Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:40 am

Good morning,

We are having a few drizzly days of about 46* and then, come Wed, we're heading into the 50's with sunshine! 🌞😎 Yay! I've made a vow to myself to get outside then and start spring cleanup - at least an hour a day while the sunshine lasts.

Yesterday I started my new project - a quilt of a forest of trees with a few Bigfoots lurking here and there. For our friend, Bob's, new home - a big toy-hauler fifth-wheel. Turns out I need to finish that quilt a lot sooner than I'd expected. So, all else is now on hold while I work on this one.

LORI - I can see I need to learn a lot more about honey!

VELDA - I have several doilies, too, all in a small tote. I keep saying that one day I'm going to use them in a project. Ditto the small tote I have of old fashioned hankies. One day . . . . .

TINA - I thought you had red-something turtles. My BFF's DD moved in with her temporarily and along with her came "Flash", DD's desert tortoise who is about 12" big now. Flash lives in the house and my friend's cat keeps trying to play with him. lol! I think I remember that Chriss's dad and mom have/had a big desert tortoise and he hibernated in the attic in winter in shredded newpapers.

JANA - I'm thinking when it comes to LQS's, your idea of behaving and Michael's might differ somewhat. :lol: I found it worked well when I wanted to order something once to have our new tiny LQS (1 mi from my house) order it for me. Gives them the business and I don't have to pay shipping. You sleep on rollers? Have you ever tried hot rollers? SOO much more comfy - and quick!

My friend, Susie, is having day surgery on Feb 8. I offered to bring them supper that night and she accepted IMMEDIATELY. I was thinking chicken noodle casserole would be good. I have what looks like a good recipe but I've never made it so I'm going to try it for us tonite and see how it goes. 🀞

What's the plan in your kitchen?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 5th

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:36 am

Hello everyone
Yesterday was the Celebration of Life for CA it was a cold day but Alex had us a beautiful place with plenty of room for the kids to play We had probably 70 or more
I am still with Denise and Mark With the new baby due in March I may make a decision by then The place is picked I just need to have peace about it I know it will be a new experience for me
Maryz You always amaze me with All your skills and speed
I had Covid for 2 weeks but God brought me thru
Love & hugs to all. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 am

Hi Mary and Becca. Hugs, Becca, quite a big change for you, but your strong faith will carry you through. New baby coming with be a happy time to look forward to.
Maryz. Chicken casserole sounds yummy. My recipe is a family favorite for generations and handed down All the men perk up when that's on the menu!!
We have left over pizza from last night. For lunch we finished up the chili.

By the way, Mary, you mentioned that you don't make popcorn on stove top because of glass top stove.
That's what we have here in the condo.
Here's what I use:

https://www.whirleypopshop.com/

It doesn't scratch because you just turn the crank, no shaking. And I will add, it makes the best darn popcorn. Way,way better than microwave.
I wore out one pan and had to get another. They are available at a lot of stores now. Used to be exclusive at Cracker Barrel or order from their web site. Now Walmart, Amazon, Farm stores, etc. have it available.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Becca, so nice to see you posting again. I too had covid. Feeling much better now.

Mary, you new project sounds fun.

I finished up the log cabin top. It's fabulous. 96 x 96. I'll figure out the back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Dinner was Chinese's take out.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:39 pm

Vel, that looks like a fun gadget.
Lori 8-)

Return to β€œChit Chat”