Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 am

Joanne, Mary Higgins Clark is my favorite author and I can never put her books down. I like her daughter, Carol, too, but she's not as good as her mom. But her ex-daugher-in-law, Mary Jane Clark, is also excellent! Have you tried any of her books?

mommybvl3

Post by mommybvl3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:52 am

Hi all well I'm reading the Elm Creek quilt novels I started with a circle of quilters and now I'm reading a winding ways quilt they are both good books i recomend them they make you want to quilt well you all have a Great day Tina

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 am

Purrfect Mary, I've seen "Mary Jane Clark" books, but have never read them...but I sure will now! Thanks!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 am

LOVERS KNOT....BY EMILE RICHARDS

REALLY LIKED THIS BOOK. READING FRI NIGHT KNITTING CLUB NOW.

ALSO READ LIGHTHOUSE BRIDES---4 DIFFERENT STORIES, AND EACH IS GOOD.

pat4rest

Post by pat4rest » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 pm

My 12 year old shared a trio of books by Susan Collins . The Hunger Games are very good. Wrote for teens but I couldn"t put them down.
Catching Fire and Moking Jay completes the set. Something to shre with your teens.

susanngarry

Post by susanngarry » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:56 am

Just finished Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble. I loved the book. Had never read anything by the author and am looking forward to me. It was an easy read and I believe would be classified as a cozy mystery. Just enough mystery and romance to keep me reading without getting graphic. No foul language either. Has anyone read the most recent Jan Karon books? If so what did you think? They are on my reading list. Blessings,
Susan

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Susan, I've read all the Jan Karon books...they are absolutely wonderful books and I loved them!!

Joanne

SewMuchFun

Post by SewMuchFun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:33 pm

I just today finished "The Book." One of my all time favorites. anyone out there read it? bj

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:22 pm

just finished reading the last in the Elm Creek quilt books series to date, The Aloha Quilt. Absolutely wonderful, just like all the others. I can't wait for the next "installment".

Each book has its own story, and is heartwarming and some jerk the eyes a bit, but always end on a happy note.......highly recommend them all.

carol/kittyquilt

susanngarry

Post by susanngarry » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 am

Found a website called good reads. I just started using it to track books I want to read, books I'm reading and books I've read. I was using a manual system and it wasn't going well. On this site if I ever get any friends, LOL, I can also look at what my friends are reading, have read and going to read. If you're interested my name on this website is Susan Fryman. Happy reading, quilting and blessings. Susan

Return to “Chit Chat”