Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 4

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:54 am

Good morning,

A pretty morning here but definitely a bit of fall feeling in the air. I'm starting to get the urge to do fall cleanup in the yard! But I'm trying to fight it! There's still a lot of spring work to be done! lol! Yesterday We both took the day off - Bill went shooting and I went sewing. Afterward I cleaned the sewing room and mopped floors. Today will be some small chores - polish furniture, clean bathrooms, grocery shop. We also will get our second shingles shots this morning. Oh joy.

TINA - what awesome pictures of the baby hummer in your hand! and amazing that mama lets you do this and keeps hanging around.

IRISH - You and Becca are the ones who wear ME out! I look at plants now in the stores and all I see are back/hip aches. In pretty colors, but aches nevertheless. Your surprise for your sister was clever! MY DDIL cut back drastically on the foods her doctor said to avoid but she still cheated a little bit. And she still felt punk. So the doctor got firm with her and as long as she obeys those restrictions, she does quite well. I was only thinking if you did some trials on your own, just to see what happened. I'm a barefoot person, too. I never wear shoes. My chiro tells me one leg is shorter than the other and I might have to start wearing a lift. I was thinking - where?? Tape it to my foot? lol!

JANA - sorry about the post. I think they still have a few bugs to work out in this new format.

BECCA - you know we're all praying for your babies. Thanks so much for the update yesterday. Do they have names? Nice to attach names to prayers. Do you know their gestational age? They are a good-sized weight which is a good sign.

CHICKIE - I know you've been busy with Mom the last few days an also trying to get that quilt finished for your friends, but I hope you're eating!

Last night's supper ended up being Panko breaded chix cutlets with white sauce, salad, and peas. Tonight - similar menu as we have leftovers. Our friends, Bob & Betsy, will arrive tomorrow around noon. Bob is bringing tools and plans to help Bill with the carpet, tile, and moving heavy stuff. Betsy said she is bringing lots of food! We never asked for help, but that's Bob & Betsy - when there's something to be done they just show up, even from 400 miles away. So we will grill burgers tomorrow night and add potato salad, 3-bean salad, and cheesecake. Telling you now just in case the day gets busy and I don't get back here.

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Aug 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 am

In trying to make my opening post 'stick' to the top, I accidentally locked you all out! So sorry! Thanks, Becca, for e-mailing me about it. I hope I've fixed it now and I'll try to never do THAT again!

And just in case Becca can't get back here today, here is her update on the twins:
Their names are Brodee Daniel & Hadlee Maple
They are 23 weeks and 6 days. Booth ar miracle babies with all they've been through and Mom,too. Levi and Taylor are pretty stressed and appreciating all prayers and concern.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:59 am

Good morning!

Thanks Mary for unlicking us and the update! Many prayers for those babies and family and our Tina too.

Got the dreaded call on a Sunday morning before church. My chorister is not able to be there because of a emergency with his mom. So, with very little practice, I need to step in and conduct. Thank goodness I have a fabulous organist and I know the hymns we are singing.

Just looked at the time - ned to finish getting dressed - standing up there in my slip would be a tad bit embarassung! LOL

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi all!
Our little hummer is totally recovered and flew away this morning, I watched him till I couldn't see him anymore, so he was strong and happy to be out and about! I'm so glad that we were able to help him. I bet not many get the opportunity to hold and take care of a tiny baby hummer ❤ I'm in awe of it all.
Thank you Jana ❤
Becca, prayers being said for those sweet little babies. Love the names ❤
Mary, thanks for the pointers on pming, hopefully they'll work for me.
Oh goodness, I just realized that I have to fix supper! Well I have no idea! I have 3 hours till that time!
My blinks are getting longer and longer, think I'll take a tiny nap and then decide.

Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”