Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 30

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:09 am

Good morning,

Well, yesterday was a hodge-podge of different things -chiro, Costco, binding 2 quilts, purging my closet, packing boxes, moving furniture, laundry, cleaning dresser drawers, and more! I knocked off at 3:30 and went out on the deck and sat in the swing with Foxy, a cold drink, and a new quilt magazine. aaahhhhh.....This morning will be more closet/dresser cleaning, and more moving stuff out to our shop. This afternoon we have to hitch up the fifth-wheel and haul it into Tacoma for an alignment. I will follow in the car. While there my brother, Albert will come to town to meet us for lunch at Denny's. I haven't seen him for about 4 months so it will be nice to catch up.

BECCA - I was only 35 yrs old when I bought this split level house and loved the stairs then. Now, at 68, I'm not so in love with them! I'm counting them as passive exercise for now, but some days I kind of wish that big tree hanging over our house would fall (while we're gone, of course!) and demolish it so badly that we'd rebuild and we could have just one story. You are set for the shower! Best Great-Gramma there! Have you finished the second baby quilt yet? What day is the shower? I will attend in my mind.

JANA - I remember Fred & Ethyl! lol! Your free dumpster for your cul de sac is such a great perk! Not here! We'll be making several trips to the dump in our pick-up when we start ripping up our old carpet, probably the weekend. And way to 'employ' Ethan to work for you! Bribes! I wish we had someone bribe-able here. It's just me and old Mr. Bill.

IRISH - I'd love to come help you sit on your porch! lol! Got your sis's knee replacement on my calendar so I will remember to think about her that day. She'll have a great nurse! We've had a lot of friends who have had joint replacements (mostly knees) and do very well. Did you get any pressure washing down yesterday? That's a BIG job! In my book, anyway.

TINA - Nice of God to step in and help with the watering. A medium baked potato is only 90 calories and is loaded with Vit C. I say treat yourself to a pat of butter and go for it!

CAROL - we get that pre-seasoned chicken at Costco a lot and put it on the grill. It is really tasty and doesn't dry out. We usually split one. I would enjoy watching at least an occasional baseball game (Mariners, of course) but Bill isn't a BB fan so I don't press the issue. But we do watch all the Seahawk football games. And our first pre-season game is in just 9 days! We'll have to DVR it though as we'll have out of state overnight company here and they don't like FB.

I haven't thought about supper yet. Since we're going to a 1pm lunch, we will probably just have chips/salsa or cereal. Or eggs. Bill is really easy to feed. He'd be happy with a PB&J.

What's going to make you happy in your tummy tonite?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 30

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 am

Good morning from a warm, but overcast (sometimes) SW. Pa....Just not sure what Mother Nature has in store for us today...

Mary, you certainly don't have a lack of things to do, do you? I had to laugh or maybe just a smile about that tree falling down....My dream is to get into a "all on one floor" house and would probably settle for a "little bigger" than a tiny home, lol....It's just Baby Girl and me and we sure don't need much space and for sure no steps....When we were 1st married and moved into the "big house", it was on a hill, of course, and had probably about 20 steps from the street up to the house...I never really used the steps, always went through the yard to Jim's Mom's house, next door...But, then the house it's self was 3 stories plus a basement so we had steps, steps and more steps..When I say, big house, it was....We had 13 rooms plus 2 bathrooms and a huge basement..But, when you have 5 kids, it was purrfect! When we moved into Jim's Mom's house next door, it only had 5 rooms but we still had that 2nd floor and steps to the basement...So now, the joints are ready for 1 floor...Still dreaming about that little double wide in Ft. Myers, lol....Kathy keeps saying to sell this house and then travel, stay with each of the kids for awhile and then move on to the next but I think everyone needs a base.....
And, yes I did do some more power washing and yes I did get soaked....Along with the house, I've been doing all the cement, walks and patio and boy what a difference...But by the time I get it all done, it will be time to start over again...

Not able to stay and chat...I have quite a few errands to get done today plus an appointment with the foot doctor....
And for dinner, this might be the night for pizza...I'm thinking Ruby might just stop and pick one up on our way home.....

You all have a great day.....

Happy eating..............

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 am

Good morning! Here I am for a quick in and out…

Carol—love the long game! I always liked getting double headers and extra innings for a full money’s worth at the ball park! That was pretty late, I will admit.

