Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:33 am

Good morning,

We are home from camping. Nice trip, but oh so hot! And mosquitoey! I used more sunblock and repellent in those four days than I'll probably use all the rest of the year. I have the trailer emptied so today we'll clean it, restock it, and have it ready to go for the next trip - which isn't until Sept. We are also going into Tacoma to LQS big fabric sale, Joann's for thread, and jewelry store to get a ring repaired. So it's going to be a busy day. But I'm sure I'll find time to play a little with my OWL July block.

TINA - Did your dad finally cancel his trip back east or just post pone it? Our good friends used to take a trip to So Cal every year, by car. Finally, at age 92, the family talked them into going by train, which they found they enjoyed far more than they thought they would. How did you do with chiro's orders yesterday? Hard to do nothing.

BECCA - you have a pool? A swimming pool?? And a little consignment shop?? Cool! I like your new place already! Is the food good? We often used to visit our friends, Warren & Lois, and we would make a party of it, usually with one or two other couples, and we were given a small private dining room and could order from a limited menu and the food was always delicious.

JANA - my sis and dbil will be traveling through your general neck of the woods today from Heyburn, ID to Rock Springs, WY.

I texted Irish yesterday. She is OK, but not wonderful. Her doctor is concerned about her A-fib. She says her sis and her son, Kevin, are blessings to her. Kathy and Tim are arriving today, I think, to visit, after they took an Alaskan cruise. She says 'hi' to you all.

Tonite we are having Mexican leftovers - refried beans, rice, and quesadillas. And sliced tomatoes.

Have you got a plan yet?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 10th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:17 am

Good morning all!
Mary, I feel like you hit the ground running when you get home. I hope you find some great bargains at the quilt shop and have fun!
It wasn't really hard to do nothing yesterday LOL I was pretty exhausted after going for 2 days on the road and then cleaning the house Thursday and after chiro was done with me yesterday I was mush LOL we got home and ate a sandwich for lunch and I got the ice packs out and sat in my recliner, watched an episode of Charmed and Frankie said he was going to go play golf and that was it for me, I fell asleep. I was sore even at bedtime and didn't think I'd sleep but fell right to sleep and slept 8 hours. I feel lots better this morning.
Supper hmmmmmm I'm not sure, I'll have to consult the freezer.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:22 am

Good morning!

Got the upstairs uglies caught up and now heading to the Batt Cave.

Dinner is usually causal on Saturday, and I have hot dogs and buns. Chips abound and there's homemade salsa too. Maybe a potato salad may get made.

Not much else here today

Mary - clear sailing home through Utah for your family. We always have uses for more fabrics! Notice the word uses - sounds better than need or want. LOL!

Tina- glad you're feeling better. The turtles will be happy too with a clean pond. Didn't know that Frankie was a duffer. For awhile here this spring, he would have needed a orange golf ball, to see it on the snow!

Off to downstairs,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:21 am

Jana, yes we always have more uses for fabric. That's why I brought some home from Utah.
You have such great quilt shops around you. While I was at Quilts Etc. Jonathan took a walk in the neighborhood. When he came back, he said there was another shop up the street. How convenient.
Then when we had lunch at Zuppa's, My Girlfriends Quilt shop was across the parking lot. I just love Utah.

Tina, you body must have needed the rest. Glad you are feeling better today. I think slowing down as we get older is one of the hardest things for us to do.

Becca, sounds like you are settling into your new place. How nice to have a pool that you don't have to maintain.

Mary, hope you find something useful at the sale.

I've got the vacuuming done. Need to clean the bath. Then I'll start sewing. I have so many choices. lol

Dinner will be chicken and potatoes on the grill, and fresh cauliflower and broccoli from the farmers market.

Have a lovely day. /color]
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:03 pm

Lori-

That My Girlfriends shop is closing shortly - so the only one will be in Logan, their original shop. Sad for me, as they have all my Kimberbell patterns that I get in trouble with!

Yes I have lots of shops and lots of quilters too!

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Hello everyone Had a busy day Went with DGS & his family to the Zoo It didn’t open until 11 so we were to the Children’s Museum and they really enjoyed it Came back & walked my 3 miles Shorter than normal but we had done a lot of walking today
Maryz The food here is unreal They feed you to much and so far it’s all been good The chef makes fresh bread every day but I don’t eat bread glad you made it home safe
Tina Happy you got rest and feel better
Take it slower
Lori Cleaning seems so necessary but it doesn’t stay clean Constant job Glad you found lots of quilt shops
Jana Sorry your shops closed but you always seem to find one lol
Tonite it was Quiche & butter pecan pie but I just had a small dish of coffee ice cream And he made cranberry walnut bread Melon for salad
Sorry Irish is still not doing well Thanks Mary for updating us
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 pm

Good Evening,

Maryz - It does sound like you hit the ground running!

Tina - Glad you are resting. Hope you feel better soon.

Becca - Sounds like you are living well. The food sounds very good.

Jana - We had a "casual" dinner too - leftovers! Nice and easy.

As said dinner was leftovers.
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”