Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:55 am

Good morning,

I was wide awake at 0300 this morning and finally gave up trying to go back to sleep. So here I am. Foxy thinks he should get his breakfast, but if I'm waiting on coffee, he can wait on his Friskies.

We are only 33* this morning but hoping to get to 55* later this afternoon. We finished our big bout of house cleaning since our bug-bombing. I think we found a total of about 15 dead/dying stink bugs. I hope that's it for them. I hated to kill any spiders, too, because they do good things, but they were collateral damage. After all the chores were done I had about 5 hours to play in my sewing room. Hours in there seem to go so much faster than hours doing uglies. I never got my banana bread made but will do that this morning before I hit the sewing room. If I don't, I'll forget - again - and then may as well throw the bananas away.

CAROL - what day in July will you be 75? Bill will be 75 on the 20th. I must still feel quite young myself because I can't believe I'll be sleeping with a 75 yr old man! :lol: Do you have special plans yet to celebrate? Glad you got to see your friend and have lunch.

JANA - so sorry you lost a good friend. It's happening to us, too, more and more. Matt et al will have a good time visiting Gramma and riding their toys. Utah has the best riding of any state in the union!

BECCA - Nice for Denise to have a folder in the house! She isn't going to want to let you go when summer comes!

TINA - how far along is that bee quilt now?

We ate up the last of our leftovers last night so I think tonite we'll have chicken alfredo and a salad.

What's the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 27th

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:16 am

Hello everyone
Cloudy here in 60s Mark is out washing my car It was in much need
I wanted to walk because it is already in 60s Got my bed stripped and will wait until I get bed dressed Laundry is doing its job
Ladies Irish & I are the oldest or youngest on here I know I don’t feel old either & Im blessed with good health I just try to stay very active and busy I think that’s one of the keys

Maryz Im sure Denise & Mark will be happy to have their house back to themselves but they are So very good to me
CAs birthday was in July also July 5 He was supposed to be on the 4 th
I wrote about Gabriel in Sew-ins

I’ve no clue in Dinner yet Out fruit salad was all eat Mark cut up a fresh pineapple which sure added to it
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am

Good morning everyone!
I made it early before I get other things going and forget LOL
Mary, my Bee quilt is in the stage of assembling the blocks now, it took me awhile to get all the pieces sewn together to get ready for the final sewing together of blocks. I had to wait also on some mini charms that I ended up having to order from over the pond. They ended up taking more than a month because GB postal service had been hacked and there was a mess and so my stuff sat ready to go to NY for over a month. I was afraid to sew what I had into blocks in case those ended up a no show and I'd have to come up with another plan..... apparantly I picked fabrics from my stash for this one that were hard to find things that went with now..... it's made up of several different lines but all the same designer. I'm really loving it though! 1 day I figured a different border but I'll have to see if I have enough when I get to that stage....I think I will 🤞
I'm glad you got rid of all the stink bugs.
Becca, we're supposed to finally have a nice day in the 60's today too and I'm planning on being outside as much as possible and enjoying it, my flowers need watering and I need to mix up some hummer food, they should be showing up any day now and I don't want to miss them. They usually come through earlier but we've been very cold this year and were still dropping below freezing temps and the wind has made it worse.
Supper tonight will be chicken fried steaks, rice and a veggie.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:45 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - My birthday is on the luckiest day of the year 7/11. No special plans yet. I think the Long Beach Quilt Show is the weekend before. Their classes were posted this morning and I need to look at them. I see several that are sound interesting. I like supporting the shows.

Becca - Our temperatures will be in the mid 60's today with sunny skies. Enjoy the walk and nice weather. It must be fun to be surprised by what is for dinner after so many years of being in charge of what was for dinner. I like it when it is leftovers or reservations.

Jana - Sorry for the loss of your friend. I can understand Michael's reluctance to eat at a restaurant. If your hotel room has a microwave and refrigerator, perhaps take something with you that can be fixed in the room. I do that when I go to Road to California although we do tend to have dinner in the dining room of hotel, but I have had canned soup for dinner.

Tina - It is good to see you. You ordered fabric from Great Britain? Wow! I never even look at fabric from other countries. Sounds like you are feeling better and getting some sewing done.

Dinner tonight will be the chicken that I need to go purchase. I am going to be sewing most of the day. Just one of the projects.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:07 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, my BD might be the unlucky-est , I was born on a Friday the thirteenth! But then again, 24 years later, almost to the minute, I had my Sarah! Our birth times are only off by three minutes.

Home from getting my scavenger list done. We are having chille rellanos, sweet pork burritos, rice, and beans. I just finished blistering the Anaheim peppers and they are in the bag steaming. I have some leftover sweet pork meat that will fill the enchiladas. Kari and I are the chille rellanos fans. Karlie will have a deconstructed burrito, no shell. She hates both the corn or flour.

Mary - your a busy bee! Glad you got all those nasty stink bugs! Are they big, might be like what we call a potato bug? I hate those and we don't have them here in Utah. As for Sandee and Sarah, I'm not sure of their plans. The only thing I know is that they are going across the border to the Bouchard Gardens. They are getting their passports for the trip. It's sometime in July, so if you're booked, don't worry about it. They will look up your site.

Carol - my Aaron's birthday is 7/7 and if he was the first of my children, it would have been, 7/7/77! He missed that by 10 years, he's the youngest. Sarah is my 19- 77 baby.

Seems as if we are all married to 75 year olds. Michael turns that on 8/6 this year. I'm the young-un, just turned 70.

It's looking more like we won't be going to Boise. Still weighing the options. Michael has a eye doctor appointment that he needs on Thursday. We can leave right after that, so we may still go. I have ways to cook, especially his breakfast that we always take. There's always, Taco Bell or Mickey D's, if we get desperate. It's only one day! There's a Costco in Twin Falls, where we fuel for pizza or a hot dog. Lots of gourmet choices! LOL!

Well, time to finish getting dinner made,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”