Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
DarleneS

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by DarleneS » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:56 am

I am reading Pay It Forward and it is one of those you don't want to end.

Mahoney1

Post by Mahoney1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 am

I am almost finished with Under the Dome by Stephen King and I am enjoying it. I recently finished the Girl with the Drgaon Tattoo series. I really enjoyed those. My idea of a good book generally is a good story with some pith to it.

Karen

ladybess

Post by ladybess » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:23 pm

I am hooked on Karen Kingsbury -- my favorite are the Baxter Family Dramas - Redemption Series; Firstborn Series; Sunrise Series. They are located in the Religion Fiction section at 1/2 Price Books. Lori

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 am

Last night I finished a book by Donna Ball, an author I had never read before. The book is called "A Year on Ladybug Farm". It's about three women, close friends who buy a huge, run down mansion in the Shenandoah Valley.

It was a wonderful book!!

Joanne

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:08 am

I am in the midst of reading the first book of the Elm Creek Series with the 2nd sitting on the table waiting for me BUT...

Debbie Macombers 10th book just came out and it is calling me NO it is actually screaming "You have been waiting so long, get over here and read me!" LOL

Teresa

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Just finished "The Gate House" by Nelson DeMille. Great book.
Lori 8-)

susanngarry

Post by susanngarry » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:08 pm

This is a wonderful thread. Am always looking for a good read. Am researching some of the recommendations. I read a lot of christian fiction mysteries and stories of the Amish. Some authors and series that have been around for a while are The O'Malley series by Dee Henderson and Seven Sisters by Debra White Smith. Am currently reading The Secret by Beverly Lewis. I know I've read it before but can't remember the secret, a blessing of having brain damage and memory loss.

Blessings,
Susan

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Susan, I read most of Beverly Lewis' books and loved them....I did read the Secret but was so disappointed to find, the story goes on into the next book, which I haven't been able to find....I really, really enjoyed reading all those Amish books......

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 am

In the wee hours of this morning I finished reading, Nicholas Sparks', The Guardian.....I can't remember reading it before but so much of it seemed familiar, but, it is a WOW book....Very different to what he normally writes but it's certainly one you can't put down.....

wardfan

Post by wardfan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 am

I read all the "Left Behind" series when they came out about 10 years ago and I am now rereading them. It is a wonderful series of books that I would suggest to anyone to read. Very thought provoking.

Return to “Chit Chat”