Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Prayer Garden

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Becca

Re: Prayer Garden

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 am

Katherine Praying for you.Oh shingles are not good company.Hope the meds work.May God heal you.....Becca

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Katherine, I am so sorry to hear that you have Shingles. It is a terribly painful illness and I am praying that you will have complete relief from the pain and feel the Lord's arms holding you close.

Friends, we live in a world with so much pain and illness. There are so many hurting people everywhere you look. I am thankful to have so many of you here, praying together. It is what we need more of in today's society. I love that we never have to face anything alone, we have God loving us and caring for us. Thank you all for your faithfulness in praying for each other. You are all a blessing.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:28 am

Our Grammiequilts, Judi, needs our prayers. It seems she's had a heart attack and is in the hospital.

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Prayers being said for Judi. I saw the post over in Sew in. Prayers for her and the rest of the family too. May God bring them all a miracle and much love and support from those around them. May angels surround them all to bring them comfort, support, peace, and hope. Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted when you can.

Love, hugs, and God's blessings for everyone's prayer requests today and always. Shirley Mae

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Prayers going out for Judi and her family.

Katherine - Prayers going out for you also. A friend of mine at work got shingles and said it was the worst thing she had ever had. My doctor had me get a shingles shot before I retired. Since I was over 60 the insurance paid for it. They said people over 60 are particularly susceptible to the disease. Hope you feel better soon.

Sherry

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Judi, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Wish you'll get weel soon! God bless!

Love & hugs

Denise

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 am

Prayers today please for our neighbors Maria and her DH Renae. He is on kidney dialysis and not doing very well. She came over this am to see my garden and ended up crying. All her family is in CA and she is so homesick and wants to go back to see DGKS like every other summer.

Now he is really sick, but he refuses to go with her. He will be alone here for a few months. He has family here but not sure how much they will help him out. Several of his brothers are on dialysis too. I told her we would come and visit him from time to time and bring him some meals too once in awhile. They need out prayers today and for time to come. She has a very strong faith but don't think he does and is giving up.

Prayers too for safe travels today. We leave for Las Vegas shortly for our SIL retirement ceremony from the Air Force. So proud of him and the sacrifices his family has had to make too. 22 yrs of service to our country.

Prayers for everyone's needs today and always. May God bless you, keep you safe and happy and healthy or on the road to better health.
Love and hugs and lots of prayers, Shirley Mae and Rod too

live2quilttwo

Post by live2quilttwo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isa 41:10 Living Bible

This has always been comforting to me. Life tries to pull the rug out from under us but God has promised never to leave us alone to battle our troubles on our own.

Prayers for all here who have requested prayers. May you find comfort here.
God bless, Ruth

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Ruth, thank you for the beautiful reminder. I remember when my young cousin was dying of cancer she told me she reached out toward a crucifix in her bedroom and asked the Lord to help her and she said he took her hand in his and told her he would always be with her. I have never forgotten that. Prayers for all in need.
Susie

kho

Post by kho » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 am

I would like to request prayers for my friend Dori (snowwhite) on this forum. Some of you have met her in P. Her mom passed away. Thanks.

Return to “Chit Chat”