Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 am

Good morning,

It looks like we might reach 50* today and even see some sunny hours! Can spring be far away?? Only 40 days! 5-5/7 weeks! 1-1/3 months.

Yesterday I sewed the day away - again. I might get my blocks finished today. If not, tomorrow, and then I can start putting them together. JUDI found us some Bigfoot/trees fabric on-line and we immediately ordered 5 yds for the backing. I'm still trying to decide if I want to have this quilt finished so Bill can take it to Bob Feb 20th when he goes down to Oregon to help tow the trailer home or is our plan to visit Bob in April or May solid enough and we should wait until then? But if I don't have it finished in 12 days, then I guess it's a moot point. :D

Today is chiro, groceries, pick up mail, and then home to make two chicken pot pies. One for us and one for our friends. She is having foot surgery today and I promised to bring supper to them and my recipe makes two pies so that's what we'll be having, too.

(and here is where Foxy walked across my keyboard and deleted my post! I hit ctrl z and whew! it all came back!)

CAROL - how was Calif Adventure? Lee & Lara just spent several days at Disney World in FL celebrating her 51st birthday. The have always been huge Disney fans and celebrate everything with the Mouse. One of my recipes is to marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, then bake it and top it with Dijon sauce. And my sauce is just a roux with Dijon mustard added. But I haven't made that for a while, so Maybe I should get it back into "rotation".

BECCA - oh, it makes me so happy to see you posting again! What are you embroidering? I do love hand embroidery, though I don't do a whole lot of it since that old arthritis got my hands. Is it nice to not have to worry about cooking, or do you sometimes itch to get into the kitchen? Glad to see you are still walking. Most of my walks are also through the neighborhoods that have been built around us on the property where woodsy trails used to be. I remember that the parents of your baby didn't want to know the sex, but I was wondering if they had changed their minds. That baby is due very close to your birthday . . . . You might get a pretty fabulous present this year. We know we're having a girl because she was in vitro fert. Dr's told A&A they had 3 girls and 2 boys and asked which they want first? They chose a girl.

JANA - I'm dying to know how the school meeting went last night. Did Daniel have to haul out his big guns? Was it just with this teacher or was the principle there too? Our friend, Bob, is selling his Arctic Fox bumper pull and going with a 39-ft Momentum fifth-wheel toy hauler by Grand Designs, also a very good brand. He has had Arctix Foxes (made by Northwood Mfg) ever since Arctic Fox has been in business - maybe 30 years. They are manufactured right there in LaGrande, OR where he lives. But the Momentum is what he needs now that he is going full time. He is also buying a Ural motorcycle with a side car (for his dog, Bea). If Sandee might be interested in a gently used, very well cared for bumper pull, we can guarantee the trailer Bob is selling is in excellent condition, has some improvements he's made to it, and she would get a good deal. Bob is absolutely the most honest person we know. I think it's about 28-30 ft and about 2 yrs old.

VELDA -you are really making progress on your goal of 100 quilts! I think you said your group wanted to make 100 quilts in a year. When is that year up? I have a pattern for a black/white/grey quilt that has caught my eye. It's made from half-log cabins and kind of an optical illusion. I tucked the pattern away for possible future project.

Well, guess you know our supper plan - homemade chicken pot pie. I'm going to include a salad and crusty french rolls for us and for our friends since I'll be at the store anyway. I may stop at Goodwill and pick up a baking dish so they don't have to worry about returning any dishes. I don't have a lot of extras.

What's on your menu for tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 8th

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:05 am

Good morning!

Well, as Daniel put it the school wasn't left on fire! The meeting was just with the principal and was supposed to be just 30 minutes, a hour or so later, things did make some progress. They aren't moving Karlie from current class/teacher, but that won't necessarily be so next year. In the Montessori schools, the kids stay with the same teacher for 3 years, grades 1-3. Karlie is in 2nd grade. The principal tried to challenge Karlie's ability to read, etc, from the school she attended in California. The principal said if only she had the test scores, guess what, Daniel had a copy of the testing scores. BAM! In all the scoring, Karlie had the top number, in all but two places and they were almost the top, just one number under the top score. So that argument went out the window. So Daniel will keep the pressure on this teacher to do better, not only for Karlie, but the other kids too. There's a opening on the board of directors at the school, and Daniel is considering applying. He has served on the board of directors over the fire district in California for a number of years. So the school is looking into things. We'll see.

Oops, Lila needs me,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 am

I don't have much time to visit. I have an eye appointment at 2:30. I have had a busy sewing and laundry day. Going out to eat before the dance tonight, so no cooking.
Nothing much to say beyond that.
Have a great afternoon!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Hello everyone nice day at 69!I got a long walk in Also got my new pants delivered & my eye cream Denise also got lined up appts for new glasses and new hearing aid
Jana Si glad teacher problems are worked out Glad Daniel was prepared

Velda Enjoy your dance nite Great exercise
Carol Gladbyou had a successful day
Maryz Know your Bigfoot quilt will be loved
We are having chili Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Good Afternoon,

I had a great time at Disney California Adventure. It just was too short of a time. I will be going back on February 28th.

I am cutting and sewing the first blocks for the Tennessee Waltz quilt.

Dinner is ready. We are having Stuffed Pepper Casserole.

Becca - So glad you are getting out for a walk. I walked this morning too. It was beautiful.

Maryz - Just enjoy making the Bigfoot quilt. No rush.

Jana - Glad Daniel had the test results.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”