Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 29, 2023 6:53 am

Good morning,

Wishing everyone a nice Memorial Day as we remember all of those brave service men and women who have given their lives for the sake of our freedom. May we never forget.

Al & Tina are taking a day and a night to go visit their son in Seattle. They will leave their trailer and their cat with us and be back tomorrow evening. So we have an entire day to ourselves! I plan to sew up a storm today! Going to work on the three 6" OWL May blocks and make a few June lotto blocks. I might even get my third flannel shirt cut out. But first - I have a few uglies to do. My kitchen floor is still sticky from making jam. Plus I need to wash all the jars of jam and put them away. I can't wait until raspberries come on - my favorite!

TINA - when will Jaz turn 16? And she'll get her license then? Maybe we should get your SIL and my DIL together. A match made - well - not in heaven. :cry: I hope your weather stays on track. Have you checked long range forecasts with Farmers Almanac - just for interest's sake? We are 68 and cloudy all this weekend, but we're going to Yakima next week for 4 days and it's going to be in the upper 90's. Last year, the first week of June, we had to wear jackets!

Last night we had a nice ham dinner with scalloped potatoes and green beans. Tonite, with just Bill and me, we'll eat up the leftovers and plan new food for Tuesday.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 29

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 29, 2023 7:09 am

Good morning all!
I agree, may this country never forget 🙏

Mary, she turns 16 the end of July but she already has her 2nd license. She had her learner's permit for 9 or 10 months, she took driver's ed when she was 14 and they made her wait till she was 15 to get her certificate,
so she went down that week and got it LOL and now she has her provisional license, it has curfew restrictions and only 1 non family member in the vehicle restrictions but otherwise it's pretty much a regular license.
You'll laugh but I've already matched up your DIL to him in my head several times LOL
I haven't checked the Farmers Almanac in years, we used to buy it but haven't for a long time, maybe I should....I really hope we are getting out of this drought.
I bet your jam is yummilicious! I probably should do my floors too but I'd really rather play LOL. Enjoy your you day!
Our yards are all mowed and weed eated and watered so I'm planning on being in my sewing room and possibly doing some uglies.
Supper tonight maybe something on the grill but I need to go see what we have first.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 29, 2023 8:41 am

Mary, have a fun sew day. I'm sure you'll get lots done. I haven't made any of the extra blocks for OWL yet. Are they easy? I did buy the focus fabric for some center pieces.

Tina, The picture of Jaz in the trunk was funny. Tell her if she puts bodies in there to line it with heavy duty plastic first. lol

I've been sewing and doing things around the house. I have 2 quilts that need binding sewn down, but I just haven't been in the mood to do that. I also have my house blocks trimmed and up on the design wall.
I just love them. I think I will just do a thin sashing so I can hang it in my sewing room. First I need to do dad's grocery shopping this morning. Hopefully the store won't be too crowded due to the holiday.
Then I'll come home and let Jack take me for a walk. It's only been about 65-66 degrees for the high the last 2 weeks. Overcast and cool. I guess I should enjoy it before the summer heat.

Dinner will be teriyaki chicken, rice, and veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Hello everyone What a great visit I had with my DGS & his family Made the most of each day We went shopping this morning I got a step stool for kitchen Have to wait on other things until we go up tomorrow & measure We have a very busy one planned for tomorrow Bank business,shots, new hearing aids then go to Lake Pt for RN to check me & pay first month Thurs is also jam packed then move Friday morning
I am amazed Jaz is old enough to drive Time flies
Maryz Enjoy your free sewing day
That jam will be delicious Yummy
Lori Hope not too many are shopping so you can get done quickly
We had blueberry pancakes last night and fruit salad
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Good afternoon!

I can finally use my desk area, a tiny bit! I have been working on the Batt Cave disaster! It is a royal mess! It almost looks like a hoarder might live here! With everything piled up high and deep! LOL!

I posted over in photos the picture of my Karlie and the polar bear. I can only upload pictures to here from my desk top, so I finally did it!

Well, the proverbial they lied! 2 pm and guess what rolled in! You win the prize! My basement windows are absolutely covered in mud sploshes - I can hardly see out! They will have to wait until another day.

Dinner - unknown, but there are many choices if we cook. The car may just know the way somewhere!

I have re-folded and consolidated 10 baskets at this time. Still 15 to go. There's been a lot of pitching of teeny tiny scraps - only keeping the bigger ones and some of the fabric that falls in to the category of what was I thinking, is being donated. Some of those are from Sarah when she cleaned out her fabric and brought it down to my house, so now I get to deal with it!

The kids are hoping with their contract on the house to move around the 15th of June - most everything they own is still boxed and toted on storage racks at Sandee's across the street. The new house is about 7 blocks from here and there are a ton of trucks and trailers in this family - so it could be done with siblings help in one trip! Daniel has a utility trailer as well. What will take more time is all the cars - jeeps, trucks, mustangs, etc to haul over there. I think that some of them will still live in Sandee's extra third car garage - it hold two of them right now.

Well, baskets of fabric aren't getting folded as long I as I play here,

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 29, 2023 4:15 pm

Good Afternoon

Maryz - Sounds like you had a very ambitious day planned today. Hope you got it all done!

Tina - Hope the drought is over for you! Hope it stays cooler for you too. I admit though I am ready for some 75* weather. I would like to see the sun! It hasn't been showing up very much lately.

Jana - You described how I remembered Daniel was storing things. I am sure the vehicles will all find a way to get to the new house if they are supposed to go there. Glad you have made progress in organizing your sewing space.

Lori - You sound like you are having a very nice weekend - relaxing.

Dinner tonight will be Parmesan Chicken.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”