Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 5

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 5

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:06 am

Good morning!

Going to 91* here today - our first (and hopefully ONLY) 90+ day this year. We will be using fans by afternoon, I believe.

Busy weekend here. Yesterday we grocery shopped, got our second shingles shot while there, and I spent the afternoon in the kitchen, making potato salad, cheesecake, washing veggies, forming burgers, and donig dishes. Friends popped over for a late afternoon glass of wine and ended up staying for a impromptu supper of chicken alfredo. (made mostly from leftovers, of course!) I also stripped the bed, washed the sheets and the five quilts I finished for donation. My lines were looking pretty cheerful in the light breeze!

Today friends, Bob & Betsy, from Oregon arrive - about noon, I think. They have their trailer and will be staying with us for 3 nights. Bob says he's coming to help us with our demolition work and and Betsy says she's coming to cook meals. LOL! Such good friends!

BECCA - you know we're all praying for your twins and their parents.

JANA - so? How did church go yesterday? Or more to the point - how did the choristering go? Beautifully, I'm sure!

TINA - Amazing what you did with the little hummer!

CHICKIE - and congrats are due at your house!! In case y'all didn't hear, Pocket Lint became a mama cow over the weekend of a little black bull calf! They grow up fast, don't they.

IRISH - how was your weekend? I thought of you when my friend last night was telling me all the tummy problems she was having, the different dietary restrictions she tried, and finally started taking probiotics. As long as she takes them, no problems! I am praying your difficulties can be solved so simply.

supper tonite is going to be grilled burgers, potato salad, 3-bean salad (from Costco - not homemade. sorry.) and a pineapple cheesecake pie. (I messed up the recipe so it became a 'pie' instead of 'cake'. :lol: )

What's the plan at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 5

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 am

Good morning!

Mary - I am wore out just reading all you have got done this morning! It will be fun having your friends for a few days. When does the floor people show up? I can do scratch cheesecake, but choose to cheat with a Costco one and then fancy it up with different toppings.

The city water department is here. Our water pressure is quite low. So Scott called the city and complained. The whole neighborhood is having this problem. Hopefully the city can get back some of the pressure. So, in order to test, they have shut off the water for us right now. That's OK, no laundry can be done! LOL!

I will have Ethan and the litttle girls in awhile, for a short time.

I did fine with being the chorister. My musical ability is very limited. I can count time, but not tell you what the note is, a A or a C! Sarah laughs at me. I sing totally by ear - hearing the notes for my part in a choir.

Dinner - chicken something with a salad. May even be a salad wrap.

Well, need to police the floor, making it safe for my Lila.

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:41 am

Good morning!
Gosh Mary, you sure have been busy! You should've taken a picture of all those quilts on your line, I bet it was so colorful and beautiful! My uncles favorite pie was pineapple cream, I had never heard of it but had a recipe in an old BC cook book and he said it was THE one! he loved it and so did I, I haven't made it since though, it's a rich pie and I don't need it and I don't think Frankie would eat it.
Jana, have fun with those kiddos :) you have me thinking.....you said chicken and salad then maybe a wrap, I have a Pampered Chef recipe that I was going to do a live demo video on and I want to make the chicken wrap one! I'm not sure it'll be tonight though....I'm trying to get in to my Dr, I'm not feeling too good. My face hurts and feels weird just on the left side.
Dad is supposed to come for supper tonight, guess it's gonna depend how I feel if I cook or not. He's going to get his bloodwork done and make an appointment in El Paso at the new Dr he said, at least he can find out what he says.
Chickie, you new calf is super cute, how fun to be a grandma to baby cows :)
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:00 am

Thought you might get a chuckle out of what Stu calls the little girls and Ethan. They are the cup size, the pint size and the quart size. We are still laughing at those names.

Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,just had boomers & rain,ever afternoon occurrence.

Twins first test today was normal.Havent heard from scan yet.Hadlees BPressure went low last nite but they got it back up.Both were stable mid morning.Thanks for your prayers & love.It will be a long battle but 1 day at a time.

Been hectic here & not much cooking as none is hungry.Will Maybe Do pork chops tomorrow with fresh green beans. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks Becca for the update - they are just on my prayer list! Period!

Talked to Aaron - he was sent out on a call up on Parleys Summit - I-80 - dangerous road for going to fast - well a semi truck did just that coming down the extremely steep hill and rolled the entire rig. Aaron was dispatched to the accident. He gets a call from Kate as he is heading up to the site - she was dispatched to the same call from the station she was working at today. That team couldn't make heads or tails of the location - so she called Aaron for help in finding the accident, not knowing he was heading there too. He answered the phone with just the words of the accident site on the freeway - milepost and exit . When he walked by Kate getting out her gear, he said Hi Sweetie - then went on with his duties. The driver had only minor injuries, so when Kate left, she gave Aaron a quick kiss. Her team of firefighters had no idea that those two are married and started teasing her - she smiled and said that is my husband. Kate works out of two different stations - both in Aaron's territory. I even found on the news, Aaron and his truck at the site of the accident - showed Gracie - she knew her Dad's truck and even found him in the picture. OK - never a dull moment with this family!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”