Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:20 am

Good morning!

We should only be about 75* today. Woo Hoo! But we'll be back to low 80's later this week. That's OK. It's livable. Most people in the PNW don't have AC because we don't have much need. But we have a ceiling fan and a dog who goes berserk if we turn it on. Not sure which creates the most movement and breeze! They built new houses across the road from us and a couple from NY bought the first one and were amazed there was no A/C, so they paid an extra $50,000 to have it installed and the garage finished off like a regular room. At least that's what the builder told us. By the way, we counted up all the new homes being built around us right now within 1/2 mile - 530! WITHIN ONE HALF MILE! All in the $600,000 range. We are booming! Not sure who can afford those homes....

One of these days soon we need to start packing up things in the bottom floor of the house - we have to empty the house and rip up all the carpet and tile for new stuff to go down. By Aug 19. My books alone - I LOVE books! - will be an entire day of boxing up! We have to remove bathroom vanity, tall cabinet, and our big clawfoot tub. Hurts my back to think about it all! I think I'll just read today . . .

IRISH - I bet the kids want Jim's tools, but feel funny taking them, and want to leave them for other family members. In our family it was the other way around - we weren't even notified when my dad's tools "went". My son got nothing of his grandfather's. I have one Sis in law who saw to that. :cry: I haven't started a new X-Stitch since I finished my last big Christmas one a year ago. I love doing big Christmas projects but haven't found any yet to catch my fancy so I've been working on my hand embroidered state birds/flowers lately. I'm on #28.

JANA - I love Disneyland but you are right - a day is enough! Our kids arranged for us all to be there for Christmas Day and 3 days flanking it about 9 years ago. Christmas is the busiest day of the year. It was too much. But my DD#1 and SIL love it and go almost every year. by themselves! Smudge sounds cute! My older sis has a beige kitty, also with a smudge on her nose. Her names is "Smidge". And Foxy is very circumspect about where he leaves his fur. No hairy clothes here!

BECCA - sorry the restaurant was closed. Why can your hubby no longer have pie? Or did I misread that?

CHICKIE - you just go from one big job to another! And in the heat! You will melt away! And maybe you are right - the Snowballs were white and pink. I know my sis always wanted the pink one and I the white one. But probably they were both chocolate inside. I'd take a pass now, not willing to spend calories on chocolate cake. But a vanilla cake - I'd fight for BOTH! A lot of people think their Keurigs are dead when they just need a bit of burping - or maintainance. Ditto Kitchenaid mixers! They need 'greasing" now and then - with food grade grease, of course.

Supper? bill says he wants only sandwiches. We'll see what he says tonite. I have to run meet my friend, Lori, across the road for our walk. No appointment or errands today! Hooray! A home day!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 23

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am

Good morning!

If, a big if, I went outside, I would be burnt toast in a matter of seconds! We are HOT! Yesterday 103, and today hotter than the hinges of he**! My Batt Cave is a perfect 72 and that is where I will be.

Dinner - I think we will starve tonight - even the salads are wilting! No, I will find something easy and cool.

Sorry about the Ethan height thing. He is 7 1/2 years old and is 60" tall. That is enough for all the rides in D-land. But, the trip might not happen. Sandee forgot to mention it to her husband. Scott had some reservations, so I don't know what is going to happen. But, I do know my Sandee, so I think the trip will come off.

Sarah's DH's new job is programming for the largest health care company here in the mountain west. He was offered more than he was making which is very nice. Another company offered $30,000 more than this company, but got quite flaky near the end of all the interviews, so the kids took this job. It seemed a bit more secure. We hope so! There is a joke about the window office, we learned. All the senior programmers, and programmers in general are as, DSIL puts it, vampires - they don't like the light of day! They go poof in the light. Joseph, my DSIL would rather work in the light, so he got the office with a window and view. We are still chuckling about the vampires.

Not much here. Our financial guy is here. In doing all the rollovers, the old company has not sent one of the big accounts to the new place. They are downstairs taking care of all that. Then we are done with all the paperwork.

So, I will hang out in the Batt Cave and find more things to finish. Or maybe start.... we will see.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am

Hello everyone,rainy cooler day here with splash of sun occasionally.

The HFH truck just came & picked up stove.Offered 2 rockers but they were not perfect so they didn’t want them.Didnt Know they were that picky.Oh well we will take them to dump.

I did a long post for Sewins this AM & it never posted.Im Still Hoping I do everything right.The only thing I’m not positive on is PMs.

I got 5 bears finished yesterday.My fabric & batting is coming today so I can finish my baby quilt.I have to get my 2 little books bought.I have another bear to put eyes mouth nose & ribbon on.

Maryz CA cannot eat as much as he used to.He gets full with a sandwich & can’t hold pie.
50,000 for AC.Wow that’s insane.Our DS & His sons own a plumbing & HAV business.That price is way too high.Thats insane that many houses so close.I Know Seattle is booming.

Jana One day in any Amusement Park is sufficient for me.lol Ethan will love it.All my grands Do.

I have hamburger thawing.Will be Tacos probably.Will see.Nothing very heavy.Have a great day & enjoy your Summer.Try to stay cool. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am

Hi ladies. Summer is going fast. I am late again, sorry.
For dinner today, I plan to do "potluck" my name for clearing out the leftovers.
I have been playing around, hopping around, learning our new format. It's feeling a lot more comfortable.
Enjoying the cooler weather for sure.
Glad to read everyone's posts.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:48 am

Hi Everyone!
All this talk about snowballs and Disneyland. In shopping yesterday I saw packages of blue snowballs with chocolate cake. I left them where I found them. I have been going to Disneyland at least once a year in the past three years. I went most recently on July 9th. The weather was pleasant and there were no crowds!! I went with my sister who did have to rent a scooter. She has a season pass and was able to get me a park-hopper pass for $99.00. We stayed the day and had a blast!! She went last week as well with friends for two days. They had had a story on the news about the lack of crowds in Disneyland on July 10th. When she returned with friends last week the crowds were back. We hit it just right! Cars Land is a blast. We went on the race cars twice. We arrived early and got a Fast Pass for a little later in the morning, then we went on the ride, so we got to go twice!! It was so much fun.

Tonight's dinner will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 pm

Daniel just called me and spent last week in Disneyland. Our little Karlie loved it - but not too many of the rides - she wanted to spend her time in Cars Land. That is where they were most of the three days they were there. Karlie's mom, Kari, took her on the ride - Guardians of the Galaxy - one of the roller coasters that drops you from a high height - Karlie rode it ONCE - then after that - if you even say the word guardian - Karlie tells you emphatically that she is not going on that ride - ever again! All she wanted to see was Lightning McQueen! Karlie would not go on any ride without Daniel - Daniel hates roller coasters too, so if her Dad went, then it was OK. Oh yes, Karlie is three, turning 4 in November.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Jana,
Hope they saw Soaring California! It was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. (We did get a Fast Pass for that also.) Soaring California was the original and will only be back temporarily, then Soaring the World will be back. I would see it again.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi everyone! I think I'm recovered from the reunion LOL
I want to go to Disneyland so badly! I love Soaring over California, Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a small world, the Grizzly Rampage and the little boat rides!
We finally had a day under 100*! It rained softly last night and most of the morning, we needed it! My yards are a mess again from the wind storms we've had the past few nights....I think I need a yard person 😉
Tomorrow Jazmyne gets her schedule and starts school on Thursday.
I have to go look in the freezer and see what's for supper....
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”