Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 3

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 3

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 am

Good morning,

First of all, BECCA - I'm so sorry to read that the twins were so eager to make your acquaintance. Please know that our whole forum is praying for them and their parents. Not to mention your whole family and the medical staff caring for them. Are they in Charlotte or is there a NICU closer to home? God bless them.

Yesterday I got everything on my list completed! Whew! I even lined my dresser drawers and got all the laundry done and put away. I had time to make two blocks for the August lotto and then to sit and relax for an hour before Bill came home. He was gone to meet his cousin to discuss Uncle Ernie. Cousin Fredd asked hospital for Ernie's wallet and keys to his house. Hospital said they'd already given them to a person no one in the family knows! Ernie is a lonely old guy and he had one younger girlfriend before whose brother ended up robbing him. So hearing that his keys and wallet were given to a woman was concerning. Cousin finally met this woman last night and got the keys but he forgot to get the wallet. I suggested he have the locks re-keyed immediately and to notify the police that his house will be empty for two months at least and would they do some drivebys. And that he get that wallet back! She may be a nice person. But we don't know. We are hoping today Ernie will return to his normal self. He has been agitated, non-cooperative, and even combatant but it can take up t 72 hours for anesthesia to leave your system and I have seen this kind of behavior before in normally sweet, compliant patients after surgery. In fact, while working a med/surg floor I was once attacked by a normally sweet, elderly man recovering from surgery who suddenly thought I was the Russian Army. Next day he was fine and had no memory of the event.

Today Bill is going to Silverdale, 30 miles north, for a shooting practice event. Nice for him to just take a day for himself. It would be like me going to a quilt show. And since I was good yesterday and got all my chores done, I can sew while he is gone!

JANA - your Sarah is one busy lady but I bet she is healthy, has a great outlook on life! Yes, Seattle traffic is terrible and gets worse every year. The geography of the region doesn't allow much room for more than only one freeway spur - I-405 - which goes north through Bellevue on the east side of Lake Washington. And there is ALWAYS construction! Everywhere! Sounds like that apron pattern was a nightmare. Sometimes it's better to just look at the pictures and forget the pattern!

IRISH - Bummer to have to deal with those foot problems. Shoes must be uncomfortable for you. And not a grand opening!! That would require a get well card and a stamp and everything! Not to mention what you might be going through! Seriously, I hope things get better soon. Have you tried simply eliminating dairy for a week, or wheat, or ?? My DDIL, Emily, finally figured out (with her doctor's help) that she can't eat eggs, soy, wheat, or walnuts. If she does - bad tummy! Your sister's birthday sounds like such fun. Not sure how you were able to sneak cupcakes to Bingo if you were with her, but good to know just how sneaky you can be! Happy Birthday to her!

TINA - saying prayers for your dad. You never know - those meds just MIGHT be covered. Never hurts to ask and then it never hurts to make an appeal.

I thawed chicken yesterday but after a big lunch out with his cousin Bill didn't want supper so I made myself two poached eggs. So today I'm going to make Panko breaded chicken cutlets with gravy. And salad.

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Aug 3

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:30 am

Good morning from a super, sunny, warm, SW. Pa....We're having a gorgeous summer day and hopefully, no rain....We've had super boomers every evening and poor Baby Girl, who nothing bothered, has now taken to hiding on the steps going to the basement...I guess Mother Nature is still celebrating the 4th of July....

Becca, I too am so sorry to hear about the twins arriving so early...BUT, knowing so many are sending prayers and good wishes has to bring good news...I even had a dream about them last night and it was a good one.....

Mary, you even have a productive day when you have a "down" day, lol...I have never been one to wear shoes, always in my bare feet unless I'm going somewhere and then it's a struggle...Of course when I worked, then wore the heels and ended up with bunion surgery, lol...But, I really can't complain, well, I do complain, I wear a 5 1/2 shoe and have a terrible time finding that size, lol....With the tummy, I never drink milk, but do love cheese, eggs and most dairy products but we'll see..And we're sure going to try to avoid the "grand opening"..I look like a road map already, don't need more...I just think it's funny how the body changes after you get to be 39......
As far as sneaking the goodies into bingo, I thought I did a pretty good job...Knowing we were going to lunch and it was really hot, I put the cupcakes in foil trays on top of ice cubes in another big foil container and covered it with foil...Kept it in the back of my car and when we got there, another gal started talking to her and I slipped in another door....We really did have a good time.....

Today is going to be extra busy....Laundry is on the line, bed will need "dressed", living room is in the process of hanging the summer drapes and then I need to plant some plants that had jumped into my cart while I was at Home Depot...I went looking for a small shed and came home with a car full of plants...Oh well, it will keep me off the streets for awhile.....

For my dinner, really haven't a clue...It's still early, maybe I'll get an offer......

You all have a great day..........

Happy eating............

Please dear Jesus, watch over the babies and their parents......

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:18 am

Update on our little fighters.Both are stable as of now.The boy had to have BTransfusion last nite.Baby girl is stronger.They weigh 1.8 Boy.1.6 Girl.Its been so many calls texts, keeping everyone informed.Taylor is doing good for all the trauma she went thru.Thanks for your prayers.Thoughts,love & concern.They are very appreciative of how people have responded.

Maryz I hate this not being able to see others post.I forgot what question you asked. Becca

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:18 am

Maryz They are in Asheville.Its 1hr 15 mins from here. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 am

Had a nice post, missed the submit twice - lost it , so many prayers for those precious bundles!

Sarah is here -

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:29 am

Prayers for those babies Becca ❤

Mary, you exhaust me with all you do! Please take a day off so I can rest would ya? 😂

We have been humid and 100*, I think I'm gonna croak!
We've had some excitement! Last night Frankie rescued a little, maybe baby hummingbird out of the skimmer on our pond. This morning we had a very big, very fat, old rattlesnake in our front yard. Thankfully it looks like non of the fur kids were bitten. It's a good snake now.....DEAD!
I've got chicken laid out thawing for supper, I think I'll make chicken tenders and potatoes and green beans for supper.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gershwin64 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:31 am

Still wet but not soaking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 am

He made it through the night

Return to “Chit Chat”