Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Prayer Garden

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Re: Prayer Garden

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:07 am

Let's all remember our Eleanor who had heart surgery a few days ago. She was doing fine right out of the O.R. Let's pray her through a speedy and uneventful recovery!

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:45 am

Maryz, I agree with you. Prayers still going up for Eleanor.

carole

Post by carole » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 am

Please add my brother, Gene, to your prayer list as he lost his wife of 51 yrs. He is all alone now in FL. He is 76yrs old and his health is not that good. I ask for prayers to give him strength to get through this terrible loss. Julie, his wife had pancreatic cancer and fought hard to overcome it, but sadly she loss that battle. She is with God now as she was a true believer in him. Thanks.

Carole

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:58 am

Carole, my sincere condolences. Prayers being said for your brother, you, family and all !

Also prayers for all the spoken and unspoken requests. God bless all.

Love & hugs

Denise

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Carole, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your SIL, Julie. Prayers for Gene for strength and health, comfort and peace, in the midst of this loss. 51 yrs is a long time together, losing his wife and his lifelong friend and companion will bring much loneliness. Does he have any family at all in FL that will be there for a support system?

Prayers for you too and all the family. May God be at your side, may HE bring you all a feeling of peace and comfort during this time of sadness. Share your grief but also your memories of a happier time. Those memories are tucked away in your hearts, ready to be brought out and let you know she still lives on in all your hearts. May the angels surround all the family and provide hugs and help and hope for tomorrow. You will be together again someday.

Sending sympathy and (((HUGS))) your way today, dear friend. God bless you and yours. Shirley Mae

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:58 am

Carole, your brother, Gene has my prayers! He must be very lonely. 51 years is a long time to spend with someone only to find yourself suddenly without that person.

My oldest brother is also a Gene. I love anyone with that name. I'll give your Gene 'special mention' tonite. Hugs!

carole

Post by carole » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers for my brother. Unfortunately, he is in FL by himself now. The really sad thing is he lost his only child years ago when his son had just turned 21. I so wish I could take this pain away from him, but I know he has to go through the stages of grief. Julie is with God and her son, Eugene, now.

Carole

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Carole Prayers for your DB Gene.Losing a loved one is hard.Too bad he has no support.My DB lost his wife of 60 yrs in August but his DD is helping him.My prayers for him to be comforted....Becca

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Carole - prayers are winging there way your DB and you and family.

Bless you all!

Helen

Jaken

Post by Jaken » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am

Hello ladies, this is just a test.

Return to “Chit Chat”