Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:30 am

Good morning,

I was up at 3:30 with a fussy dog and a leg cramp. The dog is happy now, but my leg will be sore all day. Ouch.

Yesterday was laundry, grocery shopping, and kitchen work. I did manage to sneak in some sewing time here and there through the day. Then at 3:30 we all went to friends for a couple happy hours, sitting out by their koi pond. Today will be last minute packing for our camping trip. We're leaving tomorrow morning and will be back Friday. We'll be 4 couples for 4 nights in Yakima. I am doing a taco supper for the whole crowd tomorrow night and I'm doing as much cooking and prep work as I can today. The plan is to have tacos, refried beans, and Mexican rice. We'll be cooking on the outdoor stove and using some small crockpots outside. Temps will be in the 90's. Ugh. We're taking a couple large fans and I have a porous tank top I put on wet and sit in front of the fans. Works pretty well to cool me off.

CAROL - you got a lot of things done yesterday! I love sheets and towels dried on the line, too. They smell so good! We also have alerts sent to both our phones the minute our credit card is used. Usually before we even leave the check-stand. Before that was available, we had our card used fraudulently about 3 times. Twice while we were traveling and it really complicated things when we had to cancel our card.

TINA - do you have fish in your pond, too, or just turtles. I've forgotten. Yes, it was fun all sewing together the other day and turned out sewing on the same thing - OWL June! I just didn't know we were having a "sew-in" until we were all done for the day! lol!

LORI - your friend's sewing space sounds amazing! Remember Pam who used to be on the forum? Georgia Peach, I think, was her forum handle. Cindy and Sue used to go visit her for a sew-in about once a year and she had about 3,000 sq feet of sewing room - the basement of her 3-story house. Plus 33 machines set up throughout the house. Cindy and Sue never had to take a machine! I need a friend like that! :lol:

I will discuss supper with my sis tonite, but I'm thinking it will be Costco's frozen lasagna, a salad, and garlic bread. Or I will make my own pesto pasta.

I'm not sure if I'll be around this week so as far as suppers go, our friend, Tex, is making spaghetti for the crowd on Tuesday. My sis is taking some food, too, but I don't know what. The fourth couple usually doesn't contribute much food, but if you'd ever tasted the weird foods that she makes, you'd know that is a lucky break for the rest of us. I have enough frozen burgers in our freezer to get us through if necessary.

How about you? What will you be making?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 4th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:50 am

Good morning all!
Mary, sorry about your leg cramp, are you drinking plenty of water?
Don't you use your AC in your 5er? 90 is when I start wilting and we're going to be that and a little higher all week long 🥵 but it could be worse.... like in the 100's yucky!
Yes, I have fish in my pond. No Koi sadly because a Blue Heron ate them on me but I may get more this year.
Becca, are you moved in?
We had tacos last night and I'm thinking tonight will either be pork chops or chicken with corn on the cob and salad.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:54 am

Good Morning,

Mary - Safe travels to all of you on your way to Yakima. Sounds like a great way to send Tina and Al off on their trip to Colorado. May they too have safe travels. Good idea to do prep work at home. It certainly makes it easier.

Tina - We were at 60* this morning with 83% humidity. It is no wonder the sheets took so long to dry. The sun did come out in the afternoon with a bit of breeze and helped them to dry.

Yesterday I made Quinoa with dried apricots, cranberries, cherries, raisins and walnuts. It was pretty good. I had it for dinner and DH had a small portion and leftover pizza. He said the pizza was better, but he ate the quinoa. I told him it is something to get used to eating. I reminded him that babies didn't like everything, but they were given it several times to get used to different flavors. I only made a half cup of quinoa, so we ate it all.

Today I would like to make farro. I have a recipe for a Farro Salad with Cherries I would like to try. I think that will be dinner.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:30 pm

Tina, when I was a kid we had ponds in the backyard. The racoons and cats would eat the fish my parents put in there.

Carol, men are just big babies. lol

Mary, waking up with leg cramps are the worst. Have fun camping. Hopefully there will be a nice breeze and you can sit in the shade.

I've been watching quilting videos this morning on The Quilt Show. They had a special, so of course I bought it for a year. I actually feel like I already go my monies worth. Lots of good techniques.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”