Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day - Chiropractor, Costco to pick up my new glasses, sewing, and yard work. We ended the day about 2:30 when we built a fire outside and relaxed for while, fireside, and admired all our hard work. Though there's a lot more to do so I hope to be outside again today even though it will be 10 degrees cooler. At least we're starting to get temps on some days that are warm enough to be outside. My sister and dbil just told us they are planning to visit for 2 weeks, end of May-ish. They will be in their RV. All our guests have to bring their own accomodations. lol! But we need to get our yard cleaned up of all the winter debris, just like we clean the house for "normal" guests. But before anything, it's back to Costco to get my glasses adjusted. They aren't sitting right.

BECCA - congratulations on the new little baby!! A pink baby!! And named after you!! What an honor. I'm thrilled for you. What time was she born yesterday? My walks now are usually through developments, too, since they bulldozed all our woods and built houses. There used to be a neat trail through the woods that I walked every day. Scottie - and before him, Snickers - could run loose and chase rabbits and squirrels. But the yards are nice, too, especially in spring. And to be honest, Scottie is so accustomed to being on leash he doesn't care where he walks as long as he walks.

JANA, the Meanie - lol! Love it - princess etiquette! I wonder how long you will be able to get away with that!

CAROL - quilt shows are always a great idea! The only one we have around here any more is in Puyallup - but the drive there is long and a big old headache. And with Covid and our travels, I haven't been in some years now. Glad you went to D-land when the weather was good! Our last visit was 3 days (my girls planned it all) over Christmas. And it rained hard on Christmas - our last day. We were pretty tired by then.

We have bacon and potatoes that need to be et up so I'm thinking of making potato soup in the crockpot for supper. And a salad. I also have a drawer full of fresh veggies. I'm already hungry for supper!

Got any tasty ideas for your supper?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 30th

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:40 am

Good Morning,
It rained overnight and is still raining this morning.
Becca – Congratulations! A healthy baby namesake! You must be over the moon happy!
Jana – Great idea to have the girls behave like princesses! I hope they don’t totally act like princesses and want to be waited on and don’t want to do housework although it sounds like you have them working as well. Maybe they pretend to be ladies in waiting while they work. Congratulations to Kate! She is hanging in Fire Camp.

Maryz – You got the new glasses. Why is it we always need to go back to have them adjusted? We need to get yardwork done too. The weeds have just been growing with all this rain. DH has been getting outside a little just not enough to keep ahead of the weeds. I think I will try to get outside today or tomorrow depending on the weather. The house needs a big spring cleaning but I want a nice day to do it.

I promised myself I would go to the gym today. I need to lift weights. I use the elliptical to get in my steps and read at the same time. However the car needs gas so I need to dress and go to the corner. I have been buying it at Costco where it is significantly less expensive so I may just buy half a tank.

Dinner will be Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, salad and vegetable. (I know it is a repeat of last night’s dinner.)
Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:22 am

Hi everyone!
Becca, congratulations on a pink baby with your name ❤❤❤
Mary, we need to do yard work really bad too but we've been using our less windy days to put siding up and a new window. We only have about 10 feet left to do but a window has to come out for the old siding to be removed and then the new siding up and window back in. Then the painting will start. I'm walking most of the time now without anything helping, just a cane if I'm away from the house or outside where I don't have something to hang into if needed.
Carol, we could sure use rain! We're having a brownout today so it's all inside stuff today. We Spring clean every week or so here anymore, it's a pain but I can't stand to leave it. I only used to have to Spring clean once in the Spring but with the draught and this farmer to the west of us who doesn't know how to do things the right way it's an every week thing now.

People think because I live in the desert that's how it is but really it's never been this way until the draught hit and this crazy farmer. I love farmers but not this inconsiderate one. He's been turning this dirt for 4 years now and keeping it like silt and doesn't plant anything, has no water to it, nothing. He just has a worker drive around everyday moving dirt. I read the history on the Dust Bowl which NM was a big part of and the EPA enacted the clean air bill because of the farmers but did you know that farmers are exempt? Crazy huh, the cause is exempt from the law that was created for them. That's what lining politicians pockets does. 🤦‍♀️

I need to look in the freezer and see what's for supper, it's a surprise to even me LOL
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:51 am

Hello to all Been gorgeous here today Zi got walk in early then helped Denise I dressed bed did dish clean up Mark did blueberry pancakes for Breakfast so it was a mess to clean but oh so tasty
They have gone to pick up Avery for week end It’s a 11:2 hr drive 1 way They will spend night & bring her home with them

Maryz I sill have trouble believing the baby has my name She was born last night Weighs 6 Lb 14 ozs so she has growing to do She has some dark hair & is so precious

Tina That dust must drive you bonkers What a waste of land Thry need a cover crop at least Politicians can be crooked & especially where money is concerned

Carol Hope you get those weights lifted That helps upper body strength
Yes I had trouble getting to sleep last night
What joy she brought to us
I will have the B last of chicken & a salad I may do green veggies
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:02 pm

Good afternoon!

Becca what a wonderful, sweet tribute to such a loving grandmother! I got the her part right! Just a nice size baby.

Mary - OK- your next, maybe your new baby will be Mary Kumquat! :)

Carol - weeds - the bain of my - everyone- existence! I grow great ones!

Tina- uggh dust! Glad to hear you're getting around better.

We got back from the eye doctor. The Dr found two cataracts in the right eye. He wants to wait, he feels another three or four years before they cause problems. Also adjusted Michael's glasses, as the bifocal lines were slightly off, causing depth perception problems. Hopefully this works. No more appointments for a year. He is watching the retina neuropathy as well,, no new problems there..

Dinner - the stroganoff didn't get made last night, so it's tonight's fare. We did Chinese takeout yesterday.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:39 pm

Good evening.

Becca, how sweet to have the baby named after you.

Mary, I know you are ready to welcome your sweet grandchild. How many quilts have you made her so far?

I've been busy catching up on everything from being gone last week.

Dinner was cereal.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”