Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club, Wed, March 22

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club, Wed, March 22

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:18 am

Good morning,

Becca, Happy Birthday!! I hope your day is special And you get your favorite supper tonight

Yesterday we read, Took a very long walk, relaxed around the campfire and read some more. Then grilled steaks for supper. Today Will be similar. Perhaps a shorter walk, maybe an 8-mi ride into Westport to poke around. I brought along the last of my fabric scraps, a large shoebox sized tote. I have been working on trimming them into squares, rectangles, and strips so I might work on that today. And if anyone thinks they might need some squares, rectangles, or strips let me know - I’m your gal!

Tina, Great to see you here! Sorry about the dirt. It must be dirt season in New Mexico.

Becca, I hope you find your grief support group helpful. I went to one after Roy died when I was 38. The group itself wasn’t my cup of tea but I did meet one wonderful lady who immediately became a very good lifelong friend, Esther. It turned out she knew my brother and some other good friends of mine.

Velda, We buy chicken breast and Costco already packaged in pairs For the freezer. I think we pay $3.32 a pound. Considering there is no waste I figure that’s a pretty good price.

We’re going to grill chicken tonight w/ Rice-A-Roni on the side. And a salad.

What’s your supper plan for tonight?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club, Wed, March 22

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:39 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Becca! Maryz, you are really having a perfect vacation. Sounds so relaxing. Steaks for dinner yesterday and yummy chicken and rice-a-roni. One of my favorites!
I was going to fix rotisserie pork loin tonight, but DH reminded me that we don't want leftovers because we are leaving Friday to go north to stay at our son's Friday night, and then a family reunion for me on Saturday, then back home to go to a dance Saturday night. Lots of eating out for a few days.
So I hate to report this, but I have "forbidden" fillets in freezer to cook and serve on a bun with tartar sauce. That will be a quick meal.
Hope to sew today. I was busy trying recipes yesterday and missed my chance to sew. LOL
Recipes were winners! I needed some sugar free cookies to take to nursing home as an Easter Treat along with Easter Cards, bibs and more lap quilts.
They have quite a few diebetic residents, so we plan for them, too.
Have a great "hump day"! 🌞🌼💕
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:33 am

Good Morning,

Last night was Guild meeting. It was Quilt Show Wrap-up meeting in which ribbons are given for the viewers choice awards. My Signature Quilt won third place in the Large Pieced Category. I am very pleased!!

Today is my DH's birthday, so I will bake a cake. I will also go get some ice cream at the store. It is raining a bit so we may stay home, but DH may want to go out too.

Becca - Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful day with the sun shining on you all day long.

Vel - I didn't make it here yesterday because I didn't post in the morning, so I know what you mean about posting early!

Maryz - Your trip sounds very relaxing and you sound relaxed.

Today I have lots of sewing to do. I volunteered to piece together part of next year's opportunity quilt. I am working on the rows (row 5 of 7) for my Tennessee Waltz and the Intra-Guild Project I still need to work on. Lot's to do! There is a Zoom today from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM. Hopefully I can sew the whole time. I act as hostess in greeting people.

Dinner may be chicken. Like Vel I managed to thaw the chicken without thinking of DH's birthday. He may decided to have something else. I will ask him when he gets up. I think the cat is waking him right now.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 am

Good morning everyone!
I made it in the am today 🥳
Mary, you only have a large shoebox of scraps? That amazes me! Sounds like you're having a fun time ❤
Vel, gosh you're punch card is full for several days, how fun!
Becca, happy birthday!!
Carol, happy birthday to your DH too! Congrats on your 3rd place ribbon! It is a beautiful quilt ❤
Well we woke up to no hot water this morning, the water heater finally died after 20 years I believe it is. We have a brand new one sitting here for install, it's been sitting here for 4 weeks now. I told Frankie a week ago that the warranty started the day we purchased it and he needed to get it in.....🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Today is a bad day for it to go out because the dishwasher repair guy is scheduled to come anywhere from now till 5pm. We keep getting leaks at the bottom of the door every couple of times running it. It has us baffled and also Lowe's and Whirlpool so they are sending someone out to see what's what and it's not supposed to cost us anything because we have the warranty and extended warranty. 🤞
I think I'll join Vel in forbidden food tonight and possible a salad or a veggie of some kind.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:51 am

Hello to all Rainy here today
Maryz So happy you are having such a great time relaxing
On the grief group meeting it went well I live not close so I won’t go back I don’t think If I lived here I may It could be a support group & you could make friends
Since I don’t plan on staying in area I doubt I go again
Tina Sure hope they get the dishwasher fixed & your water Heater gets in too that’s important
Carol Happy Birthday to your DH Enjoy
Velda Happy sewing day to you
Banned food seems to be popular here

Thank you for all my Birthday wishes
It’s been an eating day so far Breakfast out with Mark Ice cream shops for lunch Itd an old family run that looks like 50s a walk back in time They make all their own ice cream It was delicious
Then Denise is making a big meal for tonight UGh
Hope I don’t break the scales lol
Denise has something wrong with eye she just had surgery on so back to Dr she goes I pray it’s nothing

Have a great day Thanks again everyone for remembering my Birthday Hugs Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Good afternoon!

Marriage is intact. I got the taxes done and we are still speaking to each other. You see, he makes me do them and this year, the tax software with the disk we bought, requires Windows 10, to which Michael balks at having to use and replace perfectly good computers. We still run perfectly fine, windows 7. It a loooong story and since he is the computer guru, he has say. Then there's the argument over having everything scanned in a file on the computer and I want a hard paper copy to work from. So since they're done, I won the paper battle. Now to file them after while.

It's Wednesday, so no idea what's for dinner probably spaghetti. Daniel is working from home, so all are here. Kate's schedule changed, bur it doesn't affect me. She's off at a normal time and will get the girls.

Aaron just did the skid driving course that he has to pass to drive in his job. No cones were hit and he finished second in time to everyone. Only his Sargent has a better time. The police force all had a good laugh at the chief- he failed miserably and wiped out cones all over the course. It was a good day for this test, as it's snowing, again! Michael took Sarah's big truck that has 4 wheel drive to take Ethan to cello.

No RV, yet for Sandee. Still waiting on a computer board.

Not much else happening here. The little girls will be decorating with all my Easter decor. I have a ton - especially bunnies, so they will decide where they all go. We are also making a batch of cookies . It's the basic chocolate chip dough, no chocolate chips, instead, crushed Cadbury chocolate eggs. Not the gooey centers, just solid chocolate. You crush up some and then scoop and add several more on top of the scoop. Hey, it's Grandma's and you always need a cookie there! LOL!

Time to pick up school run kids,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”