Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Favorite Recipes

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
teacupdelights

Re: Favorite Recipes

Post by teacupdelights » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Rosebud: OK we cook the fruit
We bake the topping

How do they get together please????

Joanne: a quart is 4 cups a.k.a. 32 ounces :)

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 pm

when making the bread i have used different flavors of pudding mix also i made the recipe one time with the wrong kind of pudding it was not the 1 minute kind it was the kind you are suppose to cook so make sure you get the 1 minute or the instant kind i also add chopped pecans or walnuts to mine also

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Teacupdelights--- I apologize for missing the fruit. I was interrupted by a phone call and didn't proofread to make sure I got everything in, but I edited the post so recipe is now correct. LOL

Joanne--- No worries, I have to look equivalent measures up a lot of times.
2 cups = 1 pint
4 cups = 1 quart
2 pints = 1 quart
4 quarts (liquid) = 1 gallon
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
16 tablespoons = 1 cup
4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup
5 1/3 tablespoons = 1/3 cup
8 oz = 1 cup

I usually use fresh or frozen fruit. I have never used canned fruit with this recipe.

Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 am

Teacupdelights - thanks!

rosebud3/mary - I've copied and cut out your list and taped it to my inside cupboard door!!! No excuses for me now! LOL

Keep cookin' and stitchin' !!
Joanne

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:06 am

THANKS Y'ALL........Good Eatin'.

Michelle06H

Post by Michelle06H » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Here is my Pot Roast recipe, my best friend gave it to me after we had this at her house, it was AWESOME! So DH and I have made a vow to make Sunday night Pot Roast night :)

CROCK POT BEEF POT ROAST

1 – large onion cut in slices

1 – 8 ounce bag baby carrots

1 – 8 ounce package mushrooms

½ pound new potatoes, quartered

4 pound beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry

2 TBS canola oil

1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup

1 packet Lipton onion soup mix

1 cup beef broth

¼ cup steak sauce

(I double the gravy part of the recipe just because we love gravy. The other nice thing is to freeze the gravy to make vegetable soup or a stew)

In a crock pot put onions, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes.

Season the roast with salt and pepper. I use Montreal steak seasoning. (this is an awesome all purpose seasoning…I use it for everything) In a large skillet brown all sides in oil over medium high heat. Add the roast to the crock pot.

In the same pot you browned the roast in add the cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, steak sauce and beef broth. Heat through scrapping all the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan…it adds some good flavor. When heated through pour the gravy over the roasts and veg’s.

Cook on low 8 – 9 hours. High for 3 – 4. The roast will not be fall apart tender if you cook on high. I suggest cooking on low.

kho

Post by kho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:37 am

Decisions, decisions--I have a muskrat meatloaf and french fried skunk and I believe there is one called pickled moose nose-although the later may be hard to find in this area.

kho

Post by kho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:49 am

I use this recipe for banana cream pie- I also use it with some cooked rice, and raisins--yum yum

Vanilla cream pie
In a saucepan combine 3/4 cups sugar, 1/3 cup of flour OR 3 Tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 tsp. salt. Gradually add 2 cups of milk. Cook and stir till thickened and boils. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir small amount into 3 slightly beaten egg yolks. Return to heat-cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, add 2 Tablespoons butter and 1 tsp. vanilla. Cool to room temp with plastic on top.Pout into baked pie shell.
Butterscotch:substitute brown sugar for white, increase butter to 3 tablespoons.
Chocolate: ubcrease sugar to 1 cup and add 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (chopped) with the milk.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Michelle, your pot roast sounds delish, and so does that vanilla pie, kno...although, I can't wait to get your recipe for muskrat meatloaf, it's really hard to find a good muskrat meatloaf recipe! LOL!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 am

Here's my basic recipe for making a :

Roast leg of lamb:

boneless leg of lamb
fresh garlic cloves sliced
olive oil
rosemary
sage
kosher salt
pepper

Cut shallow slits into the lamb & insert slices of garlic. Mix salt, pepper, rosemary & sage together. Rub olive oil inside & outside of lamb then sprinkle seasoning inside & outside of lamb. Allow this to marinate in fridge for several hours. Remove from fridge about an hour before roasting. Roast in oven at 350 for about an hour depending on how large the leg is & how well you like it cooked. Allow the roast to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving it.

Return to “Chit Chat”