Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, June 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, June 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've kind of lost track of what day it is on any given day. Having extended guests can mess with your routine. Yesterday my sis did laundry and spent the afternoon rearranging her trailer storage so I hung out in my sewing room. I made the 3 small June OWL blocks and started tracing the next few blocks. Then we went to the local tavern and had burgers for an early supper. Today is still a mystery. I need a few things at the store for our camping trip. Also, we're going to friends tonite for a happy hour sitting out by their large koi pond so I need to make an appetizer. I have some mini-egg rolls in the freezer and I might just do those and forget trying to get creative and make something from scratch.

JANA - what fun to go out to supper with just the big girls! How are Sandee's trip plans coming along? I do hope she gets to use her new trailer this summer. Nice to have a purrfect haircut. I love my new short 'do' but I needed a trim and she went a little overboard with it. Now I'm having trouble getting my hair to behave. Hopefully another couple weeks and it will be just right again.

LORI - sewing at a friend's house would be fun, I think. Do you both work on your own projects while you visit or on something together? I have no local friends who sew - just all my Q-buds. Did ALL of us work on the June blocks yesterday? :D Happy Birthday to Jack!! Give him a hug and a kiss for me! (yes, I kiss dogs. And cats, too, of course!)

TINA - I've always lined every oven I've ever had for 52 years and so did my mom. Neither of us have ever had a problem with it, though I have heard some folks say it's not a good idea. It works for me. I hear you on applique stitching hurting your neck/back. It does mine, too, so I try to do it in small time increments and then get up and do another activity that stretches my parts and pieces the other direction. And I always try to use a shade or two darker for stitching down my appliques. It's easier to see, but I think it makes the "picture" pop a little more. In the old days, they used black, which gives a whole different look. I hope I answered your OWL focus fabric question yesterday.

So, supper tonite will most likely be whatever appetizers we have at our friends. Our egg rolls and maybe a dish of green olives will be our offering. Or I could make some meatballs and put them into Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in a small crockpot . . . .

What's the supper story at your house?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, June 3rd

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:31 am

Good Morning,
Yesterday we had homemade vegetarian pizza and a green salad. I laundered the sheets and towels, changed the bed and cleaned the bathroom and went to the gym. I hung the sheets on the line. They took quite a while to dry. It was overcast most of the day. I also ironed five shirts for dh. One quilt back is now pressed and ready to layer. I hope to baste today!

I also had to cancel a credit card because someone else was fraudulently trying to use it to set up recurring charges on Netflix. I am so glad I have alerts sent to me whenever the card is used. I have my alert amount set at $1.00. First, they tried $1.72 to see if the card was active. They credited that amount and then set up the Netflix. I got three alert emails and called the credit card company.

Maryz – My range directions say not to line it with foil as well. I do try to place a lined cookie sheet under dishes likely to spill over. I have a self-cleaning oven.

Lori – Glad you got sewing done at a friend’s house. Do you do hand work or do you take a sewing machine?

Jana – Dinner out with the “girls” sounds like a lot of fun!

Dinner tonight is a big question mark? I need to look for a recipe. I would like to try farro or quinoa as a side dish, but still have a lot of the pearl barley salad left. I think I still will make quinoa.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:39 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, it was fun thinking others were working on OWL along with me, a big open space sew along across the miles.
Oh yes thank you, you answered the focus fabric question. I really appreciate it ❤
Your meatballs sound yummy LOL I vote for those. I like egg rolls but usually not store bought for some reason.
Carol, here your sheets would dry in 20 minutes even on cloudy days, my pond outside is having to be topped off every other day because it's evaporating several inches each day, we're so dry.
Oh that just frustrates me so much when that's happens to CC or anything that isn't theirs really. I hope it all gets worked out quick.
I have to see if Jazmyne will be here for supper before I can look to see what I'm making. She came over yesterday at supper and all we were eating were leftovers that weren't really enough for 3 but we shared and had popcorn later. I want to make sure I have enough for 4 tonight if she's staying, it's Dad's night too.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:11 pm

Mary, I lose track of days just because. When do you go camping again?

Tina, it is fun seeing everyone's version on the OWL. It is very labor intensive, but I'm enjoying creating the houses. That's were I got ideas from the house swap embellishments.

Carol, they are fishing. They make small purchases to see if anyone will notice. It you don't they go for the big buys. It's happened to us several times. It's very frustrating.

When I sew at my friends house, I take my machine. She has a very large sewing studio. It was the caretakers suite before they bought it. It's a wonderful sewing space. I worked on some blocks I had put away in March.

Today we had a new guild member luncheon. It was nice to meet the new quilters that just joined our guild. Some new to quilting, some have been quilting for years.

Dinner will be pizza.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”