Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 am

Good morning!

Almost a week into August already. Wow! It's going fast! Bob & Betsy arrived from Oregon yesterday. We got their trailer parked and set up, visited a bit, and then both Bob & Bill fell asleep for 2 hours! lol! Betsy set up the inside of the trailer (lots of stuff has to be stowed for travel) and I worked a bit in my sewing room experimenting with some ideas I saw on Piinterest. About 4:30 we all gathered again for happy hour and then grilled steaks B&B brought from a meat market near their house. I had my potato salad and there were also green beans. Yum supper! And the cheesecake was tasty if not pretty. This morning the guys are going to move some furniture into the garage and pull up the last of our tile floor and maybe some carpet. But we got a call last night - our tree guy is coming at 0700 this morning to take down 4 big trees in our front woods. Lots going on here! And our cake of activity is frosted with a little 7-week old puppy, "Bea" running around! She's so adorable! A goldendoodle, black as coal. And a really sweet nature.

JANA - your Stu is funny! I remember Pa Ingalls always called Laura "Half-Pint" on Little House on the Prairie. And didn't Stu have a girlfriend a while back? Is she still in his picture? That's great how Aaron's and Kate's jobs intersect occasionally. At least they understand when things go awry - bad days, overtime, etc. I feel honored that I got to meet them both way back when they were newly engaged! And Ethan, too, of course, as a baby in arms.

TINA - I used to have a recipe that might be like your pineapple cream pie but I lost it over the years and this recipe I used the other day was similiar. Did you get in to the doctor yet? Do you think you have a neuralgia?

BECCA - thanks for the update on the twins. Things are sounding pretty hopeful!

Tonite Bob & Betsy have been invited to our other friends', Doyle & Susie's, for supper. We get to go, too, because B&B would never find their house on their own. lol! I've been told the menu will be teriaki chicken. I'm taking a small wheel of Brie cheese and we're going to top it with pepper jelly that Betsy made, and add crackers. And I hear there will be a pound cake trifle for dessert.

Do you have ideas yet for your own supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 6

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning!

Mary - that was quick work of removing ceramic tile. I assume that hardwood is replacing it? Are the tree guys dragging the big logs up toward the house for you to split?

Ethan called early to come over. He wanted Grandma to make him breakfast. He loves scrambled eggs with bacon scrambled in them. I also had chocolate crossiants for him . He loves those too. Tomorrow will be most likely buttermilk scratch pancakes. All my grands love my pancakes. It is a tradition that my mom did with my kids and I now do with my grands, using her recipe.

Sarah got off this morning early. Called to wish Michael Happy Birthday. It is his birthday today. She said her truck was fully loaded - even in the backseat, all the way to the ceiling. She wanted to get to camp before the girls and leaders arrive, to have everything ready. Her dinner tonight is all prepped. They girls bring a sack lunch to eat on the way, so dinner is the first meal tonight.

With it being Michael's birthday, Ethan and I will bake a batch of orange cupcakes to celebrate. Dinner will be out somewhere, something he likes. We will do a family party later, since all the kids are off and busy.

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:15 am

Hello everyone,Part clouds with bit of sun.
TWINS had a critical nite.But today are stable.It made for a sleepless nite.Just Praying they can be healthy and happy babies.
Our other DGS said he checked on one of his little ones last nite(she’s 3 ) & she was praying for her little baby cousins.So sweet.

Maryz Your meal sounds great minus the steak.Nice to have helpful friends.

Jana My Grands & Great Grands Love my waffles.They all want them when they visit.

We had fresh green beans & grilled pork chops.And I made homemade brownies. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
Tonight's dinner is Chicken and Rice Casserole.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi everyone! I'm waiting on prescriptions at Wal-Mart at the moment....I have Bell's palsy.
Becca, prayers for the babies. I know you as have to be so worried. Hugs
Jana, my kids and now grands love my waffles too ❤
I'm not sure what's for supper, I'm very tired.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”