Mary—good luck with the carpet pulling. UGH! My aunt always said her stairs kept her young and fit. She’s 85 now and has had some health issues, but she still has her stairs!

Irish—I’ll help you hold that porch down, too! Best wishes to your sister! My friend has had both knees replaced, and our track coach had both hips replaced. He walked the golf course and rode his bike with the track team for exercise after replacements! My sister had her hip done last year and wished she had done it sooner! Know your sis will do super!

Tina—love Jazmyn and her cake! She’s so grown up now!!!

Becca—I got the quilt sandwiched yesterday and plan to start quilting today, then I can start on baby things! I’m so excited!!!

Jana—our summer temperatures will be arriving. August and September can be horrible here! And, all that rain we had earlier… we wish we had some of it now! It would be nice to stretch it out a bit.

Dinner tonight—Mary doesn’t want to know. There will be salad and veggies alongside. Also have an apple pie for dessert.

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 am

Good morning!

My house in California was a single story, no basement and just one step in from the porch. Not really a porch, too small to sit on. Lived there for 37 years, then, got my single story here, but with 4 steps in and a basement with stairs! We have planned and set aside money for a chair lift on the stairs. The staircase is quite wide, so there is room. I have a landing where the stairs change direction that we think we will split the lift - turn it into two short separate ones, but we will see when that time comes. So far, I can still do the stairs, albeit, slow!

We got Ethan's fabric yesterday. He had to make a change. The panel he wanted was only in the store in a cream background, not the black and white he saw on the internet. But he is happy with it. He has already called to come and sew this morning.

There is still a outside chance he will stay at the school he was at last year. We will know in a couple of weeks. But, there is always a but, Sarah might leave him at the new school. She found out the bus stop wil be right at the end of her driveway! Open front door and get on the school bus. The school district added a entire new route out in her neighborhood so Ethan won't have to walk a mile from his house to where we knew the bus stop was. We will see...

Mary - we get the notice from the city on when the dumpsters will appear and everyone in the neighborhood plans to rip out carpet, sheetrock, etc and fill up the dumpsters. Usually they are full with in a hour or so! They were late with ours, so we took the stuff up to Sarah's. Then of course, it showed up as we got back! Oh well!

Chickie - stay cool! The monsoon is starting herem dropping the temps.

Carol - I am a huge baseball fan - Giants! I have the MLB app on my tablet so I can watch all the games. Still hoping they will make the post seasin.

Tina - Jaz is growing up too fast! She is a very lovely young lady!

Irish - it is nice to travel, but have a home base. My Aunt and Uncle were snowbirds, but kept their home as a place to just come home too. Reno's winters usually are not too bad and the area towards Tahoe is very beautiful! Now, Donner Pass is a whole different subject!

Becca - you will sneak in here - enjoy all those new babies that will be here shortly! All the bears and quilts will be l8ved.

Dinner - Irish's idea of a pizza sounds yummy, so I may go get one too!

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello everyone,Been busy & we are now getting our afternoon showers.Shows them for 2 wks.
Maryz You did have a busy bee day.That carting Out Furniture & all the other things is quite a task.Glad you get to visit Albert.Hope he’s doing well now & his DS too
The shower is August 31.The Boys quilt needs binding & label.

Irish The 1 level would be perfect for us.Alex DS Tried His best to get his Dad to move over where they are.We have 13 steps to basement & 13 to upstairs.gkad you got the power wash complete.

Chickie We love hearing from you.I must have missed your exciting event.Is. A DS expecting?
I have never been a BBall fan.Basketball is my favorite.But I used to always watch the World Series.

Jana That Little Ethan is bitten by the sewing bug.2 of ourGrands are that way.But they live so faraway.I gave them fabric & some trims when they were here.

We also had.banned salad,green beans & CA had his S’mores. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Mary - We have one more set of Baseball tickets. We will see Pittsburg Pirates play the Angels on August 12th. I am not really a BB fan either, but DH and I really did enjoy the game last week.

DH had to report for jury duty yesterday and he went back today only to dismissed before lunch. Here it is one day of service, so he is all done.

Tonight's dinner will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole. It was in the freezer and I did not feel like cooking. The weather was really nice today.

Return to “Chit Chat”