Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
cindyg

Re: OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

Post by cindyg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Your emotions will be on a roller coaster. Sorrow for your daughter because you know she has hard times coming and you could just throttle her because birth control is so easy these days. On the other hand when you get to hold that little bundle it will be a joyous, happy time for children are always a blessing. I know this from experience. A very special prayer going up for you this evening.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:30 pm

Amie, My prayers are with you all. What a hard time this is for all of you.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:42 pm

Been there done that. Do know if it is a girl or a boy? You will fall in love with the baby, you will have a sense of responsibility that you will want to do all you can to help both of them.

Keep us posted.

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Prayers to your family. Keep your chin up and love that little one and help your daughter to be strong too.

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Amanda went in at 8pm to have the Cervadil put on her cervix, supposed to help her dialate. At 6am, the pitocin will be hooked up to her IV to force contractions. I tried to tell her that her labor will be twice as hard with pitocin, but she's tired of being pregnant. See, my son is the father although I really care about this girl,too. I'm just so disgusted that this happend. I'm 36 years old!! And, tomorrow is my son's 19th b-day!! The baby is coming on his b-day! That was supposed to be MY baby's b-day, not this baby's. I know, I'm acting rotten. I hope I feel different when it gets here. Thankyou ALL for your support and sweet comments, they really do help!! I will let you know as soon as it gets here, love...Amie :o)

kadie

Post by kadie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Sorry I thought it was your daughter. I didn't realise it was your son. Not that it makes any difference really. A new little life is coming into the world and I'm sure you will be there for the three of them because they are probably going to need all the help they can get.
Good luck and God Bless

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:51 pm

I know it is hard and you are disappointed but you can't change what has happened. Best to look forward and remember children are a gift from God. Your son and the mother will have to do some growing up.

I believe everything happens for a reason and I'm sure this child will be a blessing.

I'm praying for a healthy, happy baby!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:06 pm

quilterbee, it's ok to feel however you feel. These situations are difficult and emotional. We want things to go well for our kids and when these things happen unexpectedly, well, it stirs up all kinds of feelings in us. Lots of us are walking around today being the result of teenage parents who didn't have a clue, and it doesn't always turn out negative. Some of the most unplanned babies turn out to be the light of our life and a real source of joy to us in ways we can't imagine before they arrive. Regardless of the situation the baby is coming into, he or she is a precious gift, deserving and needing much love. I've often heard it said that we don't always get what we want, but we usually get what we need. This new little grandchild may turn out to be the most incredible gift you've ever received. We can't help how we feel about things, and it's good that you're able to vent your feelings to us. These feelings have to go somewhere! We're here to support you thru this and we'll have you in our hearts and prayers. We don't know all the circumstances that make you feel how you do right now, but your kids need you and we applaud you for rising to the occasion, as only a mom can do.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:08 pm

So why don't you just try being happy for them. Sounds like you're making this all about you. It's not about you, it's about them and their new baby. Your grandchild. Instead of fighting it, why don't you try embracing it.
Lori 8-)

kadie

Post by kadie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:22 pm

quilterbee
I think Georgiapeach summed it up beautifully.
Feel free to YELL on here if you want and get things off your chest. No use bottling things up, it's not good for the soul. No-one is judging you or the situation. We are all here for you.

Return to “Chit Chat”