Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
QIAD-Linda

Re: OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:07 pm

Dear Quilterbee,
My children are 40 and 29 and no matter what their age, I feel their pains, fears, joys, and defeats. This will never change, we are Moms. Our children will make mistakes, just like we did. All we can do is pray for them and be there for them.
I am truly sorry for this painful time for you. We are all here for you.
Blessings on you,
Linda

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:02 am

OK guys!! Here I go, off to the hospital. Oh boy!! Wish I could take you guys with me, I'm a nervous wreck. I smoked a very well deserved cigarette this morning....outside on the porch!! Be back soon, love you all, Amie :o)

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 am

Amie, we were in a similar situation with our daughter 6 yrs ago. I wasn't ready to be a grandma (so I thought!) but God knows what is right and good for us. When our granddaughter got here our lives changed so much and for the better, not just with our daughter but between myself and DH. (Not to mention it was not too far from 9/11 and it drew everyone in the family closer.) The feelings I had of not being ready to be a grandma changed so much when our GD got here. She is an absolute gift from God.

Please embrace this innocent loving Gift from God... your life will change in ways you never thought imaginable. There's nothing wrong with being a young grandma. Being a grandma is the best..

Blessings to you, your son and your family..

Best of wishes for a healthy beautiful grandbaby!

Carin

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:55 am

Aime,

Thoughts and prayers are with you this morning. Hope all goes well with your son and baby's mother and the baby!

Look at it this way.... this is an opportunity for you to impact another life. This baby will surely impact yours, but think what a wonderful gift it is to be able to share with a new person all that you are! Seems to me it's a win/win situation!

God Bless you today!

Mary

Sara

Post by Sara » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:13 am

My 22 yo son and 19 yo daughter in law have a 27 mo daughter and a 3 mo son. Their little daughter was one year old when they married so she is in their weddng pictures. These grandchildren are the most precious things in the world to me and I couldn't imagine a day in my life without them.

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:14 am

Everything will be just fine. No need to stress out over something you can't help. When you see this little bundle of joy it won't make a difference how he/she got here. Just love and cherish and teach it to quilt.

I never had to deal with that when my children were growing up but my grandchildren are a different story.

My grandson has 2 children by 2 different girls and is living with another one now. I told him to please keep his pants zipped. Oh dear I hope I can say that.

Loretta

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:28 am

Aimee,
I am excited for you! We are all waiting to hear from you later about the new baby! I am saying a little prayer for you.
Linda

SusieQ51

Post by SusieQ51 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:38 am

Kids have so many temptations. We had the same ones years ago but I was so scared of my parents that they didn't take hold. I was 40 when DD was delivered. DH had 2 children from a previous marriage. They are now 38 dd, 36 ds, and 15 dd. They love her to death. Yes, being an older mommy is a challenge (energy wise). And, we also have the fear every parent has with children in high school. Our 16 yo gd surprised us with a great-gd. No, we weren't ready but this little gal has really surprised us all. Her Mommy, our gd, has taken responsibility by the handle and really grew up fast. While the pregnancy was not what the family wanted, it did make her realize that she was no longer a child. I worried about ds and his accepting the event but he loves that little one with a fierce love that only a grandparent will experience.

Sorry if I have rambled but I wanted to let quilterbee know that she is NOT ALONE in this experience. God will be there to help you through as will the rest of us.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:29 am

Dealing with the Oh No aspect and then the worrying of what your child is going to have to step up to are normal feelings. It's worry and some disappointment, with love and support much happiness may come from the situation. I'll keep the parents and baby in my prayers.

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:31 am

Now I'm anxious is it a girl or boy?

Return to “Chit Chat”