Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Irishgram

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

I've just finished a couple of good books....
Maryz had recommended the author, Lisa Scottoline and I just finished reading her book, "Lady Killer"....Excellent, very enjoyable and for sure I'll be getting more of her books...
Another author is Mary Burton...I read, "Before She Dies" and there again, excellent reading...
Also read, "Quilter's Daughter" by Wanda E Brunstetter...Good, clean reading with an Amish setting.....
In the process of reading another Mary Burton and will let you know about it......

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:52 am

Almost done with "The Book of God" the bible as a novel. by Walter Wangerin Jr. Its awesome. For those who want to know all the bible stories in easy good reading pick it up. It also can be a bible study for a group there is a reading group guide in the back. I have truly enjoyed it:))

izzy
🐐izzy

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:12 am

The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans - five total - really good!

Susan

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:45 pm

I think I've read every one of Rita Maae Brown's books. I love mystrys with animals in them.

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:31 am

i love that book, izzy. he also has written a couple more that i like too. he was a professor at valparaiso university in indiana where my oldest daughter went to college. marcia

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 am

Just finished Fly Away by Kristin Hannah. It picked up where the book Firefly Lane ended. These books were about best friends and all you go through in your lifetime. The author is pretty good at hitting it right about relationships. I have read several of her novels and liked most of them. Not a big romance person, tend to like mystery, supernatural or historical type books. Love Iris Johansen and a big Stephen King fan, I have every book he has written with the exception of one or two..........the only thing I really collect.

Joyce

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm reading New Years quilt by Jennifer chiaviareni.. Love it, may read 2nd time at the suspense of mothers loss and they will cope.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:52 am

I'm reading Women Food and God by Grennen Roth.

it's about how to recognize and resolve food addictions.. whether you're bulimic, aneroxic, or a compulsive eater.

it's really interesting.

I am looking for a book called the Red Tent by Anita Diamant. hopefully it will be my next read
John 16:33

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 am

I just finished reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It is the book that inspired the movie. (Which now I want to see)
It is about the life of Louie Zamperini. I found it a very good book, although some parts are very hard to read. Being in a POW camp was hell on earth.

Vicky

pinebrookefarm

Post by pinebrookefarm » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm reading "pioneer girl"... the Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography that was recently released.

Return to “Chit Chat”