Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Prayer Garden

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
QIAD-Linda

Re: Prayer Garden

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 31, 2013 3:53 pm

Praying that God will calm the storms and tornadoes and keep everyone safe and out of harm's way.

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Fri May 31, 2013 4:07 pm

What a wonderful idea and beautiful name for this place. Thank you Linda.
My prayers go out to all the QIAD members in need.
Joan

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri May 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Prayers for all in the path of these deadly, strangely forming, tornadoes. So many places in danger, and so many folks trying to flee the area. We have both friends and family in the area. Please, God, bring peace and comfort to all facing this situation, provide them with shelter from the storms, and give them courage and strength to get thru the days ahead.

Please let us know if any of you QIAD members or your families are in the path or doing ok? But take cover for now and post to us later. We can not reach our son but he is probably in the basement somewhere. He lives between Kan City and St Louis area, the edge of the storms.

Susie, Sorry to hear about the recent loss of your MIL and the health of your FIL. Special prayers for you and your family at this time. It was two yrs ago today that I lost my mother. I still miss her. Prayers for comfort and peace for you today.

Prayers for all the needs of everyone today. May God bless you all today and always and surround you with angels for support. Hugs and love to all. Shirley Mae

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 31, 2013 11:10 pm

My dear Dad passed away in 2008 unexpectedly. I was with him in his last days and even though he was not conscious, I know he could hear my prayers for him and he knew that I was with him. He was the best man I ever knew and I loved him dearly. Mom passed away in 2010 and again, God allowed me to be with her in her final moments. I have missed them so much and grieve for my loss. The thing that helps me most is that I know that they are together with the Lord and other loved ones who passed on before them. It gives me comfort to think of them out of pain and with the Lord. I know in my heart that they are happy and peaceful. They are in heaven and no longer have any pain. Our loved ones are never really gone, they live in our hearts and our memories. I am thankful for my mom and dad who adopted me from an orphanage when I was 3 months old. They gave me loved, introduced me to the Lord, and led exemplary lives. I am truly blessed to have had my wonderful mom and dad in my life for so many years. Thank you Lord for the abundant blessings in my life. I am blessed.

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:01 am

What a beautiful idea and a perfect name. It's great to have all the prayers and requests together. I'll be praying.

Thanks Linda.

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 am

Thank you, my beautiful QIAD family, for your loving thoughts and prayers.

Susie, I am so sorry for your recent loss. Prayers for peace and comfort....

Linda, what a wonderful, loving tribute to your mother and father.

I thank God daily for bringing me to this forum. I truly do feel like we are all connected in some way.

Hugs and prayers,
Mel

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 pm

yes good idea, thanks, prayer in any language always a blessing, tk we can all share some small miracle in our lives that made possible in banding in prayer. The world will only be a far, far better place. All faiths can benefit..

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:11 pm

IF GOD TAKES YOU TO IT, HE WILL TAKE YOU THROUGH IT!
BELIEVE!

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:30 am

This concerns our DGS.He will be ordained tonite as a Minister.He has had a church 3 1/2 years.The process is lengthy.He is in our hearts but we are not able to travel to New York.Thank you for your prayers for his ministry............Becca

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 am

What a wonderful blessing to your family. I pray that God will guide his ministry and draw in believers to hear what God has laid on his heart. I pray that the ministry will flourish and reap great rewards for the Glory of the Lord.

Return to “Chit Chat”