Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:45 am

Good morning,

Yesterday we were 89* and sunny. This morning we are chilly, breezy, cloudy, and may get rain. A nice change from the heat. The forecast shows the next 10 days to be 75-81 degrees and mostly sunny. Sweet!

I've got 4 quilt tops quilted now but only one is bound. Today, I hope to get some bindings done and one more quilted. These aren't big quilts - about 60x72. Enough to wrap up in. Most of them are going to the Police.

Also, I think we're going to start getting serious about moving the 'unecessary to live' furniture out of the house - book shelves, extra chairs, etc. Besides all that, we have to remove some cabinets, the vanity, and the clawfoot tub from the bathroom - and then start ripping up carpeting and tile. Installers arrive Aug 19 so we need to get a wiggle on. There's lots to do.

BECCA -I know those chair lifts are expensive. Our friends had to get theirs certified by inspectors, I believe. They are coming over this afternoon. I'm going to try to remember to pick their brains about it. As for the pineapple on our pizza, it 'worked' much better than it does on a Hawaiian pizza. And now that I think about it, a Hawaiian pizza would blend better if they used the BBQ sauce rather than the Italian flavored tomato sauce.

TINA - how are you feeling this morning after your massage? And yes, Scot is, indeed, 6 whole years old. He's going by fast! Was your reunion a lot of fun? Was it held in a park?

CHICKIE - congratulations!!! You get to do some GREAT baby sewing! Any ideas what you want to do yet? Piece? Applique? When Bill's niece was expecting, about 9 years ago, I made a quilt called "Calico Zoo" from a free pattern on the internet and I think I used green zoo fabric for borders and matching flannel for the backing. Worked for boy or girl and also was a pattern that could carry into little kid hood. All the animals were appliqued onto blocks. But there are so many cute baby ideas - hard to choose!

JANA - your traipse sounds fun! But I'd want to be in that train shop, too. Nice to always have something you can give for a gift that you know will please! Gift certificate! your Caesar wraps sound cool and delicious. Bill would like them, I think.

For anyone who is having posting troubles, remember that if someone else posts to the thread WHILE YOU ARE TYPING OUT YOUR OWN POST then when you hit "submit" your post won't 'go', but will tell you that there is another message on the thread in case you'd like to address it in your own post. So you can do that or you can hit 'submit' a second time. I think it's a nice feature, once you know about it.

I don't think we'll have an official supper tonite but instead our friends, Doyle and Susie, are stopping by about 3pm for happy hour. I'm going to make, what are essentially turkey quesadillas but made with puff pastry instead of tortillas. One layer of pastry, spread on fancy mustard or onion jam or your choice of spread. Add layer of thin, deli-sliced turkey, some sharp cheddar, another layer of pastry and bake. And to keep the pastry from puffing, you lay parchment paper and a second baking sheet on top to weigh it down, bake 20 min, remove the paper and baking sheet, and bake another 10-15 min. It's a first time recipe for me that I found in a novel by Katherine Hall Page that included recipes. How bad can it be? I'm also going to put out green olives, cherries, and mixed nuts. This should be plenty for supper. It took me forever to find the puff pastry in the store though. I'm used to it being in the frozen section and after 3 passes down the aisle gave up and was going to ask or go to another store, but then I spotted it in the cheese fridge when I was picking up the cheese! It's a new version of an old product, I guess.

So what's your plan for tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 27

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:19 am

Good morning!

Came out of the bedroom with plans on feeding Michael, but he is headed out to mow the front yard. So I will wait and play here. The sun is still on the backside of the house, so the front is cooler. He will wait until later this afternoon when the sun has changed places to do the back lawn. It is hot and very muggy today. Mowing may get cut short, no pun intended, because of thunder and lightning.

Aaron and family are camping with her family this weekend. They will be back tonight. Aaron was going to try to fit all the gear in their small SUV, but Sarah loaned them gear and her truck. There was no way to get everything in Aaron's car. It is a family reunion for Kate's family. They are near Cedar City and between the kids and here, there was a huge mudslude that blocked a major road. They will be able to get home using I-15 instead. Wonder how my little girls did sleeping in a tent?

Dinner - something easy with chicken. I have a bag of rotisseire chicken meat from Costco. They bag up cooked breast meat and it is so easy to use. Great in salads, wraps, anything you can come up with.

Mary - I love to use puff pastry. It is so easy to use and makes it seem like you spent all day creating something fancy! I have never seen it fresh, always frozen. Up in Cache Valley is the Pepperidge Farm plant and outlet store. When Sarah lived in Cache, we would stock up goodies from there. They always had puff pastry. Sarah just took a trip up there, took her big coolers and restocked her freezer with goodies. Michael loves their peach turnovers which is really hard to find sometimes, so Sarah brought back a couple of packages for him. A little dry ice in the cooler makes it easy to bring goodies back - it is about a 2 hour drive from here..

Well, the counter, floor fairies missed my kitchen last nightm rats - guess that means I have to do them,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Hello everyone,sunny &warm today.Been inside mostly working on doggie quilt.Have 3 blocks out of12 completed.

Maryz We were offered a stair lift many years ago by a friend but didn’t take it because we didn’t need it then.Guess we will make it As is.I like the flaky pastry but frozen is all we have here.

Jana Your day with all the fun stops must have been fun.Great there was stores to fit all needs.Great that Ethan is learning to sew.Our Grands that are learning are so far away.

My niece called yesterday.Shes coming to visit us this week on Thursday.Her Dad My DB is the one the quilt was given to.

CA asked for a salad which suited me just fine.Of course His was different from mine.He uses iceberg lettuce & I use spinach for starters.They were both tasty.Perfect for a hot day.
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi everyone! I'm exhausted! We went to Cruces birthday shopping for Jazmyne and Matthew. Jazmyne turns 12 tomorrow and Matthew 2 on the 11th of August. So I figured while we were shopping for 1 I'd go ahead and get both. It was so hot today so I'm drained. We came home and I cooked for us and Holly and the kids. Holly, Jazmyne and Preston went to Cruces school shopping for Jazmyne and we took Easton with us. We all met and visited with Kevin, Maria and Matthew, it was a fun filled day! ❤
Mary, I think Duncan is gonna be either 8 or 9 this November! I'll have to look it up.
The reunion dance and dinner was on Friday night at the La Fonda restaurant in town, it always is. The BBQ was at the over 100 year old original farm house where the Remondini's of Frankie's Dad were all born, his aunt is the last of that generation. I don't know how many were there. Sunday 43 of us ate at Si Senor in town for lunch.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gershwin64 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Frankie dancing with Jazmyne
That picture has Frankie's oldest brother and his wife, Frankie and Jazmyne and Kevin and Maria.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Kevin, Maria and Matthew dancing and Frankie and Jazmyne to the left.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Dancing to the Cupid Shuffle ❤

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:01 pm

More dancing to the Cupid Shuffle

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Here is Frankie's 92 year old aunt dancing with her 89 year old cousin, they grew up more like brother and sister, they only see each other at reunions now because he lives in Maryland I believe it is.

Return to “Chit Chat”