Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:02 am

Good morning!

Happy April Fool's Day! I guess Mother Nature has been pulling enough jokes on everyone across the country lately that we don't need to do any ourselves! I hope all are well in the storms. We have friends in St. Louis - another couple named Bill & Mary - and I pray they are OK there. Not to mention Chickie who lives in SE Kansas. As of last night, they were fine, too, just windy.

Yesterday was laundry and uglies. Ugh. But I had the afternoon to sew. I sewed the binding on my Christmas Swap quilt and started working on my cats for Kumquat. And Bill loaded up my Christmas Blizzard and got one row of snowflakes quilted on it. The pattern, from a magazine, was called Christmas Garland and done in reds and greens, but I saw it in blue/white/silver and changed the name. Today will be more cat work. I'm in the mood to bake, too, but for my birthday I was "gifted" with 2 extra pounds that I did not need, so maybe I'll put baking on the back burner . . . We still have half a carrot cake in the freezer anyway.

CAROL - Sounds like you have a very nice lot! Nowadays, there's barely room to push a wheelbarrow between homes. When my DSIL bought a BBQ, he had to take it through the house to get it to the back yard because it wouldn't fit between the houses. We have tried simplifying our yard work, letting Mom Nature have some of it back. It's saving me a lot of work. Are you along a residential street?, in a neighborhood?, court? semi-rural? We used to be rural but not so much anymore with all the houses being built. We live on 2-1/2 acres, set back ~150 feet from county road.

BECCA - what a find! Furniture for your future deck. I'm excited for you to have your own place again, but staying with Denise and Mark for a while makes a good transition. Has Baby Frances gone home from hospital? What is her middle name?

TINA - does your dusty neighbor actually grow anything or does he just plow/harrow the property every year? That and the wind itself does make it difficult for Frankie to finish up the siding.

I think supper tonite is going to be stuffed peppers here. We haven't had them in years. And cooked carrots. Haven't had those in a long time either. Probably because they aren't my favorite veggie, but they are edible and we have a lot of them in the fridge. I tend to cook what I like best.

And what are you liking for your supper?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 1st

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 am

Carol, DH hired a gardener a couple month ago. He just couldn't keep up with his back.
There comes a time when you just have to let other people help. It's not worth the pain.

Mary, only quilts so far? That's not too bad. When she get older and has a BFF, you can make them matching quilts. How fun would that be?

Becca, what a great find. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new furniture.

I cleaned yesterday. More today. It's the never ending project. I also finished quilting my spool quilt and got a flange binding on a cute Churn dash quilt. I'll post a picture in photos. I also did a little knitting last night. It was a very productive day. We'll see how today goes.

Dinner will be chicken on the grill with potatoes and zucchini.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:55 am

Hello everyone A balmy windy day here after thunderstorm this morning with rain
The sun peeped out one time
Avery is here for the weekend She’s bring some laughter to us we have been playing a board game
Her egg hunt was canceled due to storms
We got the furniture cleaned washed & stored until I get moved
Maryz Her middle name is Carolyn after her Mother & Grandmother
Your little one will have a quilt a day
They brought the baby home late afternoon yesterday They had a good first night
Lori Have a nice weekend after your trip
Denise had steak thawing. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:46 am

Hi everyone. I have been missing lately. I truly don't know how time slips away. I did a pork loin earlier in the week with my rotisserie. Not a good choice for rotisserie cooking. Oh, it's taste was wonderful, but not at all tender enough for me. Second night I simmered two slices in sauce pan to reheat. I froze other slices. Thursday, I got the slow cooker out. Sliced onion, some carrots, celery, and extra water. Simmered for about two hours. Better, but still not tender like I personally like it. So last night I cut up the last two pieces into tiny little pieces. Simmered again with juices while I prepared rice a Roni beef flavor. During the last ten minutes, I stirred the meat into the rice. It was great! Now we have enough left for tonight again.
I feel like we have been eating this for a week. Well actually, I guess we have LOL. Gotta have something different tomorrow for sure.
I am painting my son's Marine plaque. When I finish his, we will spray his and ours both with clear coat to seal them. Make them both more weather-proof.
I put my hummingbird feeders out today . The little birds have been spotted near St Louis, so they are headed our way. I want to be ready. Several years while RVing I had the little creatures buzzing around me when we arrived to the campground. As if to say, " Where have you been"? "We are waiting for you!!"
I love to see them back in Spring.
Gotta scoot. Have a great afternoon.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:21 am

Good afternoon!

Between sessions of General Conference and have dinner planned. Hamburgers on a everything bagel seasoning topped bun. Side to still be determined.

Not much else happening here. The snow is mostly gone. And we are warming a tad. Spring will be late and very short I think!

Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - We live in a residential neighborhood near the Port of Los Angeles. There are five lots in a row that go from one street to another at the bottom of the slope. I am sure it is because of the slope of the land. By the end of the week, you will have a new granddaughter. You must be getting very excited!

Jana - It is early spring. I think there is always an overlap in the seasons. It is beautiful here today. I look forward to some warmer days. Do you get your little girls Easter dresses? I remember with fond memories getting a new dress for Easter.

Becca - You and Mary have many girl quilts in your future.

Lori - We had a gardener and the neighbor chased him off. DH thinks he can handle it and I pretty much let him do the work now.

Vel - Sounds like you made good use of the pork tenderloin! Sorry it wasn't tender. Did you brine it?

Dinner tonight will be Chicken and Rice with a side of vegetables and a side salad.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Yes, I got the little girls dresses last week. They are hidden at their house as a surprise. I usually got them matching dresses, but alas that's no more.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:27 pm

Hi everyone! I'm late, it's bedtime.
Mary, this farmer farms other parts but not this 100+ acres, here just keeps moving the dirt, it's like powder now. It has weeds finally growing on it from all the rain we had last summer and it was really helping it not blow the dirt around. I told Frankie I was going to go get him out of his home in Cruces and tie him to a stake east of his mess and let him try to breath in it.
Lori, your yesterday sounds very nice and productive. Looking forward to pics.
Becca, glad you found some patio furniture, they sound like a treasure for you.
Velda, I put a feeder out yesterday, they should've already been spotted here but we've been colder than usual. I'm keeping my eyes on the lookout.
Jana, we're actually having cooler Spring temps this year, I'm trying to enjoy it but we're almost hitting 80° in a couple days... it'll be short lived.
Carol, I think we're going to have to find a helper for outside work soon. We've noticed we're hanging difficulties lifting the windows these days.
Well we had 3 soccer games to watch, did a little yardwork and kinds just enjoyed the beautiful day.
We had a blizzard for supper 😂🤣😂🤣
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”