Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Irishgram

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

I finished, Stuart Woods, "Doing Hard Time" and wasn't impressed but finished it....I'm glad I got it at the Library instead of buying it, lol....And I just finished 2 by Debbie Macomber..."A Good Yarn" and "1105 Yakima Street"...Her books are always cute, easy reads....I'm really into a Patterson book now, was up 1/2 the night, just couldn't put it down......

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Just got a new book from Amazon entitled Love And War by Mary Matalin and James Carville. They have been married for 24 years. She is a Republican Stratagist and he is a Democratic one. I have been fans of theirs for years. I am anxious to start reading it.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 am

Here's another good one.....I just finished, James Patterson's, "Don't Blink" and for sure, you don't want to blink...It is very, very good....I mostly read when I go to bed and this one had my attention and I couldn't put it down.....I found 2 other books written by him and another writer and I'm hoping they are as good......

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:41 pm

I am almost finished with this one and it is an awesome read:

The Book of God The Bible as a Novel by Walter Wangerin Jr. I am hoping to get another book by him entitled Paul.

Izzy
🐐izzy

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:02 am

Here's another James Patterson book that you can't put down....."Quickie" is a thriller and good right up to the end......

And one more that I just finished today, "Run for Your Life" by James Patterson, who else........Another, "good right up to the end".....Started it last night and finished it this afternoon, couldn't put it down......

Here's another one I just finished..."Shoot Him if He Runs" by Stuart Woods....It's another Stone Barringer novel and it was just OK, but I read the whole thing....
After reading Patterson, it's hard for me to get into the next book.....I need to take a trip to the Library..........

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 am

I finished reading "The Ghost Map" by Steven Johnson. It is the true story of a Cholera epidemic in London and how it changed Science, Cities and the Modern World. It was very informative and also an excellent story! I highly recommend this book.

Carol

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:03 am

With this nasty, cold weather, I'm catching up on my reading.....I just finished, "Black Marble" by Joseph Wambaugh....It kept my interest but nothing to write home about.....When I was about 20 pages into the book, I thought, just can't finish...It kept saying 2 female names and how much they loved each other etc. and I didn't think I wanted to go any further...BUT, it was about a lady and her female dog, named Vicky.....
I'm about to deplete my book supply so I really do have to get back to the Library.......

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Got "Seams Unlikely" by Nancy Zieman it is her autobiography....also "My Last Fight" by Darren Mc Carthy a former Detroit Red Wing, I am into autobiographies and will let you know how these were also Reading "Mrs Lincoln"s Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini I just love her books///(Elm Creek Quilters") I preordered Marie Bostwick new book "Apart at the seams" it will be released next month.....no better way to pass time on the beach is reading a good book///

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 am

Finished Sandra Brown's "White Hot"..very good read. I just started another of hers called "The Switch". On March 15th the Friends of the Murrieta Library will be having their sidewalk sale...paperbacks-.25 and hardcover-$1.00. DH and I are looking forward to it.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:12 pm

I now have a bunch of new books to talk about....While "resting" in Florida, I sure did the reading.....

"Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" by James Patterson---Sad but very good
"The Appeal" by John Grisham- excellent as always...Don't know how I had missed this one.....
"Santa Fe Edge: by Stuart Woods- OK, not a favorite
"Private #1 Suspect: by James Patterson, excellent
"The 9th Judgement" by James Patterson, excellent
"The Trial" by Robert Whilton, very, very good
"King of Torts" by John Grisham, excellent and another I don't know how I missed
"Deadly Secrets" by M. William Phelps--true story, good
"Night Sins" by Tami Hoag-very good
"The Blue Orchard" by Jackson Taylor- very good
"Hello Darkness" by Sandra Brown - excellent.....
Here's another, just finished- "The Society" by Michael Palmer....Very good author and good book, right up to the end.....

Return to “Chit Chat”