the children! Oh, what are you sewing??? I’ll be along for those tacos!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:05 am

Good morning!

We are quite cool here, so nice! Ethan and I just finished making doughnuts. I must admit, they turned out exceptionally yummy this time! Looked professional too. With nuts on some, sprinkles on others and some just plain.

Ethan is very happy and excited too to stay at his school from last year. School starts in about a week or so. He will walk home each day to our house. One of his friends moved in just across and up the street, so they can walk home together. That makes me less worried as he has a buddy to walk with and not alone. I am a old worry wort, especially in this day and age.

Sarah will be home this afternoon. I am sure they are drenched! They did have tents, but it was a primitive area they were camping in. The camp brought in a port a potty outhouse. Lots of mud that we saw yesterday. After they are home and unpacked, the family is going to play minature golf.

Matt is on his way up to the same area of Sarah's camp to bring home his trailer full of gear from his Ward's girl's camp. Their camp was on the opposite side of the large lake up there from Sarah.

Dinner - I think tacos, heard so much about tacos, will makecsome here. But they may morph into nachos, we will see.

Mary - a few days down time is a good thing!

Irish - good to see you and your sister is doing well. Therapy on that knee is tough, but well worth it!

Becca - I like good reports! These little spirits that come in the world now are the choice spirits left in heaven, just for this time on earth. They are fighters! Lots of prayers!

Tina - cooler weather is coming! It rained here and we dropped over 30 degrees! Even below 60 last night. Hope is on the way!

Well, time to scoot, dishes await, uggh!

Enjoy,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”