Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Prayer Garden

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
QIAD-Linda

Prayer Garden

Post by QIAD-Linda » Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Dear Friends,
A member asked me to start this post a while ago and I agree that we need it. So many times we all have need of prayer for ourselves, loved ones and friends. It seems like a good idea to have a main place to post those requests and offer encouragement to those in need. So, please use this area to post your prayer requests, updates on requests, and general prayer needs and comments. If you are not a prayer warrior and just need for others to be thinking and encouraging you, you are also invited to post. I strongly believe in the power of prayer as I have seen God's hand many times in my life. Nothing feels better than to have people praying for you in times of need.

I pray God's blessings and peace on each and every one of you.

toekeyotow

Re: Prayer Garden

Post by toekeyotow » Thu May 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Thank You Linda, this is wonderful to have it's own place. I too believe in the power of Prayer.

Peace & Love
Joan

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Linda, Thank you for setting this up. And what a beautiful name for the thread.....Prayer Garden. May God bless you for doing this for all of us.

I have been on this forum since 2008 and I have seen so many miracles come about in the lives of our members as well as my own family. I honestly think that the prayers of many can bring so much peace and comfort, support and caring, and improvements and miracles in all of our lives. A little love, a caring hug, and a prayer goes a long ways.

May God bless everyone in need today. No need is too small to allow God to help you by simply asking for our prayers and support. Thank you everyone for all the prayers you have sent up on behalf of me and my family.

Love, hugs, and prayers for all today. Shirley Mae

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Thu May 30, 2013 3:53 pm

What a wonderful name for a much needed part of our forum. Thanks Linda

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Thu May 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks, Linda, for setting this up.

I would like to ask everyone to keep my father (& mother) in their prayers. Daddy is down to 20% function of his heart. He is also in the early stages of dementia and alzheimer's. Mom is having a hard time caring for him as she is not in the best of health, either. Any and all prayers will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks so much.....

Hugs,
Mel

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:07 am

Linda, thank you! I agree, "Prayer Garden" is a wonderful name.

Melanie, prayers are being said for your Dad & Mom. Sending good vibes!

Love & hugs

Denise

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 31, 2013 5:07 am

Mel, I am holding your parents up in prayer for God's loving hand to rest on them. Asking God to cover you in His strength and peace. I know this is very hard on you as you care for your parents and want you to know that you are not alone in this. Praying blessings over you and your family.

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 am

Mel, May God be with your parents as they go thru this time together. May HE provide caring and loving support both of them. May God bless both of them and you too in the days ahead. Sending hugs, love, and more prayers for all concerned.

Mel, could you get someone, perhaps thru Medicare, to come in and help your mom from time to time? Prayers that you find the outside support you all need at this time.

Prayers for all in need today. May God bless each ande very one of you. Love and hugs across the miles, Shirley Mae

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri May 31, 2013 6:08 am

LINDA Thank you for creating a prayer garden.Love the name & greater still that we can lift one another's needs up in prayer.And what a comfort to know someone is lifting you up when the need is there.

Mel I will be praying for your Mom & Dad.Pray she can get someone to help.

Prayers to all those in need.........Becca

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri May 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Mel, I know how you are feeling and what you are going through. My father -in -law is in an alzheimer care facility now and my mother- in -law just passed away May 21st. She tried so hard to care for him but finally it got to be too much. You might try contacting medicare or even a social service agency (like Catholic Community Services). They sometimes can provide some relief care and give your mom a break. Prayers and hugs..............Susie

Return to “Chit Chat”