Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:53 pm

Well, I typed this out this morning about 6:30 my time. And I found I posted it under yesterday's supper club! lol! Guess I should have my coffee before try thinking!

Good morning,

We got home yesterday about 10:30. We got the trailer emptied and today I'll clean, but that won't take long. We were only gone 4 days. The real work was in the house because we'd set off those bug bombs. I got laundry going - ended up doing it all - 3 loads - and wiped down all surfaces, polished furniture, swept floor, vac'd living room, and ran a sanitizing cloth over the soft furniture in the living room. Then I made a veggie tray and galric bread, and set the table for 6 with my pretty multi-colored Fiesta Ware. Bill had the Costco frozen lasagnas ready to go. Friends came and we had salad and cake and a good time! Today will be one more load of wash- tablecloth and napkins - clean trailer, and also downstairs. This afternoon I plan to work on my HSH swap blocks. Then we have a funeral to go to at 4pm.

BECCA - I hope Denise's eye heals without any after-effects. I think today is Due Day for your baby!! Exciting! I can't wait to see if you have a boy or girl and the name. We have two more weeks for ours, but at least we know she's a girl.

VELDA - I know you are off with family right now. Happy reunion!! Our SIL was president of their HOA for a year. There were about 200 homes. It was a pain for him because there are always people who don't/won't comply with HOA rules. And it was his job to nag them about it. But with just 12, I bet you won't have many issues.

JANA - Nope! The Warm Factory is in Elma, WA, east of Olympia, about 40 mi inland from the beach, just before you get to Gray's Harbor and Aberdeen on Hiway 8 (in case you have a WA map handy). As far as I know it's always been there. Now the Pendleton Wool factory is in Pendleton, which is in Northeast Oregon. We've toured that and shopped the store they have there. The Warm Factory is just that - factory only, no store, no tours. They employ 15 people. We pull up to the loading dock and a dock guy brings out our big box of batting.

CAROL - sounds like our days yesterday were very similar, after we got home from camping. I did all the same things you did. And yes, no (live) bugs at the party! I did find 5 dead ones, though, as I vacuumed, and I see no more this morning after having a warm fire last night, so I think they are gone! We had a LOT of stink bugs on our deck last summer but I've now read certain plants repel them, (like rosemary, for one) so I'm going to add them to our deck decor this year.

There is going to be food at the funeral we are going to this afternoon, so that will probably be our supper, whatever it is. Though we have leftover lasagna, plus leftover cooked chicken I could use for alfredo if we end up not staying for the food. And now you have a peek at what tomorrow's supper might be, too. :D

What might be you be enjoying this evening?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 25

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:02 pm

Hello Late here I got my 2 walks in We had a breezy windy 2 days Tomorrows rain is due in
Maryz Denises eye is looking better She’s doing drops Dr gave her
Yes today was the day No baby yet My first was 3 weeks late
We had pizza for Dinner They went to Italian restaurant & brought big home
Good night Becca

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 25

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:06 pm

Maryz - Glad to hear the bug bomb worked as it should. You must have had a wonderful time with your friends. Did your friends have their doctor appointment while you were gone?

Becca - Glad Denise's eye looks better.

I got lots done today. I went to Costco, picked up a new set of headphones at Best Buy, retrieved my Nook (left behind yesterday) from the gym then later picked up the new prescription for eye drops that were recalled and went to grocery store. We had Teriyaki Chicken with Rice this evening for dinner.

Now Mary is going to ask about the recall so I will tell you. I got a letter almost two weeks ago that the lot number of one of the prescription eye drops I take was recalled. I called and the Pharmacist told me she would order it. I stopped by this week and they hadn't received it. The pharmacist suggested a different formulation and said they would call the Doctor and asked me to call as well, which I did. They called today at 4:15 PM to say it was waiting for me at the Pharmacy. Since the Pharmacy closes at 5:00 PM I drove there immediately to get it. I returned the recalled formulation. The drug is a generic for Alphagan. Interestingly I was taking a 0.15% (recalled some lot numbers) and the new one is 0.20% same drug. The insurance company wanted me to change because the 0.20% has been on the market longer and is less expensive. Be assured the recall has nothing to do with the OTC eye drops that have caused loss of eye and death that you may have heard about on the news. I felt very taken care of by the pharmacist at CVS. They did a wonderful job through all of this. I honestly believe I was the only one this store was dealing with this recall, because they all knew about it and took very good care of me.

Now if you didn't want to read the above paragraph it is perfectly okay. It was a long story just know I am fine.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”