Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club. Friday, March 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club. Friday, March 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:27 am

Good morning!

What a great birthday I had! Even got my stormy day at the ocean. Visited a quilt shop I’ve never been to before, (and yes, I bought a little bit of fabric for home sweet home swap backgrounds 😇), and had dinner at Bills sister and brother-in-law‘s house. I adore both of them And he made his moms famous chicken enchiladas for us. Someone here asked for his recipe and he said he’s happy to share. I have it! But I forgot who asked! 😜. I will try to remember to post his recipe in the recipe thread sometime in the next couple days. I may need reminding….

We are going home this morning. We will probably be home by 10:30. It’s only a 2 Hour Drive. We set of bug bombs before we left because we kept finding stink bugs in the house. So there will be some cleaning to do when we get home

Bill said Friends texted asking if they could bring a cake over this afternoon. He said yes. A few minutes later other friends texted asking if they could come over, too, so Bill actually invited everybody to come at the same time and he will pop frozen lasagna into the oven. It was supposed to be a surprise but he let me know so I could make the house and myself presentable. We leave the house in good shape when we go away but since we set of bug bombs, everything is going to have to be wiped down and the bathrooms cleaned. It won’t take long. And I will do at least one load of laundry so I can wash the house pillowcases which will have bug bomb residue on them. Ugh. I know Bill will help with all this. He’s good with helping.

Lori, Sounds like you are having a really nice time at your retreat. You had me at “shopping”! We all love that! What did you buy? I bought two grass Prints, some trees, and some sky, all for background for my home sweet home swap blocks.

Becca, You sure do know how to work a flower bed. I bet Denise is grateful for your help. How is her eye? Does Gabriel go back to doctor this week?

So we are having frozen lasagnas from Costco tonight. I have two in the Freezer so we will pop them into the oven. Bill will go get the mail and pick up some garlic bread. Friends Tex & Annette are bringing a salad and Doyle & Susie are bringing a cake. It looks like we’re going to have us a party!!

I wish y’all could be there, too. But since you can’t, what will you be having??

Becca

Re: Supper club. Friday, March 24

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:16 am

Hello everyone sunny here & to be in 80s today We had early appointment for hair cut I was getting shaggy
Maryz Denises eye was a ruptured blood vessel I had one earlier in life She has to put drops in
Gabriel’s appointment is next Week 28
Yes I can still do flower beds alright
Oh my your Birthday just keeps going Just enjoy all the celebrations
I already had my FaceTime with DGS Plus got a long walk in I do 2 developments now They put in sidewalk joining them One is flatter
Have no clue on Dinner yet Sure it will be something good Denise & Mark are both good cooks They don’t use salt or sugar so it’s healthier
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:15 am

Hi, ladies. Oh, Mary, what a fun birthday! You are still celebrating!! 🎉🎂🎉 The HOA turnover went great. Lots of stuff to get organized. Our new Treasurer is away on a trip, so we can't do much until he returns.
We are on the road enroute to our son's house. We will eat out tonight, and sleep at his place. Tomorrow is my family reunion at noon. Then DH and I will head back home, but will be attending a dance tomorrow night. This place where the dance is held serves food before and during the first half of the evening. Always good homemade pies, hot dogs, and usually another choice, like chicken, pork, tacos, chicken noodles, etc. Tomorrow will be a busy time, but all should be fun.
Don't know much else.
Oh my goodness!! All that snow!! Can't imagine!! Suppose to be Spring 🌼🌱🌼 isn't it??
Have a great day doing what ever comes your way. 🤗🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:37 am

Good morning!

Mary - still rock'n at the Z with more partying today! I have been meaning to ask - I thought that the Warm factory was inland - towards Pendleton m not the ocean. Or did it move?

Becca - I too am looking forward to flower beds too. Lots of ideas running through my brain. Hopefully soon for me here!

Velda - Matt served as President as the HOA they lived in with their townhouse a few years ago. It was a huge job and a royal pain! He had to deal with about 75 houses, keeping up with funds for repairs to the roads, parking enforcement, roof replacement and owners who weren't wanting to keep ahead on funding those things, always complaining about the HOA fees. They had a management company too, helping out. Just a heads up with your new HOA. There are tons of rules and regulations for HOA's here that Matt waded through too.

Carol - well done on adding a ribbon to your beautiful quilt!

Dinner - unknown at the moment. All depends on who's here. Maybe a Irish trick- the car knows the way! We'll see.

Depending on the roads out there, we may drive uptown to get the wood for my new shelves. It's snowing and I'm not in the mood to deal with slick roads.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Good Afternoon,

Plans were changed yesterday, and we are having lunch with friend on Sunday now. Dinner last night was Fast Hash.

Maryz - Good for you a surprise party that isn't a surprise. Good thing Bill let you know so you could clean things up a bit. Dead bugs don't sound very good to come home to but better than killing them at a party!

Jana - Thank you. It is sunny here but really windy. I am looking forward to sunny days with little wind. Be careful what you wish for because you may get this wind! I would vote to stay home off the slick roads too! I don't even like driving in rain. There are now so many potholes you cannot see in the rain.

Becca - Thank you too for the good wishes. Sounds like you are going to have a good time working in the garden a bit without too many responsibilities. It sounds like a good transition time. Sort of weans you off of home ownership.

I have done several loads of laundry, cleaned bathroom, kitchen and dining room floors and cleaned kitchen. House is looking better. Dinner tonight is in observance of Lent so it will be meatless.

Carol

purrfect-lady

Re: Supper club. Saturday, March 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:31 am

Good morning,

We got home yesterday about 10:30. We got the trailer emptied and today I'll clean, but that won't take long. We were only gone 4 days. The real work was in the house because we'd set off those bug bombs. I got laundry going - ended up doing it all - 3 loads - and wiped down all surfaces, polished furniture, swept floor, vac'd living room, and ran a sanitizing cloth over the soft furniture in the living room. Then I made a veggie tray and galric bread, and set the table for 6 with my pretty multi-colored Fiesta Ware. Bill had the Costco frozen lasagnas ready to go. Friends came and we had salad and cake and a good time! Today will be one more load of wash- tablecloth and napkins - clean trailer, and also downstairs. This afternoon I plan to work on my HSH swap blocks. Then we have a funeral to go to at 4pm.

BECCA - I hope Denise's eye heals without any after-effects. I think today is Due Day for your baby!! Exciting! I can't wait to see if you have a boy or girl and the name. We have two more weeks for ours, but at least we know she's a girl.

VELDA - I know you are off with family right now. Happy reunion!! Our SIL was president of their HOA for a year. There were about 200 homes. It was a pain for him because there are always people who don't/won't comply with HOA rules. And it was his job to nag them about it. But with just 12, I bet you won't have many issues.

JANA - Nope! The Warm Factory is in Elma, WA, east of Olympia, about 40 mi inland from the beach, just before you get to Gray's Harbor and Aberdeen on Hiway 8 (in case you have a WA map handy). As far as I know it's always been there. Now the Pendleton Wool factory is in Pendleton, which is in Northeast Oregon. We've toured that and shopped the store they have there. The Warm Factory is just that - factory only, no store, no tours. They employ 15 people. We pull up to the loading dock and a dock guy brings out our big box of batting.

CAROL - sounds like our days yesterday were very similar, after we got home from camping. I did all the same things you did. And yes, no (live) bugs at the party! I did find 5 dead ones, though, as I vacuumed, and I see no more this morning after having a warm fire last night, so I think they are gone! We had a LOT of stink bugs on our deck last summer but I've now read certain plants repel them, (like rosemary, for one) so I'm going to add them to our deck decor this year.

There is going to be food at the funeral we are going to this afternoon, so that will probably be our supper, whatever it is. Though we have leftover lasagna, plus leftover cooked chicken I could use for alfredo if we end up not staying for the food. And now you have a peek at what tomorrow's supper might be, too. :D

What might be you be enjoying this evening?

Return to “Chit Chat”