Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 31

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 31

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 am

Well, this just about wraps up July! August, here we come!

Yesterday Bill and I moved a lot more stuff to the shop. Today - Even more. WE NEED LESS STUFF! I think we'll start ripping up carpeting soon. We can shift the biggest of the furniture in our large family room but our bedroom will have to be completely emptied next week, along with the vanity and toilet in our master bath. They tell us our 400# clawfoot tub can remain and just be shifted side to side so we won't have to move it too far. Whew!

We took our trailer to Tacoma for alignment and then met DB Albert for lunch. He brought his wife, Barb. She looks almost as frail as my Alaskan SIL and we were surprised that he was able to get her out of the house. She rarely leaves home. They are 80 and 83 yrs old. He's still pretty active and vibrant and takes care of her.

Today will be more of our house project (might start ripping up carpet soon!) but we'll be knocking off early. Friends coming at 3pm for a happy hour glass (or 2 ;) ) of wine and snacks.

IRISH - Can't believe you get all that pressure washing done. I can't even get our pressure washer out of the shop! But Bill's not big on Bill doing it either! Maybe we should hire you! lol! Kathy has a good idea - sell it all and move around amongst your kids. Your kids are probably different, but I don't think MY kids would like that idea very much! And Bill and I both agree we will always want a home base. and it has to be big enough for all my fabric and the long arm! If/when the time is right for you to move, I think you'll simply know it. And what's going on with your foot?

CHICKIE - you're right! I don't want to know! You are going to make me have to come back there and shake my finger at you! My sister is in Kansas right now, starting out on a 3-week trip through heartland. I see you are holding your baby sewing as your carrot! A sweet reward for getting everything else done! Have you decided what you want it to be yet?

JANA - oooh, that would be so nice for Ethan (and Sarah!) to be able to get on the bus right at his house. Is the school he would be going to a good one? For now, I don't like my stairs, but I do like what they do for me. But if I were building or buying now, NO STAIRS! Fortunately there are no steps at all to get into our lower level so my parents could visit me in their later years and also our friend, Warren, who was in a wheelchair his last 5 years.

BECCA - if it's time to consider a chair life, perhaps it's time to give consideration to what your kids and grands are saying . . . . So sounds like we are having a supper rebellion in our ranks - you and Chickie both??

CAROL - I think I like the ambience at a baseball game more than the game itself. It's fun - but those seats can get hard after 9 innings - let alone 16! Nice to have a supper in the freezer ready to just pull out and pop into the oven.

I think our supper will be those chicken salad sandwiches I mentioned before. I'll also put out some olives, a few veggies, mixed nuts, and maybe pickles. Not everything goes so well with wine but it will make a nice little spread and can count as an early supper. I guess tomorrow I'll have to actually make a real supper of some kind.

What's your little spread going to be tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 31

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

Good morning!

Very cloudy here, so that means our temps will be lower. That is a good thing!

You will find me in the Batt Cave. Ethan will probably be there too. Haven't heard from him yet.

Aaron has started his drone flying training. Seems to be loving it, even though there are so many rules and regulations. Much of his duty territory is in and on the glide paths for the Salt Lake Airrport, so he has to follow the FAA regulations to the letter.

Michael is checking out prices on the driveway repair. The number is quite high, more than he thought, so he will check out other prices. Also needs to get info from the city on the secondary water connection, so we can make sure the pipe goes under before the concrete goes down. Secondary water is recycled water for irrigation, not for drinking. There are two separate pipes for water delivery and you must make sure not to cross contaminate them.

Mary - only two books gone? LOL! I assume that you wil be staying in your guest quarters while your bedroom is in pieces.

Dinner - grilled chicken and unhealthy fried zucchini - a resturant we loved in California, Black Angus made these yummy fried zucchini with a cucumber dill dipping sauce. I have the recipe for both, so will make them here at home.

Enjoy!

Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 am

Good morning! I made some headway on quilting the quilt yesterday. I won’t get much accomplished for a few days—Mom bath and DH’s doc appointments take care of most of today through Friday, then Saturday is my “in town” day as well. I’m going to be glad when I can take more pins out of this quilt; it seems like it weighs a ton as I shift it around.

Mary—I don’t care what the baby is. I love girlie sewing, and boy sewing as well. It’s all fun! I’m sure we will have more of both eventually. I think I have enough of both styles of fabrics in my stash to last through the next generation! And, of course, I’ll find more fabrics I must have!

Irish—Our cabin by our pond is our little house. Since I designed it, my sewing room is about the biggest room with the best windows. LOL! It’s large enough for the two of us.

Jana--we were in the 70s this morning but going for the 90s soon. I thought of you and Michael when I read the Sunday comics. In “For Better or Worse” they were building a model railroad. Did you happen to see it? It was perfect for you two! All drone users should follow the FAA guidelines, but I’m betting few have any idea of what they are. Oh, fried zucchini!!! YUM!!! I think that was the first way I ever ate zucchini.

Today I’m going in to do Mom’s bath after I return from walking Ava. I have a feeling I’ll be in need of my own shower when I return and before I go to town. Dinner tonight—more of last night’s feast. I can’t help that it was a large package and enough for two nights when I thawed it. I have broccoli, salad, zoodles… We won’t starve. I’m thinking I’ll be having mine in a wrap.

Bon appétit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:11 am

Hello everyone,sunny here.Been busy ,first town trip for groceries,Dollar General,Library.Then Home to make lunch & put it all away.After lunch mowed yard.The uglies.bathrooms ,Floors & dust bunnies.Now break time.Then go water flowers.

Maryz I don’t envy you at all with that packing up.And you wrote you are having guests.Wowsie.Weeding Out is great.We have a load in our car for tomorrow when DH has his Dr appt.Then when we get home our niece will be here.And we know it’s time to move but DH doesn’t want to yet.His Drs Area big problem bec Of His Pain.CoPD & other Dr Prostate.So it’s here we stay for now.

Chickie I Too love baby clothes & quilts.Oh you have hada busy time this Summer.Hope you
have some me time.

Irish You are probably still out with the pressure washer.lol

I’m making chicken breast short cuts with baked beans. I found CA lots of goodies so he’s happy.I even saw snowballs Irish.Chocolate with a white icing or filling inside.

Jana Drives are expensive.I can vouch for that but everything is now.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm

I just got an e-Mail that Quilt Festival is returning to Long Beach, CA. Lori was just mentioning how much she missed it, as we all have missed it!!!

Dinner tonight will be Parmesan Chicken.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”