Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 1

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 1

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:02 am

Good morning,

Boy, did we get a lot done yesterday. I have to admit, I spent most of the day in the bedroom and the closet. So far, just from our bedroom (mostly my side of the closet) I have 7 bags going to the Goodwill or to my neighbor across the road. She and her adult twin daughters seem to love anything I no longer want. So they got four bags total (so far) and 3 bags are in the car for the Goodwill. I have to drop them off before I break down and change my mind about some things. We also ripped up 10x18' of carpet an pad - that's half the family room.

We invited a couple over for a happy hour visit at 3pm yesterday. They were 1/2 hour late and then stayed until 9:30. I was so tired after after the morning we had I thought I was going to nod off about 7pm. We expected they'd leave after 2 hours. and of course, after I went to bed, I couldn't sleep!

This morning we are off to shop for a new man door going from family room into garage. It needs to go in before the floor is laid. So we had a contractor come check out the 'job' and he joined our little happy hour last evening for a little while. Turns out he was in my DD's high school class of 1990. The world is small. Bill says he doesn't want to mess with a door with everything else he has to do right now so we are just going to have a pro do it. Then after door shopping I have an appointment at 11. Then, we got a phone call last night that Bill's 83 yr old uncle is in the hospital in Seattle with a hip replacement. We hadn't known he even needed surgery. Since Bill and his sister and their single cousin (son of another uncle) are all the family Uncle Ernie has, we are going to go to Seattle after my appointment. Bill's sister MAY go with us but her DD is scheduled for a C-section tomorrow and went to hospital at 0300 this morning with contractions so her day is up in the air right now.

CHICKIE - I hope we get to see a photo of the quilt you are working on. Are you looking over baby patterns yet? I've been meaning to ask how Doyle is doing since his surgery. I know it worked well for you! You lost quite a bit of weight! lol!

JANA - I LOVED Black Angus! But most of ours have closed down now. But YUM! And you guessed it - we'll be moving into the guest cottage soon.

BECCA - I think you and Irish work harder than all the rest of us together! You must have been exhausted by end of business yesterday. I do admit, you have such a pretty place, I'd hate the thought of leaving it, too. But you work hard to keep it up.

CAROL - that is such good news about the quilt show! I'm so happy for all you SOCAL folks! The Seattle show moved to Tacoma in 2010 and after a few years there it just went *POOF!*. I miss it.

Supper tonite was going to be pork chops on the grill, but since we're going to Seattle now I don't know. We'll probably pull an Irish and let Bluebell (our 15 yr old Camry) turn in somewhere that looks tasty.

And do you have a tasty idea for tonite?

FarmChick

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 1

Post by FarmChick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:25 am

Good morning! I’m about ready to take off with the Hooligans to go walk Ava. We had big thunderstorms most of the night and earlier this morning. I was trying to do my yoga practice, and the storm kept making the power flash which shut down my TV and recorder. But, I was dedicated and made it through. We needed the rain, so all is good, and it is the week of my DD’s birthday, so true to form… rain! She was born in a thunderstorm.

Mary—you had a very late evening! I’ll be taking pictures of the quilt, for sure. I didn’t get much accomplished on it yesterday. As I was walking Ava, my sister texted and wanted me in town early to stay with Mom so they could go to lunch and shopping before we did bath time. So, off I ran wearing my I-never-go-to-town-looking-like-this outfit consisting of shorts and “hat hair”. Oh well.

I haven’t had time to look at baby quilt patterns yet, but I’ve been mulling over what’s in my stash. I have a yard of farm fabric and wonder if it will go with my milk bottle fabrics, since they are a dairy farm.

DH has been keeping his weight down. He plateaued and can’t seem to get it losing again. Unfortunately I gained back 7 pounds, and I’m having a terrible time getting rid of it! Diet and exercise don’t seem to be working this summer. But, I am determined!!!

Carol—good news about the quilt show! They are so much fun! I go to a guild show over labor day weekend where my DD lives. Oh… I might find more baby fabrics there at the vendors… uh, oh!!!

Dinner tonight… not sure. We may find another Chinese take out after DH’s appointment. This one is with a podiatrist. He’s probably going to be having bunion surgery soon. It’s always something when you get to be a certain age… We are off to go walk Ava…

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, August 1

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:05 am

Good morning!

Waiting for Sarah to come over. As per usual, I am helping her finish up a project. She is leaving for girls camp - church program for the girls, aged 12 - 17, as the cook for the week. She needs a couple of aprons. She only has to feed about 35 people, three meals a day for 4 days. Yesterday she did her big shopping run and will prep all her meals here at home. At the camp, she has a small kitchen to work with. Piece of cake with that many people, when I went to camp as a cook, we had 250 people for 7 days! I had 5 other cooks too, but everyone will pitch in to help. Sarah looks at all those people as not much more than a family dinner around here. LOL!

Dinner here will be a chicken something.

Mary - when are you not that busy! Hope that you can show Bill's uncle the advantages of help. Many assisted living homes are much like a fancy apartment.

Chickie - oh, the fabric choices! The quilt will be great! No pun intended! LOL!

Well, need to head to my Batt Cave,
Enjoy,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”