Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
patches4

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by patches4 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Good Evening All,

I was just going through a quilt magazine and an author Marie Bostwick was mentioned as the author of Country Cobbled Quilts??? Has anyone read this series? I have wanted to read Jennifer Chaverini's books as well but I have not been able to finish the series yet. Right now too busy with things of life to take a moment to sit and read but was thinking if I could find a good book I might be successful.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
Be sew happy,
Hugs,
Tina B
Patches4

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:07 am

I just got the book Killing Patton by Bill O'Reilly and have started reading it. it is about the real reason behind General Patton's death.

AbitaQuilterMom

Post by AbitaQuilterMom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi everybody, I wanted to suggest Janet Evanavich(sp?). Her Stephanie Plum series is a hoot. I've read all 21 books and enjoyed the first 10 or 12 better than the lastest ones. They are mysteries with Stephanie as a "bail enforcer" aka a bounty hunter in Trenton, NJ. Her sidekick, Lula, adds laugh out loud moments. Stephanie's mom irons when she's stressed out, and sneeks a sip or three of whiskey she has hidden in a kitchen cabinet. Stephanie has two love interests. Both hot, but in different ways. The whole cast of characters return in the series. There is plenty of cursing, but i was able to read over it. I hope you pick up the first one, and get booked, i mean hooked like i did. Lol, Abita

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:15 am

Abita, I have read a lot of the Stephanie Plum series and have enjoyed them very much, always a neat twist....Right now, I'm reading a lot of James Patterson and the last ones were, "Burn", "Cross My Heart" and "Hope to Die"...And I really like "The Women's Murder Club" books.....I have about 4 books going all the time, in different rooms...With the garbage on TV, you need something to do if you're not quilting......
Happy reading

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Irish.....I have lots of James Patterson books.....love them

Also started reading the Elm Creek Quilting Company books just recently.....our library has most all of them..really enjoyed the ones I have read.

Joyce

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

Recently finished the first book of TYLER. A fictious small twon in Wisconsin. It was the first in a series, like the Mittleford series and do not recall authors Love audio books when in bed and also when I quilt.

AbitaQuilterMom

Post by AbitaQuilterMom » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

I have finished an intesting book about Robin Hood told from a woman's point of view. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. I enjoyed it except it was a bit graphic in a few places. Abita

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:26 am

I belong to Age & Opportunity, Senior without walls, that have a number of programs on the phone.. One is book reading.. Great program.
Missed the debut of the forgotten garden by kate Morton a 600+ page book hoping I could get caught up to follow along.. I have a good 300 pages by Monday.. Iffy!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Finishes read the Carol Burnett book in the Readers Digest books. It was a fun read.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:43 am

Reading Xmas with TUCKER by Greg Kincaid, a high school lvl reading.
Life of this older man who takes to drinking, eventually gets taken in by police authorities, his golden retriever is being neglected, where this young boy takes the dog in, and tog they become inseaperable. If you have a pet of your own could relate to this novel. Easy read.

Return to “Chit Chat